ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Question....

Bull Gator
Sep 22, 2003
How many of you watch every snap of every game we play? for example never miss a play for a smoke break, concession etc... I pass on risking to take a piss to make sure the game doesn't come back from commercial..

How many true die hards do we have here? I've always been one of them and over the top, no one wants to be around me on Gator Game Days ill put it that way. It's probably bad for my health, in fact... I know it is and it has made me physically ill many a time... I can't help it though

Some of those games in 09 did me in emotionally

Me. Record all the games and watch em over and over. Especially this time a year. Idk how I did it the last three years but I did.

I've always been real bad, I used to cry when we lost when I was much younger. No shame

Never cried but was definitely unbearable to be around. When Florida lost my entire weekend and then the following week was ruined. I was just pissed off the entire damn time. Hopefully j grow out of it one day because my pockets are starting to feel it lol.

Never cried but was definitely unbearable to be around. When Florida lost my entire weekend and then the following week was ruined. I was just pissed off the entire damn time. Hopefully j grow out of it one day because my pockets are starting to feel it lol.

I haven't yet. Never grew out of the crying phase either, like #s did.

I get more emotionally involved in the basketball games. It's so tough for 18-20 year old kids to keep their wits about them with all the chaos going on on a basketball court. I end up yelling a lot: "Don't foul him, YOU'RE THIRTY FEET FROM THE BASKET AND UP 5 POINTS!!!" The end of Meyer and the Muschamp regime made me more philosophical about the football games: "Well, we haven't scored a touchdown in 6 quarters, but at least I have my health and a family that cares about me. (long pull on beer)"

I haven't yet. Never grew out of the crying phase either, like #s did.

I think I'm getting there...or maybe it was just my general hatred of all things Muschamp. Even through the 4-8 season I watched every single game not missing a minute. Last year for the first time ever my Saturday's weren't planned around UF games. If my boys wanted to do something, I'd go do it. If the first half of the game was boring, which most were, I'd switch to other games. I can't ever remember doing that until last year.

I used to be the feel-bad-all-week-after-a-loss guy but I care less than ever now. I'm getting tired of being fed 3 crappy home games every year. I've finally realized that, no matter whether they win or lose, it really doesn't make any direct difference in my life. If I'm watching on TV and they start stinking, I don't mind leaving and doing something else.

I used to be the feel-bad-all-week-after-a-loss guy but I care less than ever now. I'm getting tired of being fed 3 crappy home games every year. I've finally realized that, no matter whether they win or lose, it really doesn't make any direct difference in my life. If I'm watching on TV and they start stinking, I don't mind leaving and doing something else.

this

Generally speaking, sports and the outcome of the events seems to have less and less bearing on my life these days. I still love my teams, watch as many games as I can, and root hard for wins, but it gets harder and harder to make it a major part of my life most of the time.

Get DVR. Pause, piss, smoke break, watch. When the commercials come on, fast forward to live TV.

Gator Football means a lot to all of us. Otherwise, sadgator suspects that we wouldn't be posting on a team-related message board.

That being said, sadgator has mellowed quite a bit over the years. Seeing the mountaintop three times definitely had something to do with that. It is hard to imagine our fan base collectively ever having the same passion that we did previous to (or on) the ride up where every win or loss felt like life or death. sadgator feels that those hungry days are a thing of the past...a by-product of our success.

Also, as sadgator has matured with age, he realizes that there are things far more important than the success or failure of Florida Football.

Couple that with the fact that sadgator honestly hasn't identified with Florida Football for the last four years. Beyond the mere lack of winning, Muschamp-ball just didn't look or feel like anything that sadgator really had any prior connection to or association with. It was like watching a totally different program. It was boring, frustrating, and simply, not that entertaining or interesting. sadgator really just felt devoid of any emotional connection to it. There were entire games that sadgator decided to pass on watching for whatever reason. If that makes sadgator less of a fan, then, so be it.

sadgator really hopes Mac can bring that identity back. It would be nice to feel some of that emotional tie to the program again.

Feel you on that Sad. Some of our games were legit so boring it was hard to even enjoy the damn win. I know everyone would say a win is a win, which is true, but its like they forgot that this is also supposed to be entertainment. Like I said before I honestly don't know how or why I rewatched games over the past 3 years. All it ever did was make me more angry. Glad I'm starting to grow out of that some.

I don't think I could ever pass on a game, even when I've been angry and tired of it Im still watching because that's what it's done to me over the years. I grew up watching the 90s in my teens/grade school and throughout high school.. So my age group was as spoiled as it got. Every game back then DID used to be life or death, that Alabama game in the Swamp in 99 took a lot of time off my life, so did the rematch. When we lost it used to matter, I guess that's the problem right now, beating us or winning in the Swamp isn't considered Taboo. It's happening a few times a season lately.. That mizzou game was the worst I can ever remember being beat at home, that reminded me of the LSU game from 02, or the Miami game in the same year actually.

I defiantly have a lot of anxiety...when it comes to football and basketball. The better we are the worse it is...last couple of football seasons it's just been straight disgust! lol...I mean I would be in the hospital if I didn't relax.

Wins and losses used to be the determining factor for my weekend and the remaining week until Thursday morning.

I still have high emotional ties to the UT games because I've been surrounded by those douche nozzles for many years now. I watch that game hard and avoid as many bathroom breaks as possible. I've had a relaxing 10 years as far as that goes.

This day in time, as I am nearing my forties...after years of losing family members, close friends, childhood friends, and witnessing the birth of three sons I helped create I realize the important things in life. Florida Gators is just a hobby I put more emotional ties into watching and rooting for my sons sports teams. They mean more to me personally. Before they started playing sports I wouldn't and I couldn't miss a play of a Gator football game. As I turned into an adult and the occasional work schedule conflicted with a Gator game or as my kids own sports games conflicted with Gator games I learned that reading about or watching the highlights and replays were not so bad.

Duck hunting is my passion. For the most part I can control how successful I am at it. When I have a good weekend in the blind, my week is good. When I have a bad weekend in the blind, my week is bad until Thursday morning. I can determine my success there. I have no control what so ever on how some 17-22 perform against some other 17-22 year olds. I also have no control on how a millionaire calls a game or manages a team.

Once you have kids you don't have a choice but to mellow a little. I know I wanted to cry after the loss to Tennessee in 2001, but was just angry and blamed those scumbag terrorists. If we had Tennessee earlier in the year, as well as had Graham, we would have smoked them.

Now that I have 3 little girls, they could care less whether my school lost a football game. There is no reason for me to make them unhappy.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
The world deserved to see UF and Miami play again in 01, we were a much better team than the year before. MUCH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT