ADVERTISEMENT

Tumbleweeds ---------------- Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Seminole

Baby Gator
May 29, 2001
Be very quiet.

What! I remember when this forum was rocking! I miss the friendly/not so friendly rivalry banter.

What happened here?

Bring back this forum.

He was just making an observation as if he had walked in to a dying mall.

Originally posted by Seminole:
Be very quiet.

What! I remember when this forum was rocking! I miss the friendly/not so friendly rivalry banter.

What happened here?

Bring back this forum.
Bong left, Tampa left & Ghost.

Some heavy hitters no longer here.

Originally posted by Nolez29:

Be very quiet.

What happened here?

Bring back this forum.
Bong left, Tampa left & Ghost.

Some heavy hitters no longer here.
It is pretty dead here now. Hell, I just got back from my 4th banning in the last 4 months. Have to really toe the company line.

The place got a little too Nole friendly and had a VERY small number of a-hole posters who drove some people away. I think things have gotten better recently.

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
The place got a little too Nole friendly and had a VERY small number of a-hole posters who drove some people away. I think things have gotten better recently.
BINGO !!! WAY too many f'in null$ around here ...

I like the Noles. Why not have as many different fan bases represented here as possible? Makes for more threads and more discussion. Just my opinion, that's what a message board is for.

Reactions: ck5nole
Be very quiet.

What happened here?

Bring back this forum.
I don't think most people mind plenty of rivals, but there has to be a limit, and there has to be a home field advantage.

Originally posted by G8RMark:
BINGO !!! WAY too many f'in null$ around here ...
You saying u want me to leave?

Originally posted by djegators:
I don't think most people mind plenty of rivals, but there has to be a limit, and there has to be a home field advantage.
Oh, you have it...I assure you.

lbz72dbccpyldkuqaljh.gif

The change in the management policy of this board was caused, in part, by the repeated inability or unwillingness of several Noles to comply with the very liberal previous policy, and by extreme conduct of several Noles (in some cases, on repeated occasions) when the moderators enforced even basic rules. For YEARS, we attempted to maintain open dialogue. It didn't work, and eventually resulted in the departure of two of the three "heavy hitters" referenced earlier in the thread.

Note that, even prior to the change in policy, it has always been against the rules to complain about the moderation of the board by posting on the board. In the past, we regularly overlooked transgressions in that regard. We do not intend to overlook them under the current policy. Therefore, in the future, feel free to provide your thoughts as to the management of this dying mall by e-mail, but refrain from doing so on the board.

This post was edited on 3/24 5:26 PM by JD Gator

Originally posted by JD Gator:
The change in the management policy of this board was caused, in part, by the repeated inability or unwillingness of several Noles to comply with the very liberal previous policy, and by extreme conduct of several Noles (in some cases, on repeated occasions) when the moderators enforced even basic rules. For YEARS, we attempted to maintain open dialogue. It didn't work, and eventually resulted in the departure of two of the three "heavy hitters" referenced earlier in the thread.

Note that, even prior to the change in policy, it has always been against the rules to complain about the moderation of the board by posting on the board. In the past, we regularly overlooked transgressions in that regard. We do not intend to overlook them under the current policy. Therefore, in the future, feel free to provide your thoughts as to the management of this dying mall by e-mail, but refrain from doing so on the board.

One of the better moderated boards on Rivals. I am not bsing u, this might actullay get me banned elsewhere if I get reported.

The board is dead because after 5 years of constant complaining, the poor performance on the field, mixed with a resurgent FSU team and, most recently, the abysmal basketball team, people have lost hope.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
The board is dead because after 5 years of constant complaining, the poor performance on the field, mixed with a resurgent FSU team and, most recently, the abysmal basketball team, people have lost hope.
Pretty spot on.

Seriously. The majority of threads the last few years have been all about awful offense, and Jameis Winston.

Seriously. The majority of threads the last few years have been all about awful offense, and Jameis Winston.
Warchant circa 05-09.

Half of the threads were FSU because half of the posters were FSU.
wink.r191677.gif

Half of the threads were FSU because half of the posters were FSU.
wink.r191677.gif
and over half those threads were started by Angus and Shime. ...they luv dem some Famous Jameis.
wink.r191677.gif

...and now we have a thread about FSU threads. lol

Originally posted by Nolez29:

One of the better moderated boards on Rivals. I am not bsing u, this might actullay get me banned elsewhere if I get reported.
Posters like this have ruined this board.

Word. The board is basically a distraction, we're a little online family. So when you have to watch a terrible product AND read about that terrible product constantly, its easy to check out. I don't really think it's anything more than that. The mood of the board tends to reflect the performances of the team. Hasn't been much to look forward to lately.

BONG didn't leave because of us, JD. iirc, you banned him for his constant champ complaining and he took his ball and went home. If I did that every time you banned me, I'd run out of balls.
wink.r191677.gif

Ghost left because Noles suck and started to outnumber the Gator posters. I think your new management style has turned the tide back in the Gator's favor and justifiably so.

I publicly acknowledge that my brethren and I are on thin ice and will remain so for the foreseeable future. It is what it is when you choose to hang out behind enemy lines.

stand-on-that-thin-ice.gif

The image above is a tribute to the past. The log-tossing, gentleman on the right is ghost. 3 guesses who's on the left, but you'll only need 1.

Originally posted by oozie7:
I like the Noles. Why not have as many different fan bases represented here as possible? Makes for more threads and more discussion. Just my opinion, that's what a message board is for.
Agreed. I would not ban save for the most egregious of behavior.

Originally posted by MJWilliamson:

It's not "NOLES", it's lousy posters that add nothing to the enjoyment of the board.

We all know who the crap posters are.

Originally posted by ColonelAngus:
Originally posted by MJWilliamson:

It's not "NOLES", it's lousy posters that add nothing to the enjoyment of the board.

We all know who the crap posters are.
That's all a matter of opinion though. Take Megan for example, he could be annoying but once you got past his shtick his dumb predictions that were always wrong and his horrible photoshops made him one of my favorite posters. He was always good for a laugh.

That's all a matter of opinion though. Take Megan for example, he could be annoying but once you got past his shtick his dumb predictions that were always wrong and his horrible photoshops made him one of my favorite posters. He was always good for a laugh.
roll.r191677.gif

I completely forgot about Megan's turrible photo-shops...I loved them! LOL

This place was a blast back then...we'd rib each other pretty good (BONG used to ride Megan like a stolen bicycle). The difference back then, IMO, was the fact FSU sucked and UF was King of Mountain. Post styles haven't really changed, it's the simple fact losing is like a disease and it plagued this board. I guarantee when/if UF rises back to the top of CFB, most won't give two farts what Noles have to say around her (just like before).

I do miss the rival fans. I remember when somebody would post the slightest thing about Iowa...yes IOWA one of their fans would quickly jump on the thread to defend Iowa. It was like they had 24/7 msg board patrol.

I remember every year "that this is Kentucky's year to end the streak" and how they would defend that Kentucks weren't inbread hillbillies because .004% of the states population that surrounded the town of Lexington had nice horses and nice ranches. I guess when one person has 14 racing horses, that is more teeth than an entire eastern KY community. However that same community has more pain pill bottles than that.

I remember years ago UT fans would show up using the argument that they held the all time record vs UF...but that ended. Then their only arguement was Peyton Manning has a wonderful NFL career and no UF QB ever has. They slowly disappeared.

It used to be a good variety of fans from other places as well. Miami, UGA, a few Bammers, and such.

I don't have the high post numbers but I have been around for ages. I've seen a lot of changes years in and years out. With the wins, it will come.

As folks grow older other things take priority over msg boards. It happens.

Originally posted by TennesseeGator:
I do miss the rival fans. I remember when somebody would post the slightest thing about Iowa...yes IOWA one of their fans would quickly jump on the thread to defend Iowa. It was like they had 24/7 msg board patrol.

I remember every year "that this is Kentucky's year to end the streak" and how they would defend that Kentucks weren't inbread hillbillies because .004% of the states population that surrounded the town of Lexington had nice horses and nice ranches. I guess when one person has 14 racing horses, that is more teeth than an entire eastern KY community. However that same community has more pain pill bottles than that.

I remember years ago UT fans would show up using the argument that they held the all time record vs UF...but that ended. Then their only arguement was Peyton Manning has a wonderful NFL career and no UF QB ever has. They slowly disappeared.

It used to be a good variety of fans from other places as well. Miami, UGA, a few Bammers, and such.

I don't have the high post numbers but I have been around for ages. I've seen a lot of changes years in and years out. With the wins, it will come.

As folks grow older other things take priority over msg boards. It happens.
I agree....Gecko was a hell of a moderator.

It's dead right now cause yes people left, but mostly because we have 5 months till football season starts, and the only men's sport of note we're any good at is Baseball and that's about as much of a sport as golf or crapping on your hand is. Just not much to talk about unless someone F's up on one of our rivals' teams, or worse, on our own. Spring practice is a largely closed affair this year, so there's only so much to talk about right now.

Originally posted by grommit:
...Just not much to talk about unless someone F's up on one of our rivals' teams, or worse, on our own. Spring practice is a largely closed affair this year, so there's only so much to talk about right now.
Even that's not giving us much this year, grommit as the FCS is championing that effort!

Fulmer Cup

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:

Originally posted by grommit:
...Just not much to talk about unless someone F's up on one of our rivals' teams, or worse, on our own. Spring practice is a largely closed affair this year, so there's only so much to talk about right now.
Even that's not giving us much this year, grommit as the FCS is championing that effort!
Honestly I say screw it. I don't GIAS about baseball, college or pro, even though it's nice when our girls win really big in softball and the guys have been really respectable these past years. It's good for Florida but I can't get into that "sport" no matter how hard I try. Basketball tourny holds zero interest for me as I don't GIAS about Kentucky in roundball and we're nothing decent this year so meh for that. It's summertime, my plants are all planted, pool is cleaned up, as is the yard. So the next few months is all about diving/sailing/mountaineering for me. If doofus Butch Dooley does something retarded up at Tennessee on a weekly basis, I expect that and will read about it of course, but other than that, we're in the dead spot of the year as far as I'm concerned.

Yep. While I love baseball, it's not worthy of daily discussions.

What is one to say? "Ah hey, well, maybe we...won't...su...' F*&C!

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:

roll.r191677.gif

I completely forgot about Megan's turrible photo-shops...I loved them! LOL

This place was a blast back then...we'd rib each other pretty good (BONG used to ride Megan like a stolen bicycle). The difference back then, IMO, was the fact FSU sucked and UF was King of Mountain. Post styles haven't really changed, it's the simple fact losing is like a disease and it plagued this board. I guarantee when/if UF rises back to the top of CFB, most won't give two farts what Noles have to say around her (just like before).
That depends. Are we talking wet farts? SBDs? Drum rolls?

The product on the field is why gator boards are pretty deserted. The one I used to post on got shut down lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT