ADVERTISEMENT

O line issues getting worse

I know mine have. I think we are looking at a 6-6 to 8-4 season depending on how the bounces go. Hopefully we can at least keep the KY winning streak going.

Originally posted by passoverGator:
Raise your hand if your expectations for this season have been drastically lowered.
Think how much worse things would be if Muschamp had ended up staying. What would our recruiting class consist of? What would be the outlook for this year and the near future? Just remember things could be much worse and would be if changes had not been made.

Sheesh. I came over to read something / anything positive.

I'm not going to let Muschamp ruin my summer as well as my fall. How are we doing with the cheer leading squad this year?Any new lookers?

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
Indeed we may, but it's early.

Who thought we would dominate UGA this year?

How about we wait until fall practice to condemn the season
A cogent 1:00 am post by Danny?

Damn son, you are slipping!

smile.r191677.gif

Every single offensive lineman from the class of 2013 is now gone.

This is made more unbelievable by the fact that we signed 4 offensive linemen in 2011-2012 total.

But at least "flipper" stole some guys from vandy and FAMU.

I don't think we win a single game in the SEC this year, we are absolutely f---ed

Originally posted by GSMBrefugee:
Every single offensive lineman from the class of 2013 is now gone.

This is made more unbelievable by the fact that we signed 4 offensive linemen in 2011-2012 total.

But at least "flipper" stole some guys from vandy and FAMU.

I don't think we win a single game in the SEC this year, we are absolutely f---ed
Take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard.

Well Johnson's career is over officially now I guess and many think Thurman won't be able to contribute with his issues. We are in big time trouble with our numbers. I can only think of one grad transfer out there from ND and he hasn't visited us and I think he will only play center and I am not sure if that has kept us from going after him.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
Okay, so counting incoming freshmen, what are our OL numbers for the fall now?
12 I believe. But the thing about depth is people generally just look at amount of bodies and that's so flawed. It isn't about numbers, it's about quality numbers. Look at our 06' d-line for example where we only went about 7 deep which really isn't that great a depth for a d-line, but all those guys played in the NFL so we were deep because we had quality up and down the line. If you have 15 guys who all suck then you don't have any depth.Not saying that's the case here though, just giving an example.

Originally posted by Gator Fever:
The problem is true freshman get abused on the O line in SEC play.
At tackle they can contribute a good amount. Our problem is we need help on the interior. Which means we're asking undersized dudes who blocked 240 lb. tackles in HS to come in and block future NFL defensive tackles who weigh 320 and have been in a strength program for three years. They're right in the middle of the action so you can't even hide them through scheme like you could a tackle. That's the most concerning part.

All this complaining and all I have to say is that in 2013 the"best AD in the country" made a declaration week 3 that CWM would return dor 2014 "regardless" and thankfully he stuck to it regardless of the implosion that ensued. We are the luckiest

Here is a current roster, not counting the remaining five coming in this fall. One true freshman enrolled in the winter. As you can see, we have 13 OL. But only six are scholarship players

6fobc0.jpg

So, we will have a total of 11 on a ship, consisting of 6 true freshman. Some of those practice squad guys will need to step up

Originally posted by Michi-Gator:

Raise your hand if your expectations for this season have been drastically lowered.
Anything less than 10-2 and we need to make sweeping changes
laugh.r191677.gif
I suggest you buy a LOT of brooms.

Fuchs will come back to offense and save us. I think even he was beating up on some of our starting linemen in the spring game.

Originally posted by Michi-Gator:

Anything less than 10-2 and we need to make sweeping changes
laugh.r191677.gif

If I was Grier or Treon I would transfer - there's no use in getting yourself killed behind such an absurdly weak OL. Whoever wins that QB battle .... I just feel sorry for.

If I was Grier or Treon I would transfer - there's no use in getting yourself killed behind such an absurdly weak OL. Whoever wins that QB battle .... I just feel sorry for.

I have a feeling if Grier is the starter he won't last long once the SEC schedule starts as he probably will take a beating. Even Harris with his style will have a hard time finishing the season without missing a game.

It all depends on the freshmen coming in, hopefully we have two that can get it together quickly to add some depth. If that happens we should be OK.

I have a feeling if Grier is the starter he won't last long once the SEC schedule starts as he probably will take a beating. Even Harris with his style will have a hard time finishing the season without missing a game.

Why? Because you incorrectly think he's a statue?

He is not a statue but he isn't that elusive either watching him and we may have a defensive rush situation coming at us similar to 2013 looking at our depth on the O line. We had one of our actual O line starters getting abused by some walk ons in the Spring game.

Yea it was just a spring game but it was pretty ugly. I didn't come away thinking either of those guys can lead us to 10 wins in the near future much less a conference or national title. I think the best bet is to surround both by so much talent they can't screw it up. But I didn't come away from that game too impressed with either. And that isn't all their fault either obviously. One of the plays Grier took a snap and the tackle was right in his lap 2 seconds later. He literally took the snap and had to immediately start rolling right. I just shook my head. Both will end up playing this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT