ADVERTISEMENT

Most experts would take Mariota

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Been watching a lot of sports on T.V. and some sport radio listening and I would say the majority of those who played NFL football are saying they would take Mariota over Winston. That being said, when asked who'd the Bucs will pick that answer is Winston. One of them said something very true in that most of the best NFL QB's are and always have been very mature. He said that right now Jameis is not very mature. I don't think any of you noles can disagree with that. One NFL executive even went to compare JW to Jamarcus Russell. Jimbo Fisher was his coach also. It's strange how all the people saying to take Winston just dismiss his 18 INT's last year. I just wonder how he will do playing behind one of the worse OL's in the NFL? The defenses in the NFL are a little more complex than JW saw in the ACC.

I am a Bucs fan since we moved here in 1976. Had season tickets since 1998. Went to the 1979 Championship game and also lived through the lean years. This pick could make or break the next 5-10
years of the team. I would pick Marcus Mariota for many reasons of which we could fight about forever.
That being said, the Bucs are going to pick Winston. JW better hope the next pick is a OL. I just hope
that Winston doesn't have the BB gun friends, his Publix friends, his FSU table friends latch onto him
once he is a millionaire.

Personally, I think Winston should go somewhere in the 3rd round and spend a season or two on the bench, learning the system, studying under a solid QB and coach while simultaneously maturing. ...but that's just me.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Mariota is dynamic. I like his style of play a ton. The concern I have with him in the NFL is a large part of his success in college was due to his legs. RGIII had the same type of success. I would just be worried that Mariota is bound to get lit up too much when he takes off like RG has. Regardless of who Tampa takes, Winston or Mariota, they need major help up front. For that reason I think whoever the QB is he will struggle.

CHICAGO—With prospective players undergoing a final round of interviews and visits ahead of this week’s NFL Draft, sources revealed Wednesday that teams have been totally blown away by the ability of Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston to tell them exactly what they want to hear. “All of the GMs and coaches who talked to him were incredibly impressed after seeing Jameis so skillfully deliver the precise pandering answers they’d hoped for about maturing as a person and focusing solely on football,” said ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay, adding that the 21-year-old was “calm, composed, and totally in his element” while detailing his commitment to staying out of trouble and being a responsible team member. “He’s just such a natural at hitting every one of the generic, meaningless lines of rhetoric about personal growth, putting his past indiscretions behind him, and working hard to become the best quarterback in the league. It’s precisely what coaches were looking for.” McShay added that while Winston is still very young, there is widespread optimism around the league that he will easily transition to playing down his glaring character issues in the pros.

LINK: Jameis Winston Wows Teams With Ability To Tell Them Exactly What They Want To Hear

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ja...n=LinkPreview:1:Default&recirc=fantasy-sports

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Winston is just like the Eddy Hascal of Leave it to Beaver. Full of shit and everyone knows it. The sad part is there is a good chance he sexually assaulted a female. Douche Bag scale he's a solid 9

tremendous talent but utterly stupid and childish. Refused to do the right thing on numerous occasions. Would not make him the face of my franchise due to criminal/thug actions in his past.

Let's say Mariota is off the board. Who, then, do you take? If you're an owner, what QB do you take from this class, if not Winston?

Listen, everyone gets why its almost certain he is the #1 pick in about an hour, that is the easy part. The hard part apparently you guys won't take your face out of his jock long enough to see why so many don't want that to happen. You seem to have a few moments of honesty from time to time, but I have yet to see you acknowledge any legitimacy to other side of jamie. Clue for you, there is a LOT more to it than just being a rival or biased reporters.....can you figure it out????

"Sal Pal is reporting that Bucs aren't giving up the number 1 pick and it's between Eagles and Bears (!) for the number 2 pick."

Been watching a lot of sports on T.V. and some sport radio listening and I would say the majority of those who played NFL football are saying they would take Mariota over Winston. That being said, when asked who'd the Bucs will pick that answer is Winston. One of them said something very true in that most of the best NFL QB's are and always have been very mature. He said that right now Jameis is not very mature. I don't think any of you noles can disagree with that. One NFL executive even went to compare JW to Jamarcus Russell. Jimbo Fisher was his coach also. It's strange how all the people saying to take Winston just dismiss his 18 INT's last year. I just wonder how he will do playing behind one of the worse OL's in the NFL? The defenses in the NFL are a little more complex than JW saw in the ACC.

What "experts" have been stating they would pick Marcus Mariota over Jameis? I just heard Trent Dilfer say on pre Draft coverage that Jameis is by far better prepared for the NFL because of the offense he played in at FSU vs Mariota and the system he was in at Oregon. To your point about NFL defenses are "a little more complex than JW saw in the ACC", how do you compare PAC12 defenses to those in the NFL?

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Winston is just like the Eddy Hascal of Leave it to Beaver. Full of shit and everyone knows it. The sad part is there is a good chance he sexually assaulted a female. Douche Bag scale he's a solid 9

Making love to a woman is not dooshy.

Listen, everyone gets why its almost certain he is the #1 pick in about an hour, that is the easy part. The hard part apparently you guys won't take your face out of his jock long enough to see why so many don't want that to happen. You seem to have a few moments of honesty from time to time, but I have yet to see you acknowledge any legitimacy to other side of jamie. Clue for you, there is a LOT more to it than just being a rival or biased reporters.....can you figure it out????

Look, I'm a Bucs fan, so I'm stoked they took a Nole. BUT, as I stated before, I would like him to hold a clipboard for a while...learn the system, stay out of trouble and prove he can be the guy even when he isn't the guy. He really does need to mature...as does anyone entering the draft at that age. I think he has a brilliant mind when it comes to the game (as does anyone who has spent time with him), I just want him to be the total package.

It's funny, before the rape allegations, his demeanor, swagger and charisma is what everyone loved about him. After the allegations the same attitude was perceived as narcissistic, arrogant and entitled. I wonder how things would have gone down had he never met Erica that night.

Crab legs memes would be the height of it, I'm guessing.

before the rape allegations, his demeanor, swagger and charisma is what everyone loved about him

Again, that is only from your fsu perspective....you still refuse to see anything beyond the nole side of things. But it's not surprising at all, it is quite typical.

You seem to have a few moments of honesty from time to time...

p.s.
That's because I'm usually just sling'n crap to see if it sticks. In regards to Jaimes, the only time I'm usually honest is in regards to the sexual assault and that really doesn't mean I believe Jaimes...I just don't believe Erica. Most of the other crap he's pulled, while relatively harmless, was stupid and completely avoidable. You just don't act like that in the spot light.

/honesty

Again, that is only from your fsu perspective....you still refuse to see anything beyond the nole side of things. But it's not surprising at all, it is quite typical.

Actually, that's not true. Even you guys were posting positively about him in 2013...the media was all over his Clemson locker-room speech, friends of mine (both UF and UM) had nothing but great things to say. "Man, you guys got lucky with that Winston kid." He's a baller." etc. etc.

The world is bigger than the message boards.

1. Mariotta is like RGIII but where is RGIII today, bruised and hurt and knees are already bad.
2. JW is a better pick but if the Bucs does not fix the OL JW is nothing. The reason why New England can do stuff on their Offense is because of the OL. New England can take somebody like Cadilac Williams and make a WR out of him with the OL he has.

Your open minded approach is noted. Thank you.

I wonder how things would have gone down had he never met Erica that night.

Crab legs memes would be the height of it, I'm guessing.

Kind of hard to avoid someone who basically chases you down and forcibly throws herself into the taxi with you. Oh yeah, I forgot, this board believes she was kidnapped or was dragged into the cab in front of hundreds of witnesses.

I was just kidding about him getting fatter already but he's already posting pics of himself getting fatter

CD4SDKSUIAA5LM2.jpg
bc347b0c714bdaa72500a4922d8d6b2b4a1eb5c4fe812e9171e21986558125b3.jpg

Your open minded approach is noted. Thank you.
nolies definition of open-minded on jamie equals bow down before him and declare him the brightest and most talented player with an impeccable character. Go do that crap on your board.

He's a MAJOR DUMB ASS. The picture with the crab legs shows he just doesn't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, how times does an "expert" a have to be WRONG until they lose their expert status? If these guys were really that good they would be employed by the NFL to make picks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT