ADVERTISEMENT

Bucs WR (former Gator)Louis Murphy says Jameis Winston reminds him of Tim Tebow

tigity

Bull Gator
Jan 8, 2007
Hit link for video could not get it to embed... Kinda funny
Not sure if this is a compliment or an insult.o_O

Bucs WR Louis Murphy says Jameis Winston reminds him of Tim Tebow

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-says-jameis-winston-reminds-him-of-tim-tebow

Louis Murphy is a wide receiver for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His new quarterback is former Florida State signal-caller Jameis Winston, who the team selected with the No. 1 overall pick in this year's NFL Draft.

Murphy happened to play his college ball at the University of Florida. While a Gator, Murphy's quarterback was none other than Tim Tebow.

While many would be hard pressed to find any similarities between those two quarterbacks, whether in terms of their performance or their personality, it wasn't difficult for Murphy to see at least one. During a recent Sirius XM Radio appearance, Murphy was asked if he was worried about Winston's well-chronicled off-field issues, and he cited Winston's similarities to Tebow in his response.

"No, not really," Murphy said, per NFL.com. "I just saw how much of a competitor he is. He competes. He doesn't like losing. He wants to win and that's a guy I want to play with. He's young, kind of similar to Tim Tebow in a way, he just wants to win. He'll do anything it takes to win. But he's young, everyone makes mistakes ... I'm just really excited to be with a guy who is really passionate about playing this game."

Winston has drawn much praise for his attitude and leadership on the football field, both in the lead-up to the draft and in the days since, so it's not surprising to hear that Murphy is impressed with that aspect of Winston's character. It's Winston's off-field behavior that was, is, and will likely remain a concern.

LOL ..I'm sure the noles will use this to try to poke fingers in eyes...for what Murphy said, I don't think anyone could disagree....both are very competitive types, who want to win badly...true of any highly successful college QB, no? Or are you noles going to suggest a WR trying to make the team should badmouth the #1 overall draft pick because of school rivalry? Surely you are not going to suggest he was comparing their character....

I think their competitive nature and leadership ability is similar but I think that is where the comparison stops. In terms of pro QB ability Winston is on another level but you could trust Tim more off the field.

I'm sure he's referring moreso to their competitive nature and less with the raping.

I think their competitive nature and leadership ability is similar but I think that is where the comparison stops. In terms of pro QB ability Winston is on another level but you could trust Tim more off the field.

That pretty much sums it up. What we're hearing out of the Buc's camp is as expected...strong work-ethic with outstanding onfield character and leadership. This was NEVER in question, so I'm not sure why we keep getting "reports" on it. Winston's off-the-field issues has always been the concern.

Bottom line, the only one capable of stopping Winston is Winston. The question remains, can he stay out of the negative spotlight?

Competitiveness, leadership and the will to win is what Winston and Tebow share. Winston will be fine off the field. If stealing $30 worth of crabs is the worst he's done, then he'll be a golden boy in the NFL. Some of those guys are hardcore criminals. Winston was falsely accused of rape and that distorted people's view of his minor missteps. He's an Academic All American, far from a criminal.

Reactions: Fsuwarpath10
Falsly accused of rape or not enough evidence to charge?

i guess we will never know the answer.

Falsly accused of rape or not enough evidence to charge?

i guess we will never know the answer.

That coupled with her multiple lies and changing statements. She'll be exposed once she takes the stand. You'll see.

In other news, Jimbo Fisher has filed divorce papers against his wife. Tallahassee rumor mill says that she was having an affair with a personal trainer. None other than a former Gator player, Taylor Jacobs

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/cand...uf-wr-and-redskins-bust-taylor-jacobs.324688/
That's sad to hear, MJ. Divorce is never fun; especially when children are involved. Extra hard when one of the kids has health issues.

I pray the best for the Fisher family.

Last edited:
Just because her story changed doesn't mean she wasn't raped.
Maybe she at first wanted to sleep wt him and changed her mind but he still forced her to.
She could have been embarrassed to admit it. Doesn't mean sha wasn't raped

Just because her story changed doesn't mean she wasn't raped.
Maybe she at first wanted to sleep wt him and changed her mind but he still forced her to.
She could have been embarrassed to admit it. Doesn't mean sha wasn't raped

It means she isn't credible. If you are not credible you have no case. She even lied multiple times about how she ended up at Winstons apt. First it was drugged then at he Code hearing she says she left with Winston because she was afraid of the consequences of not leaving. The retired Supreme Court Justice asked if Winston did anything to make her feel afraid. She said no but she was afraid and just left with him. He also reminded her this was at the clubs closing and there were hundreds of people outside including cops and club security. Didn't matter to her to yell or scream just leave because she's afraid. Listen man, if this wasn't Winston the public would be laughing at this girl.

Again all that leading up to her at the apartment could be she was embaresed to admit she originally wanted to sleep at him but changed her mind when the roommates got involved and changed her mind.
Agree there is no case but why the heck would she go thru what she did if she didn't feel violated.
I know there's nothing that would show Winston is the kind of guy who would take something that wasn't his.

In other news, Jimbo Fisher has filed divorce papers against his wife. Tallahassee rumor mill says that she was having an affair with a personal trainer. None other than a former Gator player, Taylor Jacobs

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/cand...uf-wr-and-redskins-bust-taylor-jacobs.324688/

I think I'll wait on this one. Not saying it's not true but if Jimbo filed divorce papers over a scandal like this seems it would be everywhere. For now I'm calling bs. Just for now.

Again all that leading up to her at the apartment could be she was embaresed to admit she originally wanted to sleep at him but changed her mind when the roommates got involved and changed her mind.
Agree there is no case but why the heck would she go thru what she did if she didn't feel violated.
I know there's nothing that would show Winston is the kind of guy who would take something that wasn't his.

$30 worth of crabs is a long way from being a violent rapist man.

Of course a pattern of not caring how your actions affect those around you also doesn't help his rep either

Of course a pattern of not caring how your actions affect those around you also doesn't help his rep either

Now you won't get an argument out of me that Winston isn't an immature idiot. The thing is a lot of us are at that age. He'll mature and be a great qb or he'll remain immature and flame out. It is what it is.

immaturity on everybody's part is what allowed whatever happened that night happen.

Now you won't get an argument out of me that Winston isn't an immature idiot. The thing is a lot of us are at that age. He'll mature and be a great qb or he'll remain immature and flame out. It is what it is.

oddly enough, most Noles feel this way, but because we "defend rape" that somehow equates to he can do no wrong.

And this was news worthy in this thread why? This is a pretty low blow, especially for one that tries to take the moral high ground repeatedly.
meH.

This is a Gator board. If you wish to police these types of things, then I suggest you confine yourself to the FSU Smack board.

What does my "morality" have to do with sharing a report that Candi Fisher is boning a former UF player?

meH.

This is a Gator board. If you wish to police these types of things, then I suggest you confine yourself to the FSU Smack board.

What does my "morality" have to do with sharing a report that Candi Fisher is boning a former UF player?

That's not a "report". That's a series of tweets by a bunch of clowns who think making fun of this kind of thing is cool. Like I said, I'll wait.

meH.

True story?

True story?
It is all over twitter world. Deadspin had something about it. So who knows?

FWIW, a friend of mine teaches at FSU. He says it is all over campus. Another friend is an attorney there. He says the same thing.

But who knows

LOL ..I'm sure the noles will use this to try to poke fingers in eyes...for what Murphy said, I don't think anyone could disagree....both are very competitive types, who want to win badly...true of any highly successful college QB, no? Or are you noles going to suggest a WR trying to make the team should badmouth the #1 overall draft pick because of school rivalry? Surely you are not going to suggest he was comparing their character....

Why does he have to say anything other than, "He's a good player"? Did someone feed him the line about Tebow?

Buccaneer gator fans are going to be conflicted for a while it appears.

meH.

You are absolutely right. Every fan base should have a place to go to bash their rivals no matter how silly, ignorant or completely false it is.

You can tell a lot about a person by what they value. I see how much joy you are having by witnessing the decay of a family including a child with a life-threatening illness, in what you hope was caused by one of your former heroes conducting an adulterous affair. How proud you must be.

You can tell a lot about a person by what they value. I see how much joy you are having by witnessing the decay of a family including a child with a life-threatening illness, in what you hope was caused by one of your former heroes conducting an adulterous affair all while shaming Jameis Winston for alleged rape . How proud you must be.

you forgot something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT