ADVERTISEMENT

Gainesville Florida....Title Town

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
There is a reason that coaches clamor to come to UF. And why we should and often do get the best athletes in most sports.

XOPWDVn.png

Reactions: CT Gator
I won't be surprised if we don't add 2 more this year, I'm betting on at least one (Men's T & F)

Fire Foley! /MichiNole

No just get him assitant who knows how to run the sport that pays for all these others. He can continue to run the non-revenue and Title IX sports, just remove him from all contact with the football program. But yes, please continue to use rowing asan excuse for taking Florida football to its three decade low, genius

Reactions: Deathroll
But yes, please continue to use rowing AS AN excuse for taking Florida football to its three decade low, genius

Did the one missed space bar make a huge difference Gramps?

What does rowing have to do with anything, youngster?

If you wish to shit all over a thread, try and make a point that is lucid and remotely accurate. Otherwise you and your cohorts come across as idiots.

What does rowing have to do with anything, youngster?

If you wish to shit all over a thread, try and make a point that is lucid and remotely accurate. Otherwise you and your cohorts come across as idiots.

The point is this:

Our AD has made decisions that have brought UF football to its lowest point in 3 decades.

But somehow that is OK because we win at Title IX sports.

Reactions: Deathroll
The point is this:

Our AD has made decisions that have brought UF football to its lowest point in 3 decades.

But somehow that is OK because we win at Title IX sports.

Hyperbole gonna hyperbolic. No one said it was OK Michigan.

Everyone understands that Foley made a horrible hire with Muschamp. And most of us don't care if you don't GAF about sports not named football.

But don't come crap all over our threads. You are getting increasingly BONG-like in your insistence to turn everything into Foley bashing. You are becoming a tiresome youngster. Only us old farts have the right to be that cranky.

If we win a baseball title too and make history these foley threads are going to get hilarious

Winning in minor sports is all well and good but let's be honest.....few people watch or care. Any even casual glance at attendance figures or television ratings (if they're even on television) amply demonstrates this. Most Gators would rather win a national title in football than in every single other minor sport and the vote wouldn't even be close.

Its not just that Foley hired Chump, its also that he stuck with him a year after it was patently obvious he'd failed - an extra year that clearly hurt the program. On top of that he spent $20 million to add Women's lacrosse - a sport few will watch or care about - yet at the same time UF's facilities in the sports most do care about ie Football and Men's basketball and even Baseball have clearly fallen behind those of our competitors.

This has hurt recruiting by all accounts. Given that UF has had one of the most profitable athletic departments in the country for many years, it makes many of us wonder where the money has gone and why we need to spend so much on gold plated facilities for money losing sports while allowing our facilities in football and men's basketball to fall behind.

Foley is the best AD in the business. Hand down. For all the people that criticize Foley can you name an AD that is better? Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, USC, Michigan, etc are all big time universities that bring in lots of revenue. I don't think they do as well as UFs athletic program. All those above schools have struggled in football at one time or another as well. Just because your a big time school doesn't mean you are exempt from having down years in football/basketball, etc.

Reactions: fphingators
Foley is the best AD in the business. Hand down. For all the people that criticize Foley can you name an AD that is better? Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, USC, Michigan, etc are all big time universities that bring in lots of revenue. I don't think they do as well as UFs athletic program. All those above schools have struggled in football at one time or another as well. Just because your a big time school doesn't mean you are exempt from having down years in football/basketball, etc.

You are wrong here Paco. Michigan just fired an AD after 4 years soley based on football. Softball has a National title and unprecedented success under him. He hired the basketball coach that resurrected Michigan basketball. They have numerous other non-revenue and Title IX successes under his watch, but he mismanaged football and was replaced.

Fact: Foley was left in a tough spot in 2002 when Spurrier abruptly resigned in January after the bowl games and only a month until signing day. Zook had a long history with the program and was a well-known recruiter. It was a desperation pick, but he had very little time to make that hire.

Fact: hindsight is 20-20. It's easy to forget that Muschamp was considered the next great coordinator to become a headcoach. HCIW at a program like Texas is a pretty big deal 4 years ago, whether you like it or not. He was 39 years old and his potential was sky high. Many of you act like Foley hired him AFTER he had failed as a HC.

Fact: it was not "obvious" that Muschamp was a failure after 2013. The injuries across the board were unprecedented, and we spent most of the year playing guys who were supposed to be 3rd and 4th string QBs. Coming off an 11-2 season and a Sugar Bowl appearance would make any authority figure give a final year for evaluation. What's ironic is that, had it not been for a rained out game, a dropped touchdown followed by an interception returned to set up the game winning field goal, and a ridiculous block against USCe, we finish last year with 10 wins, and take the SEC East title.

Fact: Michi is not a Nole. He's just trolling. Everybody needs a hobby in the offseason. GSMB thougj? Yeah. That guys an idiot. I'm a little disappointed in Michi allowing himself to be linked with that guy.

I was agreeing with you down the line until here: Fact: Michi is not a Nole.
The Real Fact: Michi is a nole troll, which is why I have him on ignore.

You people are missing the point. It's not about whether a sport is 'minor' or 'major.' The goal is to be great in all of em. But at the end of the day football pays the bills. Those other sports very likely won't have the moneys they need if the football program is in the tank. IIRC football and basketball are the only two sports that break even consistently across all universities.

Yeah I know, and their is no way in hell Harbaugh is leaving the NFL for Michigan. If you listened instead of always thinking you were right you might have aome credibility. But you don't.

I only say that because I've had several phone conversations with him over there last couple of years.

I personally don't brlieve him to be THAT good of an actor to be a secret Nole.

This is the AA purpose and vision statements:

UAA STRATEGIC PURPOSE
Provide a championship experience with integrity on and off the field for student-athletes and the Gator Nation.

UAA VISION STATEMENT
Be the model collegiate athletics program, combining excellence and integrity in academics, athletics, and fan engagement to elevate the UF brand.

Seems to me Foley is doing an outstanding job.

Hyperbole gonna hyperbolic. No one said it was OK Michigan.

Everyone understands that Foley made a horrible hire with Muschamp. And most of us don't care if you don't GAF about sports not named football.

But don't come crap all over our threads. You are getting increasingly BONG-like in your insistence to turn everything into Foley bashing. You are becoming a tiresome youngster. Only us old farts have the right to be that cranky.

MJ, just do me one favor, scroll up and look at how this turned into a Foley thread, please.

Again Foley is the best AD in the business. If Foley is so bad how come nobody can just name a list of better ADs? It should be easy right? Michigan's former AD seriously? LOL!

Yeah I know, and their is no way in hell Harbaugh is leaving the NFL for Michigan. If you listened instead of always thinking you were right you might have aome credibility. But you don't.

I remember Danny digging in and defending Muschamp day after day after day here.

Muschamp sucked. He was a bad hire. Giving him a big fat contract even though nobody else was pursuing him after year 2 was a big mistake and was totally unnecessary. Doubling down on failure after year 3 and sticking with Muschamp was another HUGE mistake - one that hurt the program significantly.

Letting facilities fall behind those of our competitors in the sports people care about way more than all the others and the ones which make the money that pays for all the others was another HUGE mistake.

Those are all on Foley. Great that we win in sports few people watch or care about but that doesn't mean much if we're losing in football like we have been.

Besides the IPF (which is now under construction) what dang facilities have we fallen so far behind in?

We're one of the only programs in the SEC that does not have a dedicated football facility. I've heard the dorms are not nearly as good as those of several of our competitors in the SEC.

The O-dome is terribly outdated.

The MAC for baseball is also terribly outdated.

We're one of the only programs in the SEC that does not have a dedicated football facility. I've heard the dorms are not nearly as good as those of several of our competitors in the SEC.

The O-dome is terribly outdated.

The MAC for baseball is also terribly outdated.
Agree with all of this

There is a reason that coaches clamor to come to UF. And why we should and often do get the best athletes in most sports.

XOPWDVn.png
I'M a die hard nole fan. Fowley is by far the best AD in the country. Yes your football team sucks and you all know by your recruiting and being in the sec and the sec east is finally catching up with the sec west. Means uf football will struggle for atleast 5 years. But UF will turn it around. Your basketball team will not be as great as they have been for the last 20 years but fowley hired a really great young coach like he did with Donovan. Believe me fsu fans and I guarantee most schools would trade their AD for fowley. I think every school hopes you fire fowley because he's great and we don't want you having the best AD in the country.

I'M a die hard nole fan. Fowley is by far the best AD in the country. Yes your football team sucks and you all know by your recruiting and being in the sec and the sec east is finally catching up with the sec west. Means uf football will struggle for atleast 5 years. But UF will turn it around. Your basketball team will not be as great as they have been for the last 20 years but fowley hired a really great young coach like he did with Donovan. Believe me fsu fans and I guarantee most schools would trade their AD for fowley. I think every school hopes you fire fowley because he's great and we don't want you having the best AD in the country.

It is Foley, not Fowley.

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.

GO GATORS!

I am not ready to say Florida Football will suffer for 5+ years. That is just a FSU wish list.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT