ADVERTISEMENT

How many fans did the Bucs lose?

JBGator

Bull Gator
Oct 13, 2001
Besides me. The MRSA Lawrence Tynes deal was a bad enough screw job to their players. Now they support a known rapist and thief (etc), thumbing their nose at their fans. Nolies spare me the lecture about being found innocent - what courts find is only what they find, not proof of anything. Police refusing to investigate properly and Felon State intentionally not fulfilling their Title IX responsibilities for their own misguided interests do not exactly cleanly exonerate anyone.

Been a year/couple since I've been here last (again). Wanted to make sure I remove the Bucs as my NFL team (WTH happened to the format here, my profile info disappeared). Helps resolve my split fan loyalty, all in with my birth city Eagles. Chip Kelly's moves may make no sense but at least he gives a chance to a choir boy rather than a criminole thug.

I can get where you are coming from and the legitimacy of your question.

Another ? the Bucs probably asked themselves is how many fans will we gain?

Congrats on your guy going #3, that's big time

So you're going with the team that had Mark Sanchez as their leading passer last year. Makes sense.

I'm sure they thought about whether they'd gain Nole fans. Many Noles are Bucs already, I don't think they'll get as many new Nole (or other Winston supporter) fans as they'll lose. I was a Buc before a Gator, being a non-native.

Gville and Tally have both been through enough over the years along those lines. Other places too. Just need to get our priorities straight - this isn't about smack talk. People aren't disposable property, we can't support/associate with that, can't let tacit institutional support of that go on.

I saw that Charlie Ward was trying to help screw JW's head back on right, not sure I saw JW was receptive. I don't see the character from JW that I saw from Derrick Brooks, just comparing a couple Noles.

Thanks about Fowler. He is the real deal, unlike some others we had that left early. There's Gators that make it to the NFL that I'm not sure about how they'll do, but I have no doubt about him. JW's character aside, I'm not so sure he's such a slam dunk the media is making him out to be, not that I'm rooting for him to fail on the field. Thinking of an article I read today on a multitude of college hero QBs that flamed out in the NFL - Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Rick Mirer, etc.

I'm sure they thought about whether they'd gain Nole fans. Many Noles are Bucs already, I don't think they'll get as many new Nole (or other Winston supporter) fans as they'll lose. I was a Buc before a Gator, being a non-native.

Gville and Tally have both been through enough over the years along those lines. Other places too. Just need to get our priorities straight - this isn't about smack talk. People aren't disposable property, we can't support/associate with that, can't let tacit institutional support of that go on.

I saw that Charlie Ward was trying to help screw JW's head back on right, not sure I saw JW was receptive. I don't see the character from JW that I saw from Derrick Brooks, just comparing a couple Noles.

Thanks about Fowler. He is the real deal, unlike some others we had that left early. There's Gators that make it to the NFL that I'm not sure about how they'll do, but I have no doubt about him. JW's character aside, I'm not so sure he's such a slam dunk the media is making him out to be, not that I'm rooting for him to fail on the field. Thinking of an article I read today on a multitude of college hero QBs that flamed out in the NFL - Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Rick Mirer, etc.

Yep, you got some valid points. I guess time will tell.
Congrats again on DJ Humphries at 17
The state of FL is putting up some good numbers

Besides me. The MRSA Lawrence Tynes deal was a bad enough screw job to their players. Now they support a known rapist and thief (etc), thumbing their nose at their fans. Nolies spare me the lecture about being found innocent - what courts find is only what they find, not proof of anything. Police refusing to investigate properly and Felon State intentionally not fulfilling their Title IX responsibilities for their own misguided interests do not exactly cleanly exonerate anyone.

Been a year/couple since I've been here last (again). Wanted to make sure I remove the Bucs as my NFL team (WTH happened to the format here, my profile info disappeared). Helps resolve my split fan loyalty, all in with my birth city Eagles. Chip Kelly's moves may make no sense but at least he gives a chance to a choir boy rather than a criminole thug.

JB! Now we don't KNOW for sure that he's a rapist we only know they fell all over themselves trying to cover up for him. ;)

Anyway, fans are fans. If he throws TD passes, they won't care if he molests collies, he will be their hero.

Gator Buc fans aren't going to leave in masses. You guys are being hypersensitive right now. I screamed my ass off for #22 when he was drafted by Dallas. #88 too.

Anyone that believes Erica Kinsman has got some screws loose. Her story changed so many times and her account is so ridiculous. Nothing she said added up nor did her friend ever return the detective's calls either.

Winston was dumb and immature but he was not a rapist. Too many females make up garbage and it is considered the gospel. Look at the Brian Banks situation.

Anyone that believes Erica Kinsman has got some screws loose. Her story changed so many times and her account is so ridiculous. Nothing she said added up nor did her friend ever return the detective's calls either.

Winston was dumb and immature but he was not a rapist. Too many females make up garbage and it is considered the gospel. Look at the Brian Banks situation.

Standing ovation.

We will never know a lot about her credibility in this case, because TPD failed to investigate -- it's that simple.

Reactions: G8RMark
And STILL the noles deflect and defend and say we don't like him because of rivalry. BULLSPIT. I cheered my butt for Brooks, Sapp, and Dunn....but I won't cheer for this creep.

I am sure Jameis and Tampa Bay will survive with out you. Oh and by the way....you are not "found innocent" You are innocent until proven guilty and if you end up in court...the finding is either guilty or non guilty. All your whining isn't going to change the fact that JW does NOT have a criminal record at all.

And STILL the noles deflect and defend and say we don't like him because of rivalry. BULLSPIT. I cheered my butt for Brooks, Sapp, and Dunn....but I won't cheer for this creep.

Doubt it. Winston to gators is a representation of their subconscious disdain for the lack of success lately, and the comeback of the Florida Stae program.

I don't get it at all! The hater starts off by calling JW a "known racist?" Not known, cleared!! But that doesn't matter to haters.

By the way, there will be PLENTY of fans waiting to by tickets given up by gators, no one needs to worry their pretty little heads about that! ;-)

There will be PLENTY of fans waiting to buy tickets given up by gators. No one needs to worry their pretty little heads about that! ;)

Hey, I heard Winston was investigated several times for that rape allegation, and never charged. Any truth to that? o_O What is with you guys? Haters gonna hate!!

Yup, that's all you have, its all "hate" by rival fins....give me a freakin break. I loved Brooks, Sapp, and Dunn, but jamie is a creep, and he would be a creep no matter team he came from.

We will never know a lot about her credibility in this case, because TPD failed to investigate -- it's that simple.

Well...she gave three different accounts as to what happened that night. So...if we can't judge her credibility based on three conflicting stories, what is it we would be looking for in a "good" investigation to make her "credible"? We would need to have three different scenarios of that evening, each occurring at the same time, so that each of her versions could be accurate. Three simultaneous universes. Alternate universe theory wasn't investigated. Stupid TPD. :)

Reactions: alaskanseminole
You don't KNOW that (unless you were there). The girl is obviously a dingbat but it doesn't mean she wasn't assaulted.

I can buy that. Again, let me restate I don't think she was assaulted because of her account, not his. Maybe the two deserved each other that night.

As for being a Bucs fan, this changes nothing...I'm no more or less a fan. I won't be buying a JW jersey as I'm with some of the others on here in that I'm a bigger fan of players like Brooks. My 55 Jersery will still serve its purpose.

In a perfect world, Erica will come forward one day, admit she was lying and Winston will grow up, be a successful NFL QB and more importantly a positive role model and productive member of society.

noles always want us to see jamie the way they do....but what would it take for them to see him the way we do? I mean it would have to take a LOT after the years of nonstop deflection and excuse making.

Well...she gave FOUR different accounts as to what happened that night. So...if we can't judge her credibility based on three conflicting stories, what is it we would be looking for in a "good" investigation to make her "credible"? We would need to have three different scenarios of that evening, each occurring at the same time, so that each of her versions could be accurate. Three simultaneous universes. Alternate universe theory wasn't investigated. Stupid TPD. :)

Had to FIFY. She added a fourth version for Judge Harding...by saying she was basically taken at force from Pot Bellys. So, if she's a liar and Jameis is a liar, who does a jury believe? Maybe they assaulted each other.

In Cornwell's 30 min interview he brings up a good point that the media continues to gloss over. Not only did she hop on his scooter (likely with her arms wrapped around his waist), her first TWO cell communications were about finding her ID card and getting answers to a Spanish test. She NEVER called 911. Jenna did after Erica lied to her friend and told her she was hit over the head at a party and then raped. She told Bri Henry the same thing. I think where the rival aspect comes in (IMO), is that not many who aren't "Noles" will take the time to really read through the hundreds of pages of documents regarding the case. They only tune in to what the media reports...like the Duke case (which turned out to be wrong also). It's not that Noles just give JW a pass (which sadly some do), it's that they are invested by affiliation to dig deeper. Take Hernandez for instance. I've read NOTHING other than what the media feeds me.

I've never understood why so many people (media especially) don't scrutinize her account more. It's like, "Oh, Jameis is a crab-stealing, vulgarity shouting, ego-maniac who has entitlement issues. He MUST be a rapist." People can suck and not be a rapist.

LINK: Fair or Foul

LINK: Is the New York Times Smearing Jameis Winston?

Last edited:
noles always want us to see jamie the way they do....but what would it take for them to see him the way we do? I mean it would have to take a LOT after the years of nonstop deflection and excuse making.

Can I see your perspective AND still not think he raped a woman? If you can buy that perspective, I'm on board. I'm also wanting him to turn his life around, grow up and stay out of trouble. I would hope you would want the same. Heck, Randy Moss was an arrogant knuckle-head too and he seemed to turn it around.

Calling Jameis a known rapist is nothing more than slander. He was never even charged. In contrast, calling Aaron Hernandez a known murderer would be very accurate. Glass houses....

Calling Jameis a known rapist is nothing more than slander. He was never even charged. In contrast, calling Aaron Hernandez a known murderer would be very accurate. Glass houses....

The problem with that comparison is no one in either fan base is denying that Hernandez is a murderer.

Remind me again....sorry I have a bad memory, but what crime was JW charged with? Just checking cause I must have missed something here, you said he's a "known" rapist?

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting...the rest of the world outside of noledom is the real bad guy in all this...he is just a victim, a nice sweet boy with unprecedented talent and character...see ya all at one of the many Super Bowls he is bound to win in between Noble Peace Prizes. Hooray! Peace in the middle east and cancer is cured!

Reactions: cnewz
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting...the rest of the world outside of noledom is the real bad guy in all this...he is just a victim, a nice sweet boy with unprecedented talent and character...see ya all at one of the many Super Bowls he is bound to win in between Noble Peace Prizes. Hooray! Peace in the middle east and cancer is cured!

We are all just racists according to tomahawk nation.

The problem with that comparison is no one in either fan base is denying that Hernandez is a murderer.

I find it ridiculous that a lot of you Gators are not going to support the Bucs based solely on the fact they selected JW. Your OWN coach (UM) and AD (Foley) selected Hernandez who had "known" thug qualities while in high school, plus obviously there was a lot of events during his tenure with the Gators that only came out after he was arrested for murder (coverup anyone)....the restaurant waiter that even Tim Tebow couldn't prevent the attack on, etc. etc.
Like it or not, JW has not been convicted of rape in spite of the fact that many of you Gator fans have repeatedly expressed that he is a "known" rapist. Yet, Hernandez has been convicted of murder and is now accused of being a serial killer. Hey, we all live in glass houses, however you guys always seem to have a pile of rocks ready to throw @ a moment's notice.

Players generally have a short career and "pass through" teams, so why not just wait it out and still support the team of your choice.

Please, should be really easy, list all of the Gator fans here who support, defend, excuse and otherwise defend Hernandez and his actions????

How many fans did the Bucs lose?
Considering their average attendance the last few years has been slightly north of the attendance at yesterday's Os-Chisox game, and somewhere south of the typical gathering at a 'Canes home game against Wake Forest, I'd guess the answer to your original question is "very few."

Reactions: GatorGray
Yawn. The NFL scrutinized Jameis far more and with far better info than message board posters, and picked him #1 with untold millions at stake. How easily Jameis trolled the haters with that pic. Take your Bucs tix and go home.... And stay salty too

Bottom line on Jameis: whether he's a rapist or not or a thief or not, he's a POS. Everybody knows it. He confirms it every word out of his mouth and instagram picture he posts. You want to root for a guy like that, more power to you. I'm glad I don't.

Eagles Season Ticket Holder, don't ever claim you're an Eagles fan or any connection to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT