ADVERTISEMENT

The Dukes of Hazzard

Rushie

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2002
Were apparently overt racists and beneficiaries of white privilege. Who knew????

I was in Gatlinburg, TN for this past weekend - a 15 truck rebel flag parade went right through downtown ..... Each vehicle had about 4 flags.

I wish peeps would freaking get an education and realize the Confederacy fought the war over the Feds breaking the 10th amendment and not over slavery in and of itself

Reactions: EvilWayz
Not a big fan of the confederate flag, to be honest, but I'm an even smaller fan of using the sudden "outrage" over the flag to censor speech that just happened to have some connection with the flag.

It's like censoring a certain word in Huck Finn because it was offensive, even it was entirely appropriate in the context of the novel.

There is no such thing as the Rebel Flag. It's the battle flag of Northern VIrginia, or just the Battle flag. And if it's rectangular its the battle flag of Tennessee.

That was the name of it during the War Between the State (a.k.a. the War of Northern Aggression). But as years passed, it was adopted as an overall symbol of rebels against the large centralized national government. The point is, it was NEVER the "Confederate Flag".

That was the name of it during the War Between the State (a.k.a. the War of Northern Aggression). But as years passed, it was adopted as an overall symbol of rebels against the large centralized national government. The point is, it was NEVER the "Confederate Flag".
Well I know that and YOU know that but everyone else just starts screaming RACIST as soon as they see one. THere were three confederate flags ( four if you count bonnie blue) and only two of them had the southern cross on them.

Well I know that and YOU know that but everyone else just starts screaming RACIST as soon as they see one. THere were three confederate flags ( four if you count bonnie blue) and only two of them had the southern cross on them.

And NONE of them were JUST the cross. It would be like saying the "Stars" portion (without the Stripes) of the American flag is the US Flag.

Reactions: EvilWayz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT