ADVERTISEMENT

It's Time FSU

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
GATORS AND SEMINOLES MEET FOR FIRST OF THREE GAMES IN SUNSHINE SHOWDOWN

No. 3 Florida (18-3, 2-1 SEC) hosts No. 11 Florida State (17-4, 5-1 ACC) for the first of three meetings in 2015. Both teams enter the matchup after starting the season hot in non-conference play. The Gators have won four-straight against the Seminoles after sweeping three games in 2014 and outscoring FSU 15-2.

We can discuss whether or not midweek games count tomorrow
wink.r191677.gif

Looks like interest in FSU baseball has really fallen. I can't find discussion about the game tonight anywhere on any FSU boards.

Originally posted by BayAreaGator:

Looks like interest in FSU baseball has really fallen. I can't find discussion about the game tonight anywhere on any FSU boards.
irony

There is a discussion on gatorcountry. That is and has been the place for baseball discussion. Where can I go to find fsu talk about tonight's game?

Originally posted by GatorGray:

Originally posted by ZZ1059:

Originally posted by JD Gator:
Originally posted by Dr. Nole:

rolleye0011.r191677.gif
When I was in high school there was another high school that sold tickets to their soccer alumni game. Well, the Pinellas County rule was that if you sold tickets you had to count the game in your record. So, even with as good as they were, they usually lost to the Alumni and started 0-1 almost every year.

Originally posted by JD Gator:
Originally posted by Dr. Nole:

rolleye0011.r191677.gif
When I was in high school there was another high school that sold tickets to their soccer alumni game. Well, the Pinellas County rule was that if you sold tickets you had to count the game in your record. So, even with as good as they were, they usually lost to the Alumni and started 0-1 almost every year.
So if we lose, we give a refund...if we win, we charge double!

Both teams look sharp this year. FSU might be slightly better in the power hitting department, but Florida has a better/deeper pitching staff.

Game 1. Check

Somebody keep an eye on FSU 3B Busby. After his performance at 3B, he may need to be on suicide watch.

After the way you guys helped us win in football & hoops, I was expecting you to balk in the winning run for us.

What an awesome game. For the first time in a while, we've got some freshmen that just show up to campus raking. Nice to see the bats win one for us.

Nice work to Sully on that steal home. I've never seen that play before.

Can't sweep them if you don't win the first game.

I think this makes five games in a row against FSU

Richie Martin is the kid who stole home. Great kid, great family. Like to see him do well.

Always good to beat FSU especially since they consider themselves a baseball school but not sure how excited I would be over this win. FSU is not very good. No pitching and one of the poorest defensive teams in all of college baseball. They do not seem to have a very high baseball IQ either falling for the trick play and catcher throwing into centerfield after ball four to the batter. The 4 freshman we had in the lineup ripped their pitching staff. Imagine if we had our normal starters Reed, Alonso and Puk in there to hit. I think that is 5 in a row and 8 or 9 out of the last 10 versus them. We are at whole other level then they are right now.

I think FSU will get a Super Regional again this year.

They have excellent hitting, decent pitching. They do not play defense all that well.

FSU will not make a Super Regional. They didn't last year with a much better team. They may host a Regional but that remains too be seen. They have been terrible on the road losing 4 of 5 and they play Virginia, Miami and NC State on the road coming up. Most likely will lose a high percentage of those games. If they lose 2 of 3 to Virgina this weekend they will most likely be unranked starting next week.

Originally posted by domgator:
FSU will not make a Super Regional. They didn't last year with a much better team. They may host a Regional but that remains too be seen. They have been terrible on the road losing 4 of 5 and they play Virginia, Miami and NC State on the road coming up. Most likely will lose a high percentage of those games. If they lose 2 of 3 to Virgina this weekend they will most likely be unranked starting next week.
I have to agree. Our hitting, pitching, and defense are all decent, but definitely not super regional material. This team will have overachieved if it makes it out of a regional.

Originally posted by MJWilliamson:
I think FSU will get a Super Regional again this year.

They have excellent hitting, decent pitching. They do not play defense all that well.
Which is a complete opposite for Mike Martin team. The fact that they cannot field a their position states that Martin has changed his training style from fundamentals to power hitting. We are not a program that can change identities that easily. this obviously is outside his comfort zone, and I got that feeling after talking to him at a booster event.

The fact that our team is lacking fundamentals is an issue for him, however power pitching and power hitting with metrics is the game now. I still cringe every time I see one of our players square to bunt.

Say what you will but my father and Mike Martin were in the same A ball league together, so I know his background.

This post was edited on 3/20 5:51 PM by ZZ1059

Originally posted by PJD3883:

Odd...There were no posts tonight.

I think I know why.
For one, I was at the game. But the mid-week games don't count this time of the season, so all is good.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

FSU pitching was better last night. Gators pitching has been struggling for last couple of weeks and needs to get straightened out soon. Rubber game in Tally in a couple of weeks.

Nice thing about baseball and basketball is that individual rivalry games are more enjoyable because they aren't season-killing affairs.

FSU pitching was better last night. Gators pitching has been struggling for last couple of weeks and needs to get straightened out soon. Rubber game in Tally in a couple of weeks.
They threw a senior and O'Sully put a frosh on the mound. He look good in the first couple of innings, but then couldn't ind the strike zone...and neither could the rest of our bull pen for that matter.

They threw a senior and O'Sully put a frosh on the mound. He look good in the first couple of innings, but then couldn't ind the strike zone...and neither could the rest of our bull pen for that matter.
a senior that had an ERA over 5 coming into the game...amazing what FSU can accomplish when they don't kick the ball all over the field

Originally posted by sconole:

a senior that had an ERA over 5 coming into the game...amazing what FSU can accomplish when they don't kick the ball all over the field
Plus he's a senior that's never had a w/e start and lost his job as this year's weekday starter after the first 3 weeks.

His first start he lasted 3 innings and lost the game to JU.
His second start he lasted 4 inn vs JU (No decision)
His third start he went 2.2 innings vs UCF (no decision)

He probably got the start last night because our w/e series this week begins on Thursday @NC St, and we had to
protect our other arms.

We just needed to pitch him against somebody that can't hit.

Originally posted by PJD3883:

Odd...There were no posts tonight.

I think I know why.
Oh Really?

I started the thread. I was out hunting yesterday.

As I mentioned on the other board, congrats.

This post was edited on 4/1 7:28 PM by MJWilliamson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT