ADVERTISEMENT

Can the Gators beat the Seminoles in the Swamp this year?

Duo

Baby Gator
Jul 23, 2006
State why and how and make a score prediction. I am predicting a squeaker with the FSU defense (best secondary in the nation) scoring on INT's and pulling it out at the end.

FSU 34, UF 31

FSU wins again.

State why and how and make a score prediction. I am predicting a squeaker with the FSU defense (best secondary in the nation) scoring on INT's and pulling it out at the end.

FSU 34, UF 31

FSU wins again.
I think the game will be a defensive struggle...17-13 FSU

Lol at FSU having the best secondary in the nation.

I'd kinda like to see a few games from both teams before I make any sort of prediction. From what I saw last season, Kelly isn't the answer for FSU's defense and we haven't even decided on a QB. FSU's soft schedule could also provide an inaccurate assessment as well. Bottom line: WAY too early for this discussion. (IMO)

It will be worse than 34-31, and no FSU does not have the best secondary in the nation - arguably that would be us. Unfortunately we have one of the worst/thinnest OL situations in the nation. That will be more than enough to tank our team this year

I would imagine both UF and UM will beat FSU this year as all I've heard for the last 2 years is how much FSU is going to suck post-Winston.

Won't know what each team has till some games are played and it's stupid to make a prediction right now when neither team knows who their starting QB will be. We have the better defense hands down, but our offensive line situation could completely tank us this year, especially if injuries compound that. FSU seems more balanced with a decent D and O but nothing stands out on either side to me after all they've lost the past 2 seasons.

I feel the same way now as I did last year, based on how things like the offensive line does, we could either have a 10-11 win season considering our opponents, or we might do as bad as 6-6. I can't even imagine worse than 6-6 as we don't play Alabama, Auburn, nor T&M this year. Jortgia and USC are both looking for a new QB as well this year and UcheaT still has charlie brown as it's head coach, so despite talent they could lose to a high school team.

Hope for the best, but more often than not, that's just wishful thinking.

Wait, what? o_O
Need me to translate to your native language? What part of the English language do you not understand? We had the better defense last year by a wide margin, and I see nothing to suggest we've dropped so drastically and your team has improved so much.

Standing on what we know, that's what I've said, our defense is better, your offensive line and backfield are way better than ours. Other than that all things are question marks. I'd like to say we have a chance, but football wins and losses start with the big uglies and if our line can't protect the playmakers this coming year, then nothing the rest of the team does will really matter all that much.

I doubt it will be a very high scoring game. UFs defense will be very very good and certainly much better than FSUs. As long as Kelly is FSUs DC I don't ever see them being great on defense. I don't see how FSU will score many points on UFs defense with QB concerns and oline concerns. UF isn't likely to score many points either though. FSU doesn't have the best secondary in the nation. They don't even have the best secondary in the state.

Need me to translate to your native language? What part of the English language do you not understand? We had the better defense last year by a wide margin, and I see nothing to suggest we've dropped so drastically and your team has improved so much.

Standing on what we know, that's what I've said, our defense is better, your offensive line and backfield are way better than ours. Other than that all things are question marks. I'd like to say we have a chance, but football wins and losses start with the big uglies and if our line can't protect the playmakers this coming year, then nothing the rest of the team does will really matter all that much.

Hey, I'm not the one who made a statement only to completely negate it with the following sentence.

p.s.
You don't have Champ this year

I doubt it will be a very high scoring game. UFs defense will be very very good and certainly much better than FSUs. As long as Kelly is FSUs DC I don't ever see them being great on defense. I don't see how FSU will score many points on UFs defense with QB concerns and oline concerns. UF isn't likely to score many points either though. FSU doesn't have the best secondary in the nation. They don't even have the best secondary in the state.

You guys have just as many QB concerns as us and probably more OL concerns. Your defense will indeed take a step back without Muschamp. The man knew how to coach Defense. You are correct about Charles Kelly. He is not the answer at DC for us. I was highly disappointed Jimbo didn't make a change. Way to early to predict scores because if our new qb is semi competent we should be very good on offense. With our running game and a group of excellent receivers, the offense will carry the defense next year.

Therapist? Semenholes? FSUcks?

You guys are coming up with some real cutting edge stuff!

As for the OP, the answer is "Yes, of course you can." We didn't exactly blow you off the field in Tallahassee last year, and you should probably be as good or better at each position this year except for OL. We, on the other hand, have some big question marks on both sides of the ball.

Trying to hold a civil or even an amusing discussion with these noles is like having an annoying irritating and itchy buttnole on you all day long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT