ADVERTISEMENT

Oh boy

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...-florida-gators-under-urban-meyer-per-report/

Oh boy, don't know if this is going to hurt or help recruiting, haha. Actually, the only thing recruits care about now is straight cash NIL....they don't care about team, W's and L's, program history, etc.
Honestly, in my opinion, I believe that this sort of exposure will help with recruiting minimally from a notoriety viewpoint. I also think it will be a form of attraction. I don't know, but I'll be watching it 😎 🍿😂. Let's bring back some these gangstas to watch our opponents tremble from the initial kickoff! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
Reactions: brownlec
Current recruits were infants and/or toddlers during those years…they have no active memory of what Florida was during that time period…

sadgator’s gonna go out on a limb and say nobody (other than rivals who want to claim we were “dirty”) is gonna give a sh!t about this.

And haven’t we already drug the program through the mud enough for that time period?!?!?!? Ok, so we had some questionable characters on that team and Urban was a headcase…it’s like…tell us something we don’t know…

Reactions: Gator Fever
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...-florida-gators-under-urban-meyer-per-report/

Oh boy, don't know if this is going to hurt or help recruiting, haha. Actually, the only thing recruits care about now is straight cash NIL....they don't care about team, W's and L's, program history, etc.
I disagree to an extent. I still think the top teams will get better players. Let's say UM and UF are battling over a recruit, if both offer 100k, he's going uf. If um offers 800k, then maybe that pushes him to um. Shit holes like UM just have to pay WAY more. Even then sometimes kid say no

I disagree to an extent. I still think the top teams will get better players. Let's say UM and UF are battling over a recruit, if both offer 100k, he's going uf. If um offers 800k, then maybe that pushes him to um. Shit holes like UM just have to pay WAY more. Even then sometimes kid say no
Yeah but UF has lots more grads who can pitch into the pot than UM. And that guy Ruiz will not be able to actually come up with what they/he bragged about. Isn’t his company falling apart?

Miami screwed themselves when they had no one to keep up with the bag men at Bama and places like that once those schools upped their game even more with that in the 2000s. In the years when they were competing for championships it was street cred for those Broward and Dade players to go to Miami. Like you say the only reason they got the class they did this time was Ruiz pledging a bunch of NIL money. If that gets reduced a lot they are in big trouble.

Slow down. Who do you think was paying kids to go to Da U when they were winning championships?

Hint, they're probably the same people you got your glaucoma medication from.

Orange and green are practically gang colors down there and you can still find any number of celebrity band wagon fans.

Reactions: fsu939913
Per Brandon Siler, documentary is out 8/23.
Can’t wait to hear yet AGAIN how Aaron Hernandez might have shot somebody while in Gainesville and how Urban might have known that Aaron Hernandez might have shot somebody…

Wonder if this special this time will elaborate on the fact that Urban Meyer likely played favorites with players…

Or maybe they will reveal that Zach Smith was a troubled dirtbag…

Think of all the shocking revelations and new things we’ll learn…

Can’t wait to hear yet AGAIN how Aaron Hernandez might have shot somebody while in Gainesville and how Urban might have known that Aaron Hernandez might have shot somebody…

Wonder if this special this time will elaborate on the fact that Urban Meyer likely played favorites with players…

Or maybe they will reveal that Zach Smith was a troubled dirtbag…

Think of all the shocking revelations and new things we’ll learn…

"Might" lol

They’ve actually got Montclair State University, in my town, dressed up like UF for scenes for this doc.

During summer break in between semesters at UF I partied at Montclair State dorms with my boys from high school, haha.

This was the beer pong and college house party anthem back then, haha, who can forget this jam:

Last edited:
Reactions: bradleygator
sadgator will never apologize for or feel bad about winning National Titles, but the more time that passes after the Urban era at Florida, the less sadgator wants to think about it….
Yep, used to be able to trash on Miami and FSU as Thug U and Free Shoes U but Urbie's Gators take the cake and we can't say shite to others.

sadgator will never apologize for or feel bad about winning National Titles, but the more time that passes after the Urban era at Florida, the less sadgator wants to think about it….
Yes Urban definitely has some “issues” and let some things slide but Tony Joiner I’m pretty sure was recruited by Ron Zook and signed when Zook was the coach. Not sure Tony Joiner being a murderer has anything to do with Urban Meyer.

Yes Urban definitely has some “issues” and let some things slide but Tony Joiner I’m pretty sure was recruited by Ron Zook and signed when Zook was the coach. Not sure Tony Joiner being a murderer has anything to do with Urban Meyer.
It’s just disappointing when you think about the actual character of the guys you were cheering and rooting for at the time…sadgator knows that they ain’t choir boys for the most part, but it’s pretty ridiculous when you realize what some of the dudes on the Urban teams were capable of…

The one amazing and confounding thing though is that Tebow was in that locker room with them and seemed to get along with them all…you can’t help but wonder how that worked…

It’s just disappointing when you think about the actual character of the guys you were cheering and rooting for at the time…sadgator knows that they ain’t choir boys for the most part, but it’s pretty ridiculous when you realize what some of the dudes on the Urban teams were capable of…

The one amazing and confounding thing though is that Tebow was in that locker room with them and seemed to get along with them all…you can’t help but wonder how that worked…
Still Joiner’s murder has nothing to do with Urban Meyer. It’s not Meyer’s fault or responsibility that Joiner did what he did in 2016.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Urban is the one who let Joiner play after his arrests for trying to retake his scooter at the impound lot late at night and after reports of him abusing his then girlfriend. Urban didn't sit out various criminal players for big games.

Reactions: EvilWayz
Also, this flick better have the Tebow on stage singing and dancing She Thinks My Tractors Sexy at the Kenny Chesney concert vid.....or they didn't even try to properly piece together a documentary 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT