ADVERTISEMENT

Guide to UK-Florida game - Sept 30

ghost_of_ukalum1988

Rowdy Reptile
Jan 7, 2022
Greetings,

I come in peace (as I usually do LOL) to offer some resources and information on Game Day parking and other information for any of you who are coming up (a few may be coming "down" LOL) for the UK-Florida game on Sept 30.

If you're planning on serious tailgating, you pretty much need to be parked in one of the official permit-parking areas.

Here's a link to the map of the stadium with color-coded permit parking locations around the stadium:

(I tried pasting the image but it wouldn't let me - or I couldn't figure out how to do it.... o_O )

Otherwise, you will need to park off-site and schlepp your way to a tailgate or directly to the stadium.

One option is to take the Lextran Shuttle. Here's a link for more information:

One route leaves from the parking lot south of Rupp Arena - a good option if you're staying downtown or north of town. The other route is much shorter and leaves from a shopping center parking lot near the KSR Grill (a well-known, popular hangout) - a good option if you're coming into town from the south or west.

There are a few places you can park on campus for free:

Oftentimes, I park in Parking Structure #2 just west of the main UK library. (#2 on the map) Plan on getting there early if you want a spot - at least 3 hours prior to KO. From there you can tour campus to kill time or head to your tailgate, etc. From there it's about a 15-20 minute walk to the stadium.

Pro Tip: If you chose to try Parking Structure #2 or the UK Medical Center (#3 on the map), you'll need to approach these spaces from Huguelet Drive or University Drive. You used to be able to be able to come in from Woodland Ave (not shown on this map), but they changed it this year, and pre-game traffic on Woodland is now limited to the shuttle busses from Rupp Arena, emergency vehicles, etc. I found this out the hard way on the first game of the season; a major fiasco that almost made me miss the opening KO.

Private paid parking is also an option, mostly on Nicholasville Road west and south of the stadium. There is also limited paid parking on side streets close to Woodland Avenue. Generally you can count on a minimum of $20 and up to $40 for locations just west of the stadium.

I am by no means an expert on all things Lexington, but if you have questions about hotel / restaurant recommendations etc I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick
This should be a good game and let us know if we can have a good 8-4 season or not. I kind of wish we caught you guys before Leary got 4 warm up games to get comfortable there.

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT