ADVERTISEMENT

Had knee surgery this morning......

Rushie

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2002
....I think the anesthesiologist referred to the sedative as "purple fall". Whatever it was, I was out in about 3 minutes after it was put in IV. That was by far the best nap I've had in years!:D

....I think the anesthesiologist referred to the sedative as "purple fall". Whatever it was, I was out in about 3 minutes after it was put in IV. That was by far the best nap I've had in years!:D
3 minutes seems like a long time to me. I had a kidney stone blasted with sound waves and they put me under....seemed like I was out in seconds and woke up seconds later....weird feeling.

3 minutes seems like a long time to me. I had a kidney stone blasted with sound waves and they put me under....seemed like I was out in seconds and woke up seconds later....weird feeling.
I may have overestimated. Was wheeled into surgery room right afterward. No sooner got in there and ceiling tiles seemed to be moving. And you're right about seeming to wake up not long after. But it came on fast and went deep. I've felt pretty refreshed all day!

I had eye surgery recently. They give you something to relax you but you see and feel stuff. :eek: Colonoscopy anesthesia is much better. One minute your carrying on a conversation, the next minute you wake up and it's over.

I had eye surgery recently. They give you something to relax you but you see and feel stuff. :eek:
I did not realize until I was at surgery center that I was going to be put completely under. I figured if they can do things like C-sections, etc. with an epidural or nerve block why not this? When the anesthesiologist said I'd be put under, I said it was just as well as I'd probably pass out anyway.

Nothing to the procedure. Taking enough laxative for a small army is the worst part.
tumblr_m2kfdwi9NA1qjvmoro1_500.gif

My neighbor once had her late husband watch the footage so he could see her head really was not up there.

Reactions: passoverGator
I've had one already. Between the indignity of sharting yourself all night before the procedure you get a camera shoved up your poophole. Like I said, I'd rather die of colon cancer.

Yes, much better to die of cancer than suffer the "indignity" of the procedure...

Hey, some of us don't have that much to live for, and put a high price on their dignity.

Way to not recognize a tongue in cheek remark. How the hell did you get through med school?

2bxg2g.jpg

Then I apologize...In my defense I deal with cancer patients every day who really do feel the way you do in your "tongue in cheek" remark.
You can put your finger back now where you had it...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT