ADVERTISEMENT

The only thing more fun than....

I will be curious to see if UVA starts Kirby Friday. He is their ace that has been hurt for some time. He has not started for some time. He was drafted in the second round this year, after he got hurt. Before that, he was projected as a sure fire first rounder. He was almost unhittable last year.

Friday would be a perfect game to start him, given UVA has a game to burn.

0030.gif

Very good team you have, it will be hard stopping them from here on out. Great hitting and pitching.

GO Canes!

Very good team you have, it will be hard stopping them from here on out. Great hitting and pitching.

GO Canes!

Thanks buddy.

I think we can now safely say that while Miami is still comfortably ahead in the whole series, Sully owns Miami.

They said the wind was blowing out last night as well. No doubt the ball was not carrying on Monday. The difference between the two balls Bader hit in his first AB was was probably 60 feet. One dies on the warning track to left, the other flies into the left center bleachers.

Definitely an equalizer for UVA if the ball isn't carrying.

I will be curious to see if UVA starts Kirby Friday. He is their ace that has been hurt for some time. He has not started for some time. He was drafted in the second round this year, after he got hurt. Before that, he was projected as a sure fire first rounder. He was almost unhittable last year.

Friday would be a perfect game to start him, given UVA has a game to burn.

Just read that Kirby will get the start for UVa.

Lefty. I hope we roll with Vasquez in Right. He makes the bottom of the lineup so much more dangerous, and a run or two could win this game.

Just read that Kirby will get the start for UVa.
Yep. As good as he was before the injury, I am happy to be facing a guy that has thrown a meaningful pitch for over eight weeks.

But if he is on, he will be hard to beat.

Just a terrible play by Bader getting thrown out at second. Had a runner at third with one out, and potentially he took the bat out of Schwarz's hands this inning.

We probably just gave up a run there. Really bad play by Bader, who has been great in the postseason. Sully was chewing his ass!

Great season, but we had the best team in the tournament. I think we lost our edge a little bit, scoring all those runs in the postseason.

Sulley is now 6-8 in Omaha... Something just isn't working

There's no way that team should have beaten us twice, we were huge favorites for a reason. I just don't think they will ever get it done

but college baseball is still an absolutely awful brand to watch, the umpires are still absolutely pathetic and inconsistent.. I can't even pay attention to the other games if I try

This year's a tough one to take. I didn't like the team we ran out there tonight. I'm assuming Puk couldn't go, but our best team is Vasquez in right and JJ at DH. I didn't like the way we let UVA dictate our lineups.

We played with a real nasty attitude for most of the season. We kind of lost it when we started scoring 10 runs a game.

It's hard to complain about Sully with what we have done, but something just doesn't get it done when we need it in Omaha. We very well could have won it all at least twice now in the last 4 years and only made the Final once, while losing BOTH games. While teams like UCLA, Arizona, Vandy last year are winning it all when they don't have the type of bats and pitching overall that we have. It's like the Softball team was for years before Walton figured something out and now he's got a dynasty in the making. Hopefully we do the same in Baseball

Reactions: GatorGray
Well, looks like Vandy in a walk now. Virginia threw their two best arms at us while we put a weekday starter out there, because one of the teams was playing to win it all, and the other was playing to get to the finals. It was the 1-0 game that killed us, we would have waltzed into the final and had an epic battle with Vandy, instead we will get to watch Vandy pummel an overmatched team.

I don't mean to criticize Sully. The job he's done at UF, and this year, has been incredible. I just think, in an elimination game, your absolute best team should be on the field. Schwarz is your Saturday catcher, so I would have had him DH, particularly since Puk, the usual Saturday starter wasn't pitching. As far as Vasquez, he was probably their second hottest hitter after Schwarz throughout the postseason. I think they said he was 10-20 with three doubles in the postseason. I wouldn't let the other team take him out of the game by pitching lefties. Larson came up in the seventh with a runner on third and facing a right hander. I definitely would have pinch hit him there. Score was tied though, so Sully may have been thinking defense.

These are just quibbles. The team had a great year, and I had a lot of fun watching them. Our team is going to be sick for the next two years. We will be preseason number one by a mile next year. Schwarz, Reed, Alonso, Rivera, Guthrie, Larson, Vasquez all coming back to hit and a staff anchored by Shore, Puk and Faedo. Should be a lot of fun.

Well, looks like Vandy in a walk now. Virginia threw their two best arms at us while we put a weekday starter out there, because one of the teams was playing to win it all, and the other was playing to get to the finals. It was the 1-0 game that killed us, we would have waltzed into the final and had an epic battle with Vandy, instead we will get to watch Vandy pummel an overmatched team.

At least we still got to see an epic battle.

You nailed it.

As Numbers said, the UVA team reminded me so much of USC in 2009. They were just tough teams that competed every pitch, every out and made whatever play was necessary. We were, by far, the most talented team in the tournament. Stack us up position by position and pitcher by pitcher with UVA, and it's not even close. But UVA played the big moments better, and that is what wins close baseball games. Their long reliever was a horse and deserved the MVP. He was the best player in the tournament.

As Numbers said, the UVA team reminded me so much of USC in 2009. They were just tough teams that competed every pitch, every out and made whatever play was necessary. We were, by far, the most talented team in the tournament. Stack us up position by position and pitcher by pitcher with UVA, and it's not even close. But UVA played the big moments better, and that is what wins close baseball games. Their long reliever was a horse and deserved the MVP. He was the best player in the tournament.
Yep. Congrats to them. They earned all their victories in the CWS

ADVERTISEMENT