ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread - UF vs Michigan

Good game guys the gator defense was plenty tough and disruptive in the first half at least. The D kept it close enough for you guys to put a couple drives together and win. They'll settle in. Good luck this season in the always tough SEC.
Go Gators!
Go Blue!

Good game and congrats to Michigan!
Ready or not, I am glad that these two teams got together for a regular season game.

Good luck to both teams in their respective conferences.

Note to mcelwain. Don't sign up to play in these big games in the future. You aren't a major college coach that plays in elite matchups and your offense for the third year is the laughing stock of college football.

Offensive line and play calling are still the glaring weakness on this team, IMO. Plus I think the defensive front is not as stout as past ones. But I'm very disappointed in the o-line play after all the offseason hype. Experience doesn't necessarily make you better - just older.

You guys have a ton of talent on D and made life very tough on Speight. My prediction is once you get back your troubled players you'll see much of the ship aright. May not reach 9 wins, but you guys certainly have athletic ability. Two pick sixes are not a fluke

Its time to protest outside BHGS and demand an offense now!!! We are NOT Orlando Magic fans and we don't have to put up with this CRAP!!!

Reactions: Gator Fever
You guys have a ton of talent on D and made life very tough on Speight. My prediction is once you get back your troubled players you'll see much of the ship aright. May not reach 9 wins, but you guys certainly have athletic ability. Two pick sixes are not a fluke

I am impressed with how Jim Harbaugh has managed to rebuild this Michigan team. Michigan fans are lucky to have such a creative, offensive-minded coach that makes the game fun for everyone. I think that is something that Florida & Michigan fans have (had) in common when a former school's star quarterback (i.e, SOS) comes back to their alma mater & revives their football program. Michigan may or may not win championships with Harbaugh but it should be very fun for everyone to see if he can.

Regarding the two int's, I thought that the 2nd one maybe should not have happened when Michigan was deep in their territory. Harbaugh could be too aggressive when things don't always go to his team's way. Back to back interceptions that are returned for a touchdown is something that you don't see everyday.

The aggressive play-calling by Harbaugh may be one of his weaknesses & strengths. It may have been safer to just play it conservative and punt the ball away and let their defense get the ball back again. That's what another former UF coach would have done who is now coaching with your main rivals' football team. ;)

As for Florida's offense and McElwain, it's back to the drawing board for the Gators. Zaire was not an answer for UF who got harrased by Michigan's defense & lost the football in the end-zone for the Wolverine's final points. For Florida, it's probably better in the long run to try to develop rsFr Feipe Franks at quarterback and also to start Thompson at running back.

Go Gators!

Last edited:
Reactions: _Michifan_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT