ADVERTISEMENT

Official SoftBall Super Regional and CWS Thread

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
Caaaraaaazy! Eight SEC teams made to to a Super Regional. That is out of 11 that were invited to the Regionals. TAM, USCe and MSU all were eliminated in the Regionals.

In addition to Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn and LSU are all in one side of the Super Regional bracket. Only two SEC teams must play one another to get to the CWS, Florida and UK. In the other bracket, Missouri, Alabama and Georgia play in the Super Regional.

No SEC Regional Host failed to advance, and UK defeated host ND to advance. Of the 8 SEC teams in the Super Regional, 5 are hosting.

SEC softball has supplanted the Pac 12 as the premier league for the sport. Pac 12 dominated for a long time and the tide started turning 6-7 years ago. Now the SEC has won 2 of the last 3 titles and looks primed to do it again. Hope our bats can get it going, as we're going to need to score more runs and get more clutch hits in the Supers and CWS than we achieved the last 2 weeks of the season and in the Regionals. And we have 5 quality freshmen coming in next year, including the 2 top rated high school players in the country, one of them a pitcher from Georgia.

Well we had three of the top 15 pitchers in the NCAA ERA wise in our last regional.. that girl from FAU was DEALING and was very good. At least you know we will finally be on TV this time since we are playing UK on the SEC network. They had Bama on tv as a 6 seed up 7-0 over the #1 overall team in the only good close game on tv Sunday. The SEC Network is a ****ing joke

wonder if they will show the UK local broadcast for the game.

It is not just SEC TV. ESPN did not carry one Florida softball game in the Regionals either. Which is odd, considering that Florida is the defending national champion.

Well we had three of the top 15 pitchers in the NCAA ERA wise in our last regional.. that girl from FAU was DEALING and was very good. At least you know we will finally be on TV this time since we are playing UK on the SEC network. They had Bama on tv as a 6 seed up 7-0 over the #1 overall team in the only good close game on tv Sunday. The SEC Network is a ****ing joke

wonder if they will show the UK local broadcast for the game.

I agree with that, I don't even get SEC+ either because of the ongoing SECN/Bright House "negotiations"

We may not have the best pitcher (although it's close) but we surely have the deepest staff, and that's always a key under the scenario that you have to lose 2 games to get eliminated. I know softball pitchers can throw forever with little rest but we can throw in a change of pace from time-to-time if Haeger struggles

We may not have the best pitcher (although it's close) but we surely have the deepest staff, and that's always a key under the scenario that you have to lose 2 games to get eliminated. I know softball pitchers can throw forever with little rest but we can throw in a change of pace from time-to-time if Haeger struggles
She is #8 in ERA @ 1.34 nationally and is the highest rated pitcher left in the Super Regionals. Ocasio is #40 and has a ERA of 1.99. Florida's team ERA of 1.73 is second best of teams left. Michigan has the #2 rated team ERA with an incredible 1.50

I hope our bats can get going better, it seems like we really get going when that kelsey girl gets hot.

SEC softball has supplanted the Pac 12 as the premier league for the sport. Pac 12 dominated for a long time and the tide started turning 6-7 years ago. Now the SEC has won 2 of the last 3 titles and looks primed to do it again.

Tennessee played in the other championship series. In fact Oklahoma is the only non-SEC team to have reached the championship series in the past three years, so it's safe to say Pac dominance has ended.

The SEC's 11 teams in the tournament and 8 teams in the Super Regionals are records that will never be broken.

She is #8 in ERA @ 1.34 nationally and is the highest rated pitcher left in the Super Regionals. Ocasio is #40 and has a ERA of 1.99. Florida's team ERA of 1.73 is second best of teams left. Michigan has the #2 rated team ERA with an incredible 1.50

They run-ruled Kentucky today, so...

Wasn't a run rule, but it was a 2 hit, no run performance by Haeger.

Gators won in 7, 7-0.

Tennessee is up first.

If LSU can finish off Arizona (the tiggers won the first game), the Gators' entire bracket in OKC will be SEC teams (UT, Auburn, and LSU). Bama is already through in the other bracket, and Mizzou is still alive. 6 of the 8 in OKC may be SEC teams.

Reactions: 46885
5 games into the NCAA tournament, and the Gators have yet to give up a run.

SEC softball has supplanted the Pac 12 as the premier league for the sport. Pac 12 dominated for a long time and the tide started turning 6-7 years ago. Now the SEC has won 2 of the last 3 titles and looks primed to do it again. Hope our bats can get it going, as we're going to need to score more runs and get more clutch hits in the Supers and CWS than we achieved the last 2 weeks of the season and in the Regionals. And we have 5 quality freshmen coming in next year, including the 2 top rated high school players in the country, one of them a pitcher from Georgia.

I think that is safe to say...From Dooley: "The SEC only had five teams in WCWS through 2004. Has five this year and 33 overall."

Couldn't have played much better than that to start, without that one swing they keep the shutout streak going and that was their only hit. Gonna be interesting to see what either LSU or auburns bats can do against us, I know we can hit them. Auburn has some weaker pitching

Local newspaper today. Your girls sure look like the team to beat, although Michigan was surprising to me yesterday.

Fla2015a.jpg

To see Lauren Haeger do what she did is just amazing. Nobody since Babe Ruth has been in the 70-70 club. Just amazing that it was a softball player and amazing a Gator Player!!!!!

What a freaking game today against Auburn. I thought that was the World Series game IMHO. This is going to help boost UF tomorrow and Tuesday because I felt Auburn is a better team than both LSU and Michigan...Congrats to the Lady Gators, just finish it and do what you started...

What a game. Intense, hard-fought game that they win. Not an an easy win by any stretch. This is the type of game that will be good for them in the long run.

Last year's team, finished, I think, 4th in the SEC and got knocked out of the SEC tournament early. They caught fire in the NCAA tournament, everybody was hitting and Hannah Rogers pitched better than she had all year. This year's team had a target on its back all year, played a very difficult non-conference schedule and won them all, won the SEC regular season title and went to the NCAA tournament with the pressure and expectations of being the #1 seed. Even though they have everybody back from last year's team except Rogers and Stephanie Tofftt, this is a different team with different ladies stepping up as leaders and major contributors. But like last year, they are gritty, play smart, play great defense and are getting super pitching. We need to get a few more hits with runners in scoring position, and Michigan is a great team playing excellent ball right now. Should be a fun series to watch and it won't surprise me if it goes 3 games, but I think the Gators experience and confidence when the chips are down will carry the day.

It's encouraging to know that the Gators beat Michigan 2-1 at a tournament in Tampa on Feb 7, and beat them again (7-4) at the Judi Garman Classic in California on March 5.

Both teams have only 6 losses, but the Gators played a tougher schedule. The Gators have played a total of 14 games against teams who made it to OKC, and a total of 30 games against teams who reached the Super Regionals.

Reactions: 46885
Gators take Game 1 nail biter. Now just need to win 1 of next two for another championship.

What a finish, great win!...Unbelievable base running error on Mich, but we'll gladly take it

We got VERY Lucky to win that game, I hope everyone realizes that.... but it's another great example, actually the last two games are that it takes not only great teams but luck to win Championships

We are in the driver seat now but we are going to need someone else to do something in the lineup to finish them off

We got VERY Lucky to win that game, I hope everyone realizes that.... but it's another great example, actually the last two games are that it takes not only great teams but luck to win Championships

We are in the driver seat now but we are going to need someone else to do something in the lineup to finish them off

I couldn't disagree more. We jumped on them and stymied them for most of the game. They had one base running "error" (in the 7th) where the girl didn't go home when she should have, but that would have only tied the game and we still had the home half of the inning to score. We are now 3-0 against them this year.

I couldn't disagree more. We jumped on them and stymied them for most of the game. They had one base running "error" (in the 7th) where the girl didn't go home when she should have, but that would have only tied the game and we still had the home half of the inning to score. We are now 3-0 against them this year.

Yeah, I'm with you. We pretty much dominated that game up till late. If anybody had luck on their side it was Meatchiken when they scored their two runs.

This team isn't hitting like last year's team in the WCWS, but the pitching and defense have been awesome. And they've scored enough to win, which is all that matters. Feel sorry for Bailey Castro. She's been one of our best hitters the last 2 years, but for the last month has really been struggling. Hopefully, we can finish MEEchigan off tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT