ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier hitches ride on UF plane....again

Obviously Spurrier was irritated that he was asked to interview for the UF job, coming back from the pros. That was probably a Machen call, though. I love to see Spurrier and MCE hanging out. MCE obviously respects the hell out of him, as he should, and it seems like Spurrier likes where MCE is coming from.

Many posters on this board and elsewhere have stated that SOS and Foley did not get along and were no longer friends and that's why he left UF. Foley is far from a deity, he has flaws and has made mistakes like all of us, but I believe he is the best AD in the country. Michi, quit putting words in my mouth, you are the master of exaggeration. I keep waiting for your recommendation who we should hire in his place?

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Many posters on this board and elsewhere have stated that SOS and Foley did not get along and were no longer friends and that's why he left UF. Foley is far from a deity, he has flaws and has made mistakes like all of us, but I believe he is the best AD in the country. Michi, quit putting words in my mouth, you are the master of exaggeration. I keep waiting for your recommendation who we should hire in his place?

What you said!

He just shouldn't have anything to do with the football program. You do realize had we not lost an unlosable game against USCe the neandrethal would still be our coach? He completely mishandled firing Chimp allowing him to land at AuBarn. He then paid a monsterous buyout because he heard "the fans wanted offense" and in his world that meant getting a guy who ran "3 yards and a punt" at Bama.

Again, letting pride get in the way and keeping Chump after the GSU game because in week 2 you said he was staying has set Florida football back YEARS! So much so I am not sure CJM has a chance to dig out of this.

But sure, best in the business

eww.gif

He just shouldn't have anything to do with the football program. You do realize had we not lost an unlosable game against USCe the neandrethal would still be our coach? He completely mishandled firing Chimp allowing him to land at AuBarn. He then paid a monsterous buyout because he heard "the fans wanted offense" and in his world that meant getting a guy who ran "3 yards and a punt" at Bama.

Again, letting pride get in the way and keeping Chump after the GSU game because in week 2 you said he was staying has set Florida football back YEARS! So much so I am not sure CJM has a chance to dig out of this.

eww.gif

And yet you still can't and haven't answered the question. I get it. It just easier to complain.

I wouldn't be in favor of replacing Foley, but it's legitimate to complain about his handling of the football program. A 4 win season at UF is beyond comprehension as are the roster problems that Muschamp left behind. Negligence is the word that comes to mind. Until McElwain gets things headed in the right direction, Foley owns that disaster.

I hate the argument "oh yeah, who would you get that's better?" We heard that for two years with Muschamp and McElwain's name didn't come up once. Does that mean we should have kept Muschamp? It's the AD's job to know who the potential coaching hires are and the president's job to know who the potential AD hires are. Pay me six figures to be on top of these things, and I promise you I'll give you a list of a dozen good candidates to run UF football.

I think both sides tend to conflate issues. There are those people who think if you criticize Foley's handling of the football program, you think he sucks as an AD and are overlooking his success elsewhere and likewise there are those people who think because Foley made a mistake with Muschamp, he really isn't a good AD. Both sides make no sense. Bottom line is you can't look at UF's success athletically and argue that Foley ISN'T a good AD. And you likewise can't argue that between Zook and Muschamp he's made bad football hires. His resume right now when it comes to Football is Urban (awesome), Zook (aight), Muschamp (horrible). If you only care about football then your view of him will reflect that. But there's no argument that overall he's one of the better AD's out there.

And yet you still can't and haven't answered the question. I get it. It just easier to complain.

Mark Hollis, Michigan St University

Manages to keep Izzo from looking around and has overseen the building of a football power at a university with ZERO track record in the sport, ZERO recruiting base yet has two consecutive top 5 finishes.

I wouldn't be in favor of replacing Foley, but it's legitimate to complain about his handling of the football program. A 4 win season at UF is beyond comprehension as are the roster problems that Muschamp left behind. Negligence is the word that comes to mind. Until McElwain gets things headed in the right direction, Foley owns that disaster.

I hate the argument "oh yeah, who would you get that's better?" We heard that for two years with Muschamp and McElwain's name didn't come up once. Does that mean we should have kept Muschamp? It's the AD's job to know who the potential coaching hires are and the president's job to know who the potential AD hires are. Pay me six figures to be on top of these things, and I promise you I'll give you a list of a dozen good candidates to run UF football.

thumbsup.gif

Manages to keep Izzo from looking around and has overseen the building of a football power at a university with ZERO track record in the sport, ZERO recruiting base yet has two consecutive top 5 finishes.

Really? He doesn't have much of a resume or a track record as an AD. He is more of a marketer. I wouldn't be comfortable with Hollis anywhere near the UF athletic program right now. He has much to prove.

Tom Jurich & Foley are the 2 best ADs in the country.

FWIW this thread wasn't supposed to turn into another Foley is the greatest or the worst AD discussion again.

Really? He doesn't have much of a resume or a track record as an AD. He is more of a marketer. I wouldn't be comfortable with Hollis anywhere near the UF athletic program right now. He has much to prove.

Tom Jurich & Foley are the 2 best ADs in the country.

FWIW this thread wasn't supposed to turn into another Foley is the greatest or the worst AD discussion again.

A. That is completely opinion

B. You started the post in a snide, combative manner and got exactly what you set up to get out of it

C. If Mac fails, do you believe Foley will be allowed to hire the next coach on his own?

We could drink together if you weren't already so distressed about the offense before we've seen a single formation, let alone play.

My liver can't handlevthe amount of whiskey it would take to hear drunk, depressed Michi gabbing on about it.

And that's saying something.

I'm drinking right now. FTR.

The board nice guy and the board drunk, that would be great. Just remember he hates basketball MJ.

beerchug.gif
I think his hate of basketball was just trolling.

And this might be the first time anyone has ever called me "the board nice guy."

I am sure there are a lot of Noles and more than a few Gators that might disagree

He's done a nice job with the cross country program there.

eww.gif

Dude how many times are you going to restate this? I think that I've read this at least 50 times. lol I think that everyone knows that Chump was a bad hire...it's over...let's move on. BTW the right coach will get things turned around fast. We'll see what CJM can do on the field this year and go from there

Reactions: GatorGray
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT