ADVERTISEMENT

Napier Coaching Staff

Paco,

Dec3, 2021
"...A head coach, nine assistant coaches, and four graduate assistants are all permitted to work with players on a daily basis under NCAA rules. Five strength and conditioning coaches are also disciplined by the NCAA."

Has this been changed ?

Once I blew it up enough to read, I saw your diagram showed 8 named assistant coaches with the remaining slots designated as
Co-DC/Inside LB and
Defensive Line.

Stupid Questions - hoping you can answer

Any thoughts on who fills these last two blank boxes for the on the field staff chart & when they show up?

Morris & Wilford listed as Quality Control - Defense; Reed as Quality Control - Defensive line.

What do they do ? Actual job description if known ?

According to NCAA they are not allowed to work with players on a daily basis or is this rule ignored ?

Why no quality control - Offense ?
EDIT
Head Coach Billy Napier has made another hire, this time Quality Control Coach - OL Cheston Blackshear
Dartmouth:
Recruiting Area: Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Texas (western), Utah, Washington, Wyoming.

Tempted to say that Cheston's recruiting area of little benefit to UF, but then I remembered some kid from Mitchell, S.D - Mike Miller; played some B'ball for Billy Donovan !

EDIT
Found this on the WEB; not sure how accurate it is, but everyone seems to be using the term "Quality Control Coach" & no one defines it so -

"...A quality control coach is a member of the coaching staff of a gridiron football team whose primary job is preparing the team for a game, beginning sometimes two or three weeks before the actual game. Their primary duties include preparing for the game by analyzing game film for statistical analysis."
"There are three different types of quality control teams: offensive, defensive, and special teams.
Offensive quality control will chart the upcoming teams' defense for various down and distance situations, field positions and how many times they use particular personnel groupings. Defensive quality control will do similar analysis of the offense. Special teams quality control will figure out what players are used in various special situations such as kickoff and punt."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_control_coach

This makes me want to compare & contrast quality control coach vs analyst ! LOL

Last edited:
Paco,

Dec3, 2021
"...A head coach, nine assistant coaches, and four graduate assistants are all permitted to work with players on a daily basis under NCAA rules. Five strength and conditioning coaches are also disciplined by the NCAA."

Has this been changed ?

Once I blew it up enough to read, I saw your diagram showed 8 named assistant coaches with the remaining slots designated as
Co-DC/Inside LB and
Defensive Line.

Stupid Questions - hoping you can answer

Any thoughts on who fills these blank boxes on staff chart & when they show up?

Morris & Wilford listed as Quality Control - Defense; Reed as Quality Control - Defensive line.

What do they do ? Actual job description if known ?

According to NCAA they are not allowed to work with players on a daily basis or is this rule ignored ?

Why no quality control - Offense ?
EDIT
Head Coach Billy Napier has made another hire, this time Quality Control Coach - OL Cheston Blackshear
Dartmouth:
Recruiting Area: Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Texas (western), Utah, Washington, Wyoming.

Tempted to say that Cheston's recruiting area of little benefit to UF, but then I remembered some kid from Mitchell, S.D - Mike Miller !

EDIT
Found this on the WEB; not sure how accurate it is, but everyone seems to be using the term "Quality Control Coach" & no one defines it so -

"...A quality control coach is a member of the coaching staff of a gridiron football team whose primary job is preparing the team for a game, beginning sometimes two or three weeks before the actual game. Their primary duties include preparing for the game by analyzing game film for statistical analysis."
"There are three different types of quality control teams: offensive, defensive, and special teams.
Offensive quality control will chart the upcoming teams' defense for various down and distance situations, field positions and how many times they use particular personnel groupings. Defensive quality control will do similar analysis of the offense. Special teams quality control will figure out what players are used in various special situations such as kickoff and punt."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_control_coach

This makes me want to compare & contrast quality control coach vs analyst ! LOL
Damn I can see why we are so far behind.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
It sounds like Napier is just making up titles now LOL but essentially this is an off the field staff STs coach.

Lol oh ok... I wasn't sure what that meant, I thought maybe passing game coordinator with a flare at first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT