ADVERTISEMENT

It's Time FSU

Ya, it's crazy we're pitted against one another...would have been a really neat stat if Florida's "Big 3" made it to the CWS.
You guys did that to yourself by losing your last five regular season games. Three of them at home against a pretty bad Clemson team. The team that just fired their HC for under performing.

Yep. This series is not one sided this year. Igloos nice stats show that. The games should be electric.

Ya, it's crazy we're pitted against one another...would have been a really neat stat if Florida's "Big 3" made it to the CWS.
You guys did that to yourself by losing your last five regular season games. Three of them at home against a pretty bad Clemson team. The team that just fired their HC for under performing.

I agree...didn't see that 5-game losing streak coming; although I think this team has over-achieved this season. We'll have to see if #11 has any more Pixie Dust left in his bag. It be nice if the most successful (or at least consistent) baseball program in NCAA history could bring the dadgum title home.

It be nice if the most successful (or at least consistent) baseball program in NCAA history could bring the dadgum title home.

Oh dear. FSU is nowhere near the most successful, or even the most consistent baseball program. Yes, I am aware that FSU has the NCAA record for consecutive NCAA tournament appearances.. But they also hold the record for under performing once they get there. Especially if they get as far the the CWS.

Oh dear. FSU is nowhere near the most successful, or even the most consistent baseball program. Yes, I am aware that FSU has the NCAA record for consecutive NCAA tournament appearances.. But they also hold the record for under performing once they get there. Especially if they get as far the the CWS.

Seriously, MJ? I'll concede that UF has an amazing athletic department...dominant in a myriad of sports; especially the last few years. But to not acknowledge that FSU sets the standard in College Baseball is being dishonest. If you define success and consistency only by CWS titles, then yes FSU is #1 at underachievement. However, I know that isn't true based on your responses in this thread. You are very proud of your team and its accomplishments (7 Super Regionals, etc...)

1. FSU has had more 50 win seasons, hosted more NCAA Tournaments, and finished in the top 10 more than any team in the nation
2. FSU has made the postseason 38 years in a row
3. FSU has hosted more Super Regional Tournaments than any team in the nation
4. FSU has the most postseason wins of all-time
5. FSU set the record for the most National Seed selections (10) of all-time
6. FSU has NEVER had a losing season in its history. There is no other team at any level of college baseball that has never had a losing season
7. FSU has had 88 All-Americans
8. FSU has had 41 players inducted into the Hall of Fame
9. FSU has had 61 players that went on to play Major League Baseball
10. FSU has appeared in the NCAA Tournament 53 times, advancing to the College World Series 21 times

baseball_zpssjnmksen.jpg

Seriously, MJ? I'll concede that UF has an amazing athletic department...dominant in a myriad of sports; especially the last few years. But to not acknowledge that FSU doesn't set the standard in College Baseball is being dishonest.

No, it is opinion. And the opinion is based on how one defines "set(ting) the standard in College Baseball.

Titles are not the only measure. But they are the most important measure. CWS appearances might be another. Here is a list of programs I think can be considered to be more successful, and accomplished, than FSU;

2n9c007.jpg

Now, maybe we can argue about the program beneath Miami. Because the only measure where FSU can be even remotely included in that group are CWS appearances. At 21.

And for all those appearances, FSU does not even register here;

2cqzgas.jpg

But this measure is damning.

35beesw.jpg

fsu - the best REGULAR Season team in the NCAAs. Unfortunately, that is not how greatness is measured.

FSU is a top 5 baseball program. Probably number give due to no NCAA titles but it's easily the most consistent.

FSU is a top 5 baseball program. Probably number give due to no NCAA titles but it's easily the most consistent.
Not.Even.Close

At best, I would put FSU at nine or ten. At best.

Here is one way to think about it. Of all the accomplishments FSU has earned, and admittedly there are many, and many of them are impressive, which ones would FSU fans give up for just one National Title? Just one?

Or think of it another way. One baseball program that I consider more accomplished and ranked overall higher than FSU is USCe. They have 2 NCs, back to back. They have 11 CWS appearances. And they are in the top ten in CWS wins. Go over to their board and ask them to swap one or two of those NCs for some of FSU's accomplishments. See what their reaction might be..

Last edited:
We lost 5 in a row to end the season. We got what we deserved. That said how sweet will it be to knock your rivals out of the playoffs.

We lost 5 in a row to end the season. We got what we deserved. That said how sweet will it be to knock your rivals out of the playoffs.

I'm curious, how are you going to knock our rivals out of the playoffs?
As long as fsu has #11 coaching them in the post season it is advantage UF.

4-0 good guys. Martin seems to have conceded this game. Not going to the pen with Boomer struggling

With his 16th HR, Schwarz is one shy of the freshman record set by Austin Maddox in 2010.

And now we are ahead 8-0. Getting deep into the FSU bullpen. That will play dividends tomorrow.

Wow third baseman took a pop fly a little leaguer would catch off the forehead. Yikes. These guys won the ACC tourney? 4 errors and 4 hits?

Reactions: GatorGray
Nine errors for the noles in 15 innings in Gainesville this year, five of which came from 3B position.

ADVERTISEMENT