ADVERTISEMENT

Tumbleweeds ---------------- Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

It is back up and running, GSMB. I'll pitch in some for gas money to get you back.

You assnoles can gladly go post on dotties world where you love everything garnet and gold or get banned for life. Unfortunately those losers come over here right Dan and Alaskan?

Originally posted by gatorshime:
You assnoles can gladly go post on dotties world where you love everything garnet and gold or get banned for life. Unfortunately those losers come over here right Dan and Alaskan?
Not all the Noles here are Warchant ban refugees. Some are here to interact with the dozens of loyal UF fans...such as yourself...who populate this forum. I do have a question for you. What makes you happiest...Gators winning or Noles losing? I intend no offense. I just don't remember you posting anything other than negative stuff about FSU.

Originally posted by gatorshime:
what was the question?

Gatorshime is cool. This is him after hitting "post message" after a vicious profanity laced tirade directed at the resident Noles:

18E460E6-7112-45C0-B93C-5BC03851AEAC.jpg

Originally posted by GSMBrefugee:
The product on the field is why gator boards are pretty deserted. The one I used to post on got shut down lol
The board was hoppin' back in the days of Zook.
party0005.r191677.gif

I think I might be in the top 10-15 of longest running regulars now, which is odd. For instance, numbers only started posting in 2010, and I was posting in 2004 or early 2005, so I think that means I was still 15...which is funny to think of now that im pushing 30.

Things change, and I actually feel bad for the people that missed out on the real Golden Age around here. It wasn't about number of posters, but rather, variety and the personalities.

Much of that has gone over the years, sadly, but then again all things are cyclical.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
I think I might be in the top 10-15 of longest running regulars now, which is odd. For instance, numbers only started posting in 2010, and I was posting in 2004 or early 2005, so I think that means I was still 15...which is funny to think of now that im pushing 30.

Things change, and I actually feel bad for the people that missed out on the real Golden Age around here. It wasn't about number of posters, but rather, variety and the personalities.

Much of that has gone over the years, sadly, but then again all things are cyclical.
I have come and gone and come and gone over the years. By no means considered a "regular" but my days on rivals trace back to when Gator Country was part of rivals and The Swamp.com was the other Gator board connected with Rivals. Rivals reworked and those two went independent. When GatorBait.net took over it was mostly me, your buddy Insta, a bunch of UGA fans, some Miami fans, and the annoying Nole fans.

It it was awesome here from about 2004-2009. The personalities were pretty cool. Things happen and folks come and go. It is kind of like a bar. You have your regulars, they fade out and new regulars come in. Then you have folks like yourself who have stuck it out for a long minute.

Agreed. And a lot of people just fade away or get fed up and exile themselves.

Message boards are bizarre places at times.

And I wish we could convince insta to come back...get roody and myself on it? Hell, I'd be entertained for ages.

Tennessegator,

2004-2009 were some pretty great years. The end of Zook, the start of Urban & 4 national titles in the two most important sports.

Yes success had a lot to do with it, but there was a LOT to talk about with Muschamp in the house too. Sadly it more resembled the warslant over here as it was a house divided amongst those who supported Muschamp and those who wanted no excuses. Since he's been gone, there's really not much to talk about till we start seeing the product on the field from the new staff.

That's just how it is and there's no way to change that unless people lose their minds and start saying crazy things in front of the media.

Honestly the only real talk is the Fulmer Cup this year (Tennessee got another fine felony to their credit this week) and threads like this one here.

Originally posted by grommit:
Yes success had a lot to do with it, but there was a LOT to talk about with Muschamp in the house too. Sadly it more resembled the warslant over here as it was a house divided amongst those who supported Muschamp and those who wanted no excuses. Since he's been gone, there's really not much to talk about till we start seeing the product on the field from the new staff.

That's just how it is and there's no way to change that unless people lose their minds and start saying crazy things in front of the media.

Honestly the only real talk is the Fulmer Cup this year (Tennessee got another fine felony to their credit this week) and threads like this one here.
Bammer got them two in one day for the Fulmer cup. One for his second DUI and one for his second domestic violence

sadgator (along with Denirogator)is probably one of the longest tenured members of this actual board. We were here in 2002, long before most current posters.

While sadgator has seen many come and go, he will say that the moderators here have been pretty much consistently excellent during the entire time he has been posting here. They put up with tons of non-sense and allow for pretty much unrestricted friendly banter so long as it is generally respectful and not offensive. If you get yourself banned here, you ought to know that you deserved it and you should clearly understand why. It has been the same way for as long as sadgator can remember.

The lack of activity here has little or nothing to with the moderating on this Board. It has to do with the fact that we don't have much to discuss. There is always a dip of activity in the Spring, and this year, we didn't even have hoops to discuss.

And, the truth is, that most folks didn't perceive Mac to be a big enough "splash" of a hire to get the buzz going, like Urban did right off the bat. sadgator has no doubt that Mac will ultimately become a bright star here, but it is going to be more of a Billy-like climb than an Urban instant jolt.

Until we see the new product producing offensive numbers and we start winning games, there just isn't much to talk about.

How many times can we talk about our uniform combination color preferences or whether we think an IPF is a good idea? When you're not winning, and not excited about anything, it just doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT