ADVERTISEMENT

JC Jackson armed robbery

just saw this about ten minutes ago...

......................................football players are becoming the dumbest humans on earth

Unbelievable. I always said I would take a few misdemeanors for great success but I draw the line at major felonies. How could this kid with that much talent be this foolish. Well at least Tabor has shown he is the real deal so we should be alright there.

Can't be serious. This dude had the world at his feet and he participates in an armed robbery? SMDH.

How are we supposed to compete at the highest level when our police partners refuse to look the other way? It's ridiculous.

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
How are we supposed to compete at the highest level when our police partners refuse to look the other way? It's ridiculous.
Huntley will get this cleared up.

Some dang pocket change,an Xbox, and some weak Mary Jane? All this valued under $500 and you basically gave up a free education and living a dream for that?

If this had happened in Tallahassee to an FSU guy we wouldn't even know about it for several months and by then it would all be resolved behind the scenes. Seriously, If the allegations are true the kid should be off the team and out of school. You can't fix STUPID!!

Originally posted by ocalaman:
If this had happened in Tallahassee to an FSU guy we wouldn't even know about it for several months and by then it would all be resolved behind the scenes. Seriously, If the allegations are true the kid should be off the team and out of school. You can't fix STUPID!!

And yet we get rid of our best player Greg Reid b/c he loved him some weed.

Originally posted by Dr. Nole:

True or False:

1. The cops went to the establishment where contact was made between the alleged victim and Winston to view security tapes in a reasonable amount of time from the complaint.
2. The cops looked for an involved party named Chris based on the description from the victim.
3. The cops searched for taxi records and followed up on any questions to the taxi company that went unanswered....in an effort to find out the identity of the alleged assailant.
4. When the cops learned of the identity of the alleged assailant, they attempted to contact him in a reasonable amount of time.
5. When the cops learned of the identity of the alleged assailant, they followed routine procedure to question him.
6. When the cops learned of the identity of the alleged assailant, they attempted to obtain a DNA sample...without saying 'nah let's not do that....it will generate too much publicity'.
7. The cops suspended the "investigation" because the alleged victim was uncooperative (this one is tricky).
8. The cops let the alleged victim know that they stopped pursuing the case.

This post was edited on 4/19 3:24 PM by 46885

Well, ocalaman, that is not the way it works. If a FELONY is committed, it is not "(a ) off the team and (b)"out of school." It is (a)"do not pass go and STAY in jail (not making the necessary $15,000. bail out). For his sake, I truly hope that somehow he was NOT involved. The Tallahassee reference was, shall we say, ill-timed. This may be the time to be a little humble. But again, one has to hope the best of people until they sort this out. For his sake, you hope that he is not involved...more important than football.

Originally posted by Nolez29:
Numbers, this thread is about JC Jackson. Who are you talking about?
Huntley Johnson, apparently.

indifferent.r191677.gif

btw oozie, I finally got Bomani Jones to respond about his double standard racism on twitter.. Im getting mauled by a legion of thousands of Obama voters

Originally posted by TennesseeGator:
Some dang pocket change,an Xbox, and some weak Mary Jane? All this valued under $500 and you basically gave up a free education and living a dream for that?
Sounds like they thought they wouldn't call the cops due to drugs being there also. Why else would you even try something like that when the people know you.

Say goodbye to him. Let him go to places like Tennessee where this stuff is expected. We aren't in THAT bad a need of players that we can let this pass, especially if CJM wants to set a standard for his players from the start fresh out of the gate.

Sure I know we give him due process, but this one seems pretty cut and dry.

Originally posted by 46885:
btw oozie, I finally got Bomani Jones to respond about his double standard racism on twitter.. Im getting mauled by a legion of thousands of Obama voters
roll.r191677.gif

That dude is a clown, and very sensitive. I'd surprised he didn't lash out and block you or something. That's usually the go-to for sensitive people on social media, it's why I'm not on any.

I take no glee from this whatsoever. We all recruit the same kids. This could happen to any fan base.

I'm just sorry the kid made such a poor decision, but glad noone fired that handgun that was allegedly pressed against one of the victims' face.

To your point, he had offers from 11 different programs, including Florida. In fact, he had offers from three different ACC programs, including FSU.

This post was edited on 4/20 4:11 PM by MJWilliamson

Who knew. Cause it's relevant.

Originally posted by Nolez29:

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
Huntley will get this cleared up.
He may be better off contacting Karlos William's lawyer. He has more experience clearing up similar incidents.

Originally posted by goldmom:
Who knew. Cause it's relevant.
That's interesting. Seems to me one of your favorite responses to Gators commenting about Winston and the rape allegations was to attack Huntley Johnson and Bill Cervone. You and Ocalaman share the tactic, so lose the attitude.

These kids have it the ability to do so much good with their life and throw it all away. They don't even realize the steps that have led them up to these kinds of actions...actions that they can never get to do over again. Very sad.

Well in talking with someone at work today, he mentioned the words of Jackson's high school coach on the matter. "I would expect this of him, but I'm not surprised." That pretty much gives me a clue about the situation and we're better off letting this one go elsewhere if he manages to avoid prison.

It almost seems some of these players need basic education on how to be an adult in society these days, maybe that should be mandatory freshman classes for these kids as so many come from broken homes. How to brush your teeth, how to pay your bills, how to get a drivers license. It sounds silly, but they do this stuff in the military because MANY of the recruits never had seen a dentist in their life till boot camp and many don't know basic sanitation and the things we take for granted. Then again maybe this is the wrong spot for this but I'm rather sick and tired of seeing kids with winning lottery tickets at a free education at the very LEAST, throw it all away cause they lack common sense decision making skills and can't let the thug life go.

Don't hang JC so fast. From his attorney:

“I think that the evidence is going to show that not only did he not participate in a robbery, if there was one, I don’t know,” Brown said. “But that he didn't have knowledge of any robbery or intention. So not only did he not intend to participate, he did not even unwittingly participate. He didn't walk into that apartment with two other people.”

---
“God willing we get this worked out for him and he can rejoin the team,” Brown said. “That would be all for naught if he let his grades go down the tubes in the meantime. He’s got to take care of that.”

You never know but if they don't locate those 2 other guys he might get this charge dropped. I am skeptical that attorney has enough to make the state drop the charge within a few months if they don't find the 2 other suspects however.

Last edited:
How about instead of constantly bitching about each others schools we just accept that every single school get a certain percentage of bad apples. It has happened, will continue to happen and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

How about instead of constantly bitching about each others schools we just accept that every single school get a certain percentage of bad apples. It has happened, will continue to happen and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

It is not that every school has bad apples. Of course every school will have players breaking the law, most top schools recruit the same high level prep stars, especially schools from the same state. It is how each school handles the discipline on the players who get into trouble.

Reactions: grommit

Not if he swiped tens of dollars worth of seafood. That crap doesn't fly in Tally brother.

Not if he swiped tens of dollars worth of seafood. That crap doesn't fly in Tally brother.
Apparently it does. What consequences did Rapist#5 ever suffer from CrabGate? He was made fun of in the media and his university looked like a fool. He was ordered to serve 20 hours of community service which was commuted to zero hours, and was prohibited by the school from participating in any further baseball games for the 2013 season until he completed said 0 hours of community service. That was his punishment for seafoodfest2013. Not sure how that didn't fly in Tally. Nothing happened in Tally either when the cops were called on him by a burger king manager because he was stealing soda and refused to stop when they told him to. Nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT