ADVERTISEMENT

KY game thread...

This game also felt like the UK coaches and players prepped for this very game during the offseason as if last night was marked on their calendar all year.
Uhhh it was. This game was their superbowl of the season. Other than UGLY, they face no big time programs the entire year. No reason they shouldn't end up 10-2 in the regular season. Misery, South Carolina, Arkansas, Vandy? Those teams are going to get thrashed by UK. Tennessee should just forfeit the game right now to save themselves the embarrassment, as they should forfeit the rest of their season for the sake of the SEC's embarrassment. Only team on there other than UGLY that they should lose to is next wee with mississippi State. Nobody else with a pulse is left on their schedule, so the entire offseason was built around this one game with Florida.

Yea being undefeated is the only positive right now. We’ve played some terrible ball. But it’s better than a loss.
It seems most are forgetting the fact that UK only got 140 yards rushing AT home against us. That with an arguably better offensive line this year than last. Last year they had 303 yards on us in our home.

What I pull away from this is that we have a potentially better run defense this year than last. Something that we will need desperately to compete against jortgia. They are living on their running game right now since Froom doesn't have any receivers to throw to, so we need to be able to stop their running game, or slow it down to have a shot to beat them. I'm feeling better about that with how we are shutting the run down against opposing teams.

Does anyone have any updates on Jabari Zuniga who went down in the 1st quarter of the game and was on the sidelines with a bag of ice on his ankle for the rest of the game?

It seems most are forgetting the fact that UK only got 140 yards rushing AT home against us. That with an arguably better offensive line this year than last. Last year they had 303 yards on us in our home.

What I pull away from this is that we have a potentially better run defense this year than last. Something that we will need desperately to compete against jortgia. They are living on their running game right now since Froom doesn't have any receivers to throw to, so we need to be able to stop their running game, or slow it down to have a shot to beat them. I'm feeling better about that with how we are shutting the run down against opposing teams.

Does anyone have any updates on Jabari Zuniga who went down in the 1st quarter of the game and was on the sidelines with a bag of ice on his ankle for the rest of the game?

I'm much more concerned about Grantham than I am the personnel. Once healthy we'll be fine, we had a lot of guys out and contained them well enough. But his gameplan for las night sucked. We're playing a first time starter and he was content to sit out there in a soft zone with big cushions and let him dink and dunk his way up the field. Maddening. That QB didn't have to make a tough throw until the 4th quarter and barely even then.

I saw that. I wouldn't have bothered personally. Their fanbase is the worst.
I didn't respond to that but I did think it was ironic that Greasy had been gushing over the pancake block by the UK O lineman on our nosetackle when they slowed it down on the telecast and had him just tackling our guy to the ground and flopping on top of him.

If that's a legal play for UK to do without a flag, why is it supposed to be a flag when Florida takes one of their defensive linemen to the ground?

And I'm not whining that we needed even MORE flags in this game, its just on the UK board they seemed very irate. They felt we weren't getting flagged for holding but the general consensus seems to be that we held on each and every play, even during halftime. It was pointed out to them that we had 2 TD's called back for holding calls and also that none of their holding was called all night, and they didn't care one bit.

Ironic as I saw the refs doing everything in their power to hand the game to UK for 3 straight quarters, and they viewed the refs from a completely different angle. It's just strange. All I know is we got no favoritism at all on that field with how many pass interference and holding calls they tossed our way all night.

Sawyer Smith. He RS’ed as a freshman at Troy, got his Bachelors in three years, and has this year and next year to play at UK as a grad transfer.
I thought so. I knew I read where one of you guys mentioned he graduated from Troy. I knew the ESPN folks touched on it.

I've read a post or two here where our fans are writing along the lines that our defense sucks because he let such a young QB pass on us.

I guess they failed to research or pay attention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT