ADVERTISEMENT

Mac's HUGE get

Actually this is a very good pickup. Mac and the staff are doing work. I believe our Oline numbers have doubled since Mac and staff have been hired. More good news coming soon

Reactions: Michi-Gator
I hope recruits are watching as this shows a lack of loyalty to current roster holders. :/ I know, I know. First year coach versus an established, successful coach. Trend.

I hope recruits are watching as this shows a lack of loyalty to current roster holders. :/ I know, I know. First year coach versus an established, successful coach. Trend.

Lol, only problem QB is one position on the field while the OL is 5 minimum. Recruits are watching to see that we are now able to field a team of linemen and possibly finally have at least one substitute.

Tennessee, my comment was sarcastic and directed at Paco as he had a heart attack over the Golson signing both on this site and on our 247 site. I understand the need to load up on OL.

Tennessee, my comment was sarcastic and directed at Paco as he had a heart attack over the Golson signing both on this site and on our 247 site. I understand the need to load up on OL.

Not sure why people freaked out over looking at transfer QBs. One of our TWO will transfer after next year, QB is another hole Mac has to climb out of. I have yet to get the impression he is in love with any QB we currently have.

If we can get our hands on even one OL who can just give us some quality minutes this year, we need to jump on it. Chump has left us so far in the hole with his mismanagement of the OL its going to be really tough for the Offense this year.

Speaking of Chump, I was watching the SECN documentary on Spurrier that had an interview with Muschamp in which he said that Spurrier's accomplishments "would probably never be repeated" at UF. This is while he was still coach. He may be correct, but that's a bad attitude for the head coach to have.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Bradley, was that the show with Kenny Chesney? If so that program was further proof of why Spurrier is good for college football. Love his style. Always have. Meyer on the other hand is a total douche. I think many here will even agree with that?!

Reactions: 2blades

I knew what you were referring to. I didn't agree with his post at all but for his argument...FSU has a roster of QBs. One is even experienced. Jimbo recruited those QBs. QB is one position. Florida is low on OL, OL is 5 positions and at times 6 positions. McElwain didn't recruit most of those OL. But I have no idea why I am arguing on Paco' s behalf when I didn't agree with him on that particular subject. Lol.

Yeah that was the one. Great show. I'm sure everyone on here has seen it. Kind of depressing to see the contrast between the team then and now.

Bradley, was that the show with Kenny Chesney? If so that program was further proof of why Spurrier is good for college football. Love his style. Always have. Meyer on the other hand is a total douche. I think many here will even agree with that?!

I will gladly take another douche who wins 2 national titles and a Heisman in 6 years and beats the bajeezus out of our rivals on the recruiting trail and on the field like Urban did. I could not possibly CARE LESS what his personality is like. He could be the biggest d-bag in the whole world and I would be just fine with it.

I would take that over a great guy who won half as many titles in twice as long and lost to our primary rivals more often than not.

Just win baby.

From a winning standpoint I understand. The guy was a flat out liar though. Mystery illness. Nowhere he'd rather be than UF. Family over football.

I think there's a fair amount of overlap between successful football coaches and d-bags. D-bag and unsuccessful is a bad combination.

From a winning standpoint I understand. The guy was a flat out liar though. Mystery illness. Nowhere he'd rather be than UF. Family over football.

He was a flake no doubt.

Almost all the great coaches have been huge A-holes or had at the very least some major A-hole tendencies. Does anybody think Bear Bryant or Vince Lombardi were nice guys?

Meyer is one of the GOAT. So is Spurrier. Neither one of them are overly friendly and both weren't that approachable.

Yeah, I get it, if you understood why I posted that and where I posted that then it should make sense to you. This forum was dead and I was fishing. How many views did it get?

Last edited:
He was previously committed to Old Dominion before Mac was able to steal him away from their clutches. Dude is doing work. He's got Fordham pedigree too.

I think he may end up starting after seeing how some of our O linemen played against walk ons in the Spring game. I think he can hold his own since he is a mature player and not a true freshman.

Lack of loyalty? What does that even mean? Why should the coach have any loyalty to any players. If you're the best player then you play. First year, second year, 5th year senior. Period!

BTW since when did bringing in new players have anything to do with 'lack of loyalty' to existing players? :rolleyes:

I hope your joking around, if not you have got the award for dumbest post on our new site. You don't know nothing about recruiting if your serious.

I think Mets post has a hidden meaning....he was responding sarcastically in kind to earlier posts criticizing Jimbo for bringing in Golson.

Actually this is a very good pickup. Mac and the staff are doing work. I believe our Oline numbers have doubled since Mac and staff have been hired. More good news coming soon
Off of the heels of the Muscrat disaster...Coach Mac and his staff are pulling magic tricks out of their hat. It is what it is but I'm happy to see these guys making moves and getting some depth on the O Line. You don't want to have to bring over a bunch of Juco guys but since the O Line has been so neglected over the last few years I think that the staff are doing an awesome job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT