ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. Women's World Cup

alaskanseminole

Bull Gator
Oct 20, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Abby Wambach (a Gator great) is ready to lead this team in her final cup. Facing off tonight against Australia...should be a somewhat easy match with out Morgan as she continues to heal.

Anyway, anyone watching? Hoping Morgan continues to progress.

Sad to think this is Wambach, Boxx and Rampone's last Cup.

Yes I will watch. I think Morgan has been cleared although they may just hold her out.

looks like the new coach is keeping Wambach as a late game reserve. Not sure i agree with that, but i guess with her age you can't expect 90 minutes. But I think you'd get more quality minutes by starting her.

we play Sweden tonight who is coached by the former US coach, Sindhage. Sindhage says she would start Wambach, although you don't know whether she's trying to get in her head.

looks like the new coach is keeping Wambach as a late game reserve. Not sure i agree with that, but i guess with her age you can't expect 90 minutes. But I think you'd get more quality minutes by starting her.

we play Sweden tonight who is coached by the former US coach, Sindhage. Sindhage says she would start Wambach, although you don't know whether she's trying to get in her head.
Wow, you're really into women's soccer aren't you....

i coach youth soccer and the women's game is good to watch because its slower and easier to pick up the strategies /tactics.

The US teams in both mens and womens are so sloppy with possession and handling

Lemon Thrower, in other Gator news, what do you think of Sully now?

Good ole Sully!

ufchoke.jpg

The USA has a championship caliber defense and keeper, but their midfield outside of Rapinoe is awful right now and Rapinoe is out against China.

When do we play again, Im trying to find the odds for the next match.

The USA has a championship caliber defense and keeper, but their midfield outside of Rapinoe is awful right now and Rapinoe is out against China.

Don't forget Holiday is out as well and isn't Boxx out with injury? I wonder if they should move Johnston back to her traditional midfield position? Who would you start at forward and would you start 2 or 3? I'm thinking start Leroux and Morgan and rest Abby.

Don't forget Holiday is out as well and isn't Boxx out with injury? I wonder if they should move Johnston back to her traditional midfield position? Who would you start at forward and would you start 2 or 3? I'm thinking start Leroux and Morgan and rest Abby.

I think she would be fine there, but you don't want to mess with the back 4 right now, they are playing extremely well, I would play a 4-3-3 but I doubt the coach will do it. I would put Press in the front 3 with Wambach and Morgan, and I'd put Heather O'Reilly on the outside of the midfield with Lloyd in the middle (although she's struggling, there really is nobody else and she is capable of a breakout game). I'd put Morgan Brian in the other midfield spot. I doubt most of this will happen, though, because the coach is stuck on playing a 4-4-2.

I'd just run the 3-4 and blitz the Outside Strikers every play

hold on......

I think she would be fine there, but you don't want to mess with the back 4 right now, they are playing extremely well, I would play a 4-3-3 but I doubt the coach will do it. I would put Press in the front 3 with Wambach and Morgan, and I'd put Heather O'Reilly on the outside of the midfield with Lloyd in the middle (although she's struggling, there really is nobody else and she is capable of a breakout game). I'd put Morgan Brian in the other midfield spot. I doubt most of this will happen, though, because the coach is stuck on playing a 4-4-2.

Solid line up...agree with you on the defense...they are playing VERY well. JJ is fun to watch (easy on the eyes too). I think you're right about the 4-4-2. I think this game will be faster than the Columbia game as China doesn't tend to play with the ball as much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT