ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Media Days

GatorGray

Bull Gator
Apr 3, 2002
Starts tomorrow. Hope we have some classics from the master.

CJurKq-UEAE-4Be.jpg

HERE are some interviews by Jax radio station 1010 of Jim McElwain, Jonathan Bullard, Vernon Hargreaves & Brandon Powell.

I thought all three players gave very good interviews and represented the University well. Vernon Hargreaves rocking the bow tie:

CJzl8tlWoAAfdrg.jpg

The best one was where McElwain said Muschamp left a great foundation at UF and he just had to build on it a little or words to that effect. Talk about being PC. lol...

From Spurrier's interview:

"People ask me why are you still coaching? I forgot to get fired & I’m not going to cheat."

"I think there's two people running for president within a year of me. Age is just a number on your birth certificate and so forth"

And the obligatory shot at fsu: "Our players know if you hit a girl you're finished."

Reactions: 46885
Spurrier says leaders play. He has backups who scream in locker room. "I tell his assistant coach, 'Tell him nobody is listening to him.' "

"I wish Danny Sheridan did the odds on every coach being here four years from now. That'd be fun to bet on."

"I'm the youngest coach to win four straight bowl games. Did you know that Bianchi?"

Mark Ennis ‏@MarkEnnis 5m5 minutes ago
I think Spurrier is great because he coaches and acts like football is exactly as important as it really is. Which is not much.

Spurrier's breakdown of UF's issues: Re-discover the forward pass.

"They've had 4 coordinators in 5 years. Their WRs are good but they have to get balls headed in their direction."

I am sure I am a bit irrationally optimistic, but I think the team will look leaps and bounds better than last year.

I doubt the offense makes huge strides this season but I think the foundation will be laid for a much better offense in 2016.

Driskel was named the starter at La Tech. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT