ADVERTISEMENT

Frazier leaving

greens23

Swamp Thing
Nov 27, 2007
Would like to have seen him come back for another year. Everything I have seen says he is a second rounder/undrafted.

This is a miserable decision to me.. You have to be able to defend at a high level and you have to be able to create your shot for someone his size.. he can't do that even in college

Originally posted by 46885:
This is a miserable decision to me.. You have to be able to defend at a high level and you have to be able to create your shot for someone his size.. he can't do that even in college
I agree. Being tutored under Teddy Dupay ruined his junior year. He was a much better player floating around the perimeter.

he was a much better player when he could just stand there and let everyone create his shots for him wide open from the dribble drive.. He's not very good at all, no way, absolutely no way is he ready for the NBA.

He'll be alright. The NBA is a 3-point shooting league now and when healthy he's one of the best at it. Probably could use another year but he'll make it.

He's big for a shooter and he rebounds. He struggles with confidence and had a hard time with a lead role instead of just a shooter. Tough season for him. Definitely wish him well. He was a key player on one of my favorite gator teams. What that team accomplished was amazing, and he was a big part of it.

I mean I like the kid and im not knocking him, I just don't think he's ready yet. One more year would do him good IMO

Sounds like he and Donovan had issues. I wonder if Walker tries the draft or heads overseas like a lot of people think he will.

This post was edited on 3/26 2:58 PM by Gator Fever

It sounded like Donovan was frustrated with him for a lot of the year. But he definitely wanted him in the lineup in the SECT. He played more than I thought he would. I agree that another year in school would have been best for Florida and for him.

I thought he played hard, and he tried to work on his game. He rebounded, and he tried to drive the ball and get some easy baskets and some free throws. Maybe he would have been better off just shooting a bunch of threes.

You never know what's going on off the court, but it's hard for me to see anything that Frazier did on the court that would merit too much frustration from the coaches. He didn't shoot this year like he did last year, but he did score and he rebounded, and his defense couldn't have been too bad, because he played a bunch of minutes for two very good defensive teams.

Depending on who around the country comes out early, I seriously doubt he will be drafted. He may catch on with a NbaD team, but my guess is he will end up oversees. Seems like a great kid and proud to call him a Gator. Best of luck and I will be pulling for him wherever he ends up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT