ADVERTISEMENT

CWS

GatorGray

Bull Gator
Apr 3, 2002
Looks like we will be playing Miami in Prime Time, 8:00 Saturday night. Loser will play at 3:00 Monday, winner at 8 Monday night.

From Dooley in the GVS

It seems like it rarely happens, but your intrepid reporter decided to look it up to be sure. That turned into an hour of research — some of it flawed, I'm sure — but here is what I came up with. I was curious how many times one school sent both its baseball and softball teams to Omaha and Oklahoma City, respectively, (and I am only counting since 1982 when the NCAA began conducting the softball championships). Believe it or not, it has happened 34 times. This year alone, there are two teams — Florida and LSU. There are 10 teams that have done it multiple times, including a record seven by Arizona. Florida has done it three times in 2010, 2011 and this season. But one thing that has never happened is that one school won both titles. The closest was in 2003 when Cal won the baseball title and the Cal softball team lost 1-0 in nine innings to UCLA in the championship game. There is only one team with a chance to do it this year, of course. Hey, if we could get our first Triple Crown winner in 37 years, maybe this is the year for the Bats and Balls Double.​

The tournament is pretty much a crapshoot. But LSU and UF are the favorites. Game 1 is huge. Miami looked pretty athletic with plenty of guys who can hurt you.

The tournament is pretty much a crapshoot. But LSU and UF are the favorites. Game 1 is huge. Miami looked pretty athletic with plenty of guys who can hurt you.
I agree that game one is huge. That said, with a weak card on the other side of us vs Miami, I think the loser of the first game has a very decent shot a progressing through the losers bracket to the semi-final. Our pitching depth give us a ability to do that, should be drop the first game.

Let's not drop the first game to test it though

Yeah, losers bracket looks pretty good. I watched some of UVA's super regional and the announcers were saying it was basically a miracle that they were still winning, because of all their injuries. Arkansas has plenty of talent, but from what I've seen, their defense is horrible. They were throwing the ball all over the park in the SECT. The Gators have gone on to score on just about every error I can remember since the SEC tournament started. They are the only team to beat us in the postseason though.

Odds published by Bovada:
CHJgMGpUYAAE1l8.png

That looks about right. Considering the odds, Vandy's probably the best bet. You get the highest drafted player and pitcher and 4/1 on your money. Arkansas at 10/1 is pretty nice too. SEC was sick this year.

From Boyd's World

ISR-Based Probabilities for 2015 NCAA Tournament -- Before CWS

Reg Super Final Champ Team

100.0 100.0 15.3 4.8 Virginia
100.0 100.0 11.1 3.2 Arkansas
100.0 100.0 44.8 22.3 Florida
100.0 100.0 28.8 12.3 Miami, Florida
100.0 100.0 28.1 16.3 Louisiana State
100.0 100.0 33.5 20.4 Texas Christian
100.0 100.0 8.7 3.0 Cal State Fullerton
100.0 100.0 29.7 17.6 Vanderbilt

Miami's D is atrocious. Must be an ACC thing where you can play really bad D and still get enough wins to make it to the post season.

Florida has now won 20 of its last 25 games against Miami.
Gators hand Miami its most lopsided postseason loss in school history.

Next up AJ Puk and the Virginia Cavilers.

Yea. That was a good game. So we took care of the state for Florida. Now we need to take care of the ACC

What do Miami and FSU have in common?

Both have given up an eleven run inning in the College World Series. Miami gave up 11 runs in the 4th inning last night. FSU game up 11 runs against Stanford in 2008.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT