ADVERTISEMENT

Keanu Neal says 3 freshman standing out so far

Deathroll

Baby Gator
Apr 6, 2013
I'm glad to hear a WR and an OL are among them.

Florida safety Keanu Neal performed his first live broadcast on Periscope on Tuesday and took a brief Q&A from his followers.

Here are some of the football-related highlights he hit on.

On freshmen that have impressed:

"The receiver, (Antonio) Callaway, he's going to be real special for us. We got CeCe Jefferson, who is doing really well. (Richerd) Desir-Jones, who is going to step up and be a legit player for us."

On the offensive line:

"The offensive line is looking really good. It's a lot of young guys doing well."

Favorite color jersey:

"The orange jerseys with blue pants."

The CB opposite Vernon Hargreaves III:

"I couldn't tell you. We got a lot of talent out there, and it's up for grabs."

Is Antonio Callaway the best receiver?

"I wouldn't say he's the best, but he's up there. He's up there. He's really stepping up really well."

Is Duke Dawson stepping up?

"Yeah, he's stepping up. He's taking the role of being a leader, and he's doing what he's supposed to be doing right now."

Someone tells Neal 'Roll Tide':

"No, you can't say 'Roll Tide' on my Periscope. Okay? So from here on out, don't say 'Roll Tide,' don't say 'Fear the Spear' or anything like that. It's 'Go Gators!' It's all 'Go Gators!'"

On coach McElwain:

"He's a great coach. He's doing really well with us. He's a player's coach in my opinion. He really cares about us. He really cares about what we do on and off the field, and that's really important."

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Keanu-Neal-says-three-freshmen-standing-out-38437275

Antonio Callaway is the one to watch. OL is the biggest concern on the team until they prove otherwise on the field.

Glad to see Calloway doing good so far, I was hoping he'd take over as our #2 at some point. Robinson, Powell, and Calloway would be a nice trio.

Interesting, mentions Desir-Jones from the freshmen OL, but no mention of Ivey? Coach Mac even mentioned Ivey by name a few weeks ago. I guess that's good though, we're going to need a few freshmen OL to step up for depth purposes.

Ivey should be good to go from Day 1. Tackle isn't really that hard of a transition provided you have the athleticism, which he does in spades. I'm much more worried about the interior guys trying to block 320 lb. defensive tackles, it rarely works out and that's where we need the most help.

Ivey should be good to go from Day 1. Tackle isn't really that hard of a transition provided you have the athleticism, which he does in spades. I'm much more worried about the interior guys trying to block 320 lb. defensive tackles, it rarely works out and that's where we need the most help.

This issue with Ivey is going to be in pass protection. Apopka doesn't throw the ball too much. He's never had to pass protect in his high school career. That is going to be an adjustment for him going against SEC DEs.

For sure. The good thing though is he's so athletic he'll be able to recover from most of his mistakes.

Well, as a few of our posters would tell you... We won't ever be throwing the football so he still won't have to worry about it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT