ADVERTISEMENT

It's Time FSU

Originally posted by PJD3883:
Originally posted by sconole:

Originally posted by GatorGray:

Originally posted by domgator:
FSU pitching was better last night. Gators pitching has been struggling for last couple of weeks and needs to get straightened out soon. Rubber game in Tally in a couple of weeks.
They threw a senior and O'Sully put a frosh on the mound. He look good in the first couple of innings, but then couldn't ind the strike zone...and neither could the rest of our bull pen for that matter.
a senior that had an ERA over 5 coming into the game...amazing what FSU can accomplish when they don't kick the ball all over the field
Plus he's a senior that's never had a w/e start and lost his job as this year's weekday starter after the first 3 weeks.

His first start he lasted 3 innings and lost the game to JU.
His second start he lasted 4 inn vs JU (No decision)
His third start he went 2.2 innings vs UCF (no decision)

He probably got the start last night because our w/e series this week begins on Thursday @NC St, and we had to
protect our other arms.

We just needed to pitch him against somebody that can't hit.
Letting it fly suddenly. Weird that he never posted before, including during the FIVE game UF winning streak.

Originally posted by passoverGator:

Odd...There were no posts tonight.

I think I know why.
Odd....this is your first post in this thread. I think we know why.
On this board.

MJ and I talk about baseball all the time on another board

Originally posted by sconole:

Originally posted by GatorGray:

FSU pitching was better last night. Gators pitching has been struggling for last couple of weeks and needs to get straightened out soon. Rubber game in Tally in a couple of weeks.
They threw a senior and O'Sully put a frosh on the mound. He look good in the first couple of innings, but then couldn't ind the strike zone...and neither could the rest of our bull pen for that matter.
a senior that had an ERA over 5 coming into the game...amazing what FSU can accomplish when they don't kick the ball all over the field

We just needed to pitch him against somebody that can't hit.
Cute. You snap a 5 game losing streak against us and now you've got a boner lasting longer than 5 hours.

Well, we play the rubber match in Tallahassee on Tuesday. Florida comes in on a 4 game winning streak, having scored double digit runs in each of those wins. FSU is currently on a 4 game losing streak, scoring a cumulative total of 4 runs and getting shut-out in one.

Baseball can be a strange game. UF couldn't buy a hit against Missouri last weekend and scores 60 runs in 4 games this week. Last week FSU made a big jump in the polls and UF fell after losing 3 out of 4 that week. Now FSU loses 4 in a row and UF wins 4 in a row. Doesn't get any easier for FSU with series against Miami and Louisville coming up.

Baseball can be a strange game. UF couldn't buy a hit against Missouri last weekend and scores 60 runs in 4 games this week. Last week FSU made a big jump in the polls and UF fell after losing 3 out of 4 that week. Now FSU loses 4 in a row and UF wins 4 in a row. Doesn't get any easier for FSU with series against Miami and Louisville coming up.
We need to keep their losing streak intact.

Going to the 12th inning knotted up at 3. First time a game between the two has gone beyond 11 innings.

This post was edited on 4/14 10:05 PM by GatorGray

Originally posted by MJWilliamson:
Well, we play the rubber match in Tallahassee on Tuesday. Florida comes in on a 4 game winning streak, having scored double digit runs in each of those wins. FSU is currently on a 4 game losing streak, scoring a cumulative total of 4 runs and getting shut-out in one.
Thank goodness this stat was irrelevant.
wink.r191677.gif

it's still relevant

we all know we weren't trying on a Tuesday. Who plays college baseball on a Tuesday? I call for strike

Originally posted by 46885:
it's still relevant

we all know we weren't trying on a Tuesday. Who plays college baseball on a Tuesday? I call for strike
i know you're joking, but this series has lost something since it has become 3 random games in March and April with mostly the same pitchers for every game. Your one guy had our number last year and we found a guy this year. Blah...Miami in a week and a half.

Who knew we would meet again?

Welcome to Gainesville, FSU. Come on in, the water is fine.

The teams have played three times so far, but all mid-week games. I honestly don't know what to expect.

I read where the two teams have scored the same number of runs this season. Weird.

i know you're joking, but this series has lost something since it has become 3 random games in March and April with mostly the same pitchers for every game. Your one guy had our number last year and we found a guy this year. Blah...Miami in a week and a half.

Well, it's about to mean something REAL QUICKLY!.

Strength of Schedule (SOS)
Records include games against Division I opponents only.
Opponents Wins and Losses do not include games against the team in question.

#3 Florida State
#5 Florida
#8 Miami (FL)

LINK

Rating Percentage Index (RPI)
Records include games against Division I opponents only.

#1 Miami (FL)
#2 Florida
#4 Florida State

LINK

Last edited:
Who knew we would meet again?

Welcome to Gainesville, FSU. Come on in, the water is fine.

FSU's pitcher's are going to have their hands full with the UF's bats. Those batting averages you all have are sick. FSU has had some timely hitting this off season with good enough pitching. UF seems to be the favorite, but baseball is a funny game,,,

Any baseball series between teams with similar talent is pretty much a coin flip. Gators get the edge, because they hit much better at home, particularly Bader, who I hope we keep at the top of the lineup. You are right that the lineup is solid up and down, and Schwarz is just a superstar siting in the middle of it. Our defense is spectacular, and we have two big time starters. But like you say, it is baseball, and FSU has plenty of guys who can beat you.

Should be a monster series. Our guys really deserve a trip to Omaha with the season they've had. Hope it happens for them.

Pretty happy with our season. I think FSU over achieved this season winning the ACC and making it to the Supers. One of Martin's better jobs he has done but I expect the run to end. Home field is huge in the Supers and UF is a little better top to bottom.

Any baseball series between teams with similar talent is pretty much a coin flip. Gators get the edge, because they hit much better at home, particularly Bader, who I hope we keep at the top of the lineup. You are right that the lineup is solid up and down, and Schwarz is just a superstar siting in the middle of it. Our defense is spectacular, and we have two big time starters. But like you say, it is baseball, and FSU has plenty of guys who can beat you.

Should be a monster series. Our guys really deserve a trip to Omaha with the season they've had. Hope it happens for them.

FSU's defense has been a weak point this year. The team has also been a bit streaky. We are in the midst of a post season hot streak of seven in a row, but had lost five a row to end the regular season. All conference games that included Clemson(3) and Louisville(2). FSU is a 'box of chocolates' this year for sure,,,

Pretty happy with our season. I think FSU over achieved this season winning the ACC and making it to the Supers. One of Martin's better jobs he has done but I expect the run to end. Home field is huge in the Supers and UF is a little better top to bottom.

I think that I agree with you, but honestly I don't know. I'll repeat what I said above that the previous three games don't really tell us much. None of the pitchers that started any of those three games will start this weekend. Might not even see them at all save for a few innings of middle relief. Since pitching is such a large part of baseball it leaves me wondering.

FSU's pitcher's are going to have their hands full with the UF's bats. Those batting averages you all have are sick. FSU has had some timely hitting this off season with good enough pitching. UF seems to be the favorite, but baseball is a funny game,,,
Yep. This series is not one sided this year. Igloos nice stats show that. The games should be electric.

The last really good starter we faced was LSU. We only scored 2, but should have had more. We had plenty of guys on base. We have been streaky on offense, but I'm hopeful that our current hot streak is more a product of the young guys maturing. Rivera, Reed and Vasquez are really tough outs now. Alonso has been good since he got back, but I think he's got another gear we haven't seen yet this year. Schwarz has gone from very good to nuclear and Bader has hit all year at home.

The good thing is that we're good in low scoring games, because of our speed on the bases and our bullpen. Plus these kids are tough minded.

Florida State holds a 127-105-1 (.547) advantage in the all-time series, while Florida has a 55-47 (.539) edge in Gainesville.

Head coach Kevin O’Sullivan is 13-15 (.464) against Florida State, 7-1 (.875) in Gainesville, 4-5 (.444) in Tallahassee and 2-9 (.182) at neutral sites.

Florida State holds a 127-105-1 (.547) advantage in the all-time series, while Florida has a 55-47 (.539) edge in Gainesville.

Head coach Kevin O’Sullivan is 13-15 (.464) against Florida State, 7-1 (.875) in Gainesville, 4-5 (.444) in Tallahassee and 2-9 (.182) at neutral sites.

Daunting task.

FLORIDA IN SUPER REGIONALS

The Gators earned their seventh Super Regional berth in school history and the fifth under Kevin O’Sullivan. UF is 8-5 (.615) and has claimed four titles in Supers.

2004 - lost to Miami (FL), 2-0
2005 - defeated Florida State, 2-0
2009 - lost to Southern Miss, 2-0
2010 - defeated Miami (FL), 2-0
2011 - defeated Mississippi State, 2-1
2012 - defeated NC State, 2-0

The Gators have won 10 of the 14 previous NCAA Tournament meetings in the series but Florida State has won the last two meetings – both in elimination games in 2008 (Tallahassee Regional) and 2010 (CWS). Competition has been close between these two schools during the postseason as 10 of the 14 previous meetings have been decided by four runs or less.

PROTECTING THE HOUSE

Florida is 43-12 (.782) on its own turf during NCAA play. Head coach Kevin O’Sullivan is 21-5 (.808) in NCAA play at home, 15-2 (.882) in Regionals and 6-3 (.667) in Super Regionals.

SHORE DRAWS THE START IN GAME ONE FOR FLORIDA

Sophomore Logan Shore will be on the mound for the hosts in the series opener with FSU. The right-hander will be making his team-best 17th start and is 8-6 with a 2.64 ERA. He has registered 69 strikeouts in a team-leading 95.1 innings. In his last outing, Shore threw five dominant innings in the 19-0 win over Florida A&M, allowing just a pair of singles.

Looks like FSU will start Boomer Biegalski, 2.80 ERA with a 7-4. He has played in 17 games and started 16. Mike Compton is apparently the game two starter. He has 3.30 ERA, is 4-3 and has started and played in 12 games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT