ADVERTISEMENT

The South becoming "Land of the Impoverished?"

New 'poverty areas' are the well-predicted results of Clinton's efforts to spread crime into nicer neighborhoods.

I'm sure that the housing bust coupled with the fact that the fasted growing areas are in the south have nothing to do with this.

Nobody is forcing anyone to live here. For those who like to take shots at the South...we "don't need ya 'round anyhow."

If only all the a-holes from New Yawk would notice that I-95 runs in both directions. The ones who move to Flawrida to get away from the dirty hell hole where they are taxed to death. But they continue to vote Democrat after they get here, so that we can be sure to follow all the great things that are going on in New Yawk.
Crist is counting on these people.

Originally posted by goldmom:

If only all the a-holes from New Yawk would notice that I-95 runs in both directions. The ones who move to Flawrida to get away from the dirty hell hole where they are taxed to death. But they continue to vote Democrat after they get here, so that we can be sure to follow all the great things that are going on in New Yawk.
Has anyone seen Crist's wife lately? I was in the convenience store and I swear I saw her pic on a milk bottle.

Originally posted by Nastigators:

Has anyone seen Crist's wife lately? I was in the convenience store and I swear I saw her pic on a milk bottle.
Heard she passed away from inhaling secondary spray-tan fumes.

I hear she won't travel south of Manhattan. Chuckles won't have a first lady.

Of course, they say he has never had a lady first, so who knows?

I hear she won't travel south of Manhattan. Chuckles won't have a first lady.

Of course, they say he has never had a lady first, so who knows?
The only kitty Chuckles' ever tasted was at a chinese restaurant.

Actually, I'd be willing to bet most from the northeast and midwest (NY, PA, NJ, CT, MA and IL) that move here to FL have $$$ in their pockets. So, they're not really creating much of the problem. Your education down here (also starting to fail up north) is the backbone of the issue in my opinion. Raise children that have no viable market skills by the time they're 18-21 and forget about it.

Are you saying that inner city kids in Philly, NYC, and the like are at reading level by 4th grade?
Or are they like most kids around the country who are in unionized schools and therefore being cheated out of a real education?

I don't think that's confined to a regional problem.

this is an example of the saying "figures don't lie, but liars figure."

It says it's based on the percentage increase in NUMBER of people living in impoverished areas. Well, guess what. The South had increased in population, while the Midwest and Northeast populations have either been stagnant or shrunk.

Thus since the overall population of the South had increased more, it would stand to reason that we would have the biggest increase in population in all areas, those impoverished and those not. It's a backhanded way of saying "newsflash, people of all types are fleeing the north for the warmer climates of the south."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT