ADVERTISEMENT

New Basketball Coach thread

GatorGray

Bull Gator
Apr 3, 2002
So, according to multiple reports, Chris Mack of Xavier appears to currently be the front runner. Thoughts?

LINK

He's won games in the tournament 4 out of 6 years. He's all right. I'd be disappointed. There's not too many successful bald coaches. I don't think kids respect them. They probably mock them behind their back. I say this as a balding male, so I sympathize.

Reactions: GatorGray
He's won games in the tournament 4 out of 6 years. He's all right. I'd be disappointed. There's not too many successful bald coaches. I don't think kids respect them. They probably mock them behind their back. I say this as a balding male, so I sympathize.

Note the progressively receding hairline. I think you may have just hit on why we had a losing season last year.

bilde
tumblr_n6raijyirq1rk3flpo1_1280.jpg
Donovan.jpg

Boeheim is the only guy to pull it off, and look at what all he had to do to overcome it.

Looking at Xavier's records in the Big East, overall and conference, I have to say that I would not be happy with similar records in the SEC. He's usually a game or two over .500 in a pretty good league, with a win in the tournament or two thrown in. I don't like it. Also, his best teams were in his first two years with his predecessor's players.

I really hope we make Archie Miller say no.

I want Archie Miller or Michael White. I would be ok with Mack

I'd be okay with Michael White, but would really prefer Miller. I suppose White must know how to recruit Florida and the southeast. And, as Gray pointed out, rock solid hairline.

Sources: Louisiana Tech basketball coach Michael White emerges as Florida’s leading candidate

The 38-year-old White, son of Duke athletic director Kevin White, has done extensive recruiting in Florida as an assistant at Mississippi and as head coach at Louisiana Tech. Last season’s Tech team included five players from Florida on the roster.

Similar to the style Donovan first employed at Florida, White coaches a fast-paced style, which could be seen as an important selling point to a fickle Florida basketball fan base. Louisiana Tech has ranked in the top 50 in Ken Pomeroy’s tempo statistics the past three years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT