ADVERTISEMENT

Bucs / Gators fans...

Seminole'13

Rowdy Reptile
Feb 14, 2009
Sorry if this discussion has already been had here. I couldn't find it on the front page...

I want to know (1) How would Jameis being drafted by the Bucs impact your being a fan of the team. Would you still root for the team or not be able to be a Bucs fan fan anymore.

Would you adopt Jameis as one of your own right away, and if not, what would it take for you to see from Jameis to be able to do so (if possible). Would you become a Jameis fan if he had no further off the field antics and turned the Bucs around?

I have my own opinion on this, but just curious what all of your thoughts are as we stand on combine day.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm not a bcs fan, but I would have a hard time rooting for winston, just because I think he is low class. It's not an fsu thing. I could have pulled for charlie ward no problem.

Originally posted by bradleygator:
I'm not a bcs fan, but I would have a hard time rooting for winston, just because I think he is low class. It's not an fsu thing. I could have pulled for charlie ward no problem.
I know it's not just an FSU thing. If Tim Tebow came to the Bucs and succeeded, I'd have no problem rooting for him.

I understand the biggest problem is the way Gator fans view Jameis (which I think is an incorrect, but understandable view given media coverage).

That's why I was curious if at this time, you believe your opinion could be swayed, or if you already don't mind Winston.

Everything has exceptions, but if a person is a die-hard Tampa Bay fan...they aren't going to care one way
or the other. They won't have to...they'll be in, personally, a win-win situation. If Winston is successful
and the Bucs win...they'll rejoice that the Bucs are winning and give the credit to Lovie Smith.

If Winston fails...they'll say I told you so.

If Tampa doesn't draft him and they keep on losing, they'll fire Lovie Smith.

I think this stuff is overrated. If a person is a true fan, what the hell do they care as long as the team betters
itself.

Most people have different layers of support...High School-College-Pro. Fans get used to this stuff. If you're
an alum of Daytona Beach Mainland and FSU...and FSU signs a kid from Daytona Beach Seabreeze, you're
still gonna cheer for him.

Myself...I'm not an NFL fan...so I don't have any favorite NFL team...but I did cheer for Tebow, when he
left UF., I just thought he played the game the way the game was meant to be played. The only thing
I never liked about him was he went to UF. After that, I was fine with him.

Originally posted by Seminole'13:
Sorry if this discussion has already been had here. I couldn't find it on the front page...

I want to know (1) How would Jameis being drafted by the Bucs impact your being a fan of the team. Would you still root for the team or not be able to be a Bucs fan fan anymore.

Would you adopt Jameis as one of your own right away, and if not, what would it take for you to see from Jameis to be able to do so (if possible). Would you become a Jameis fan if he had no further off the field antics and turned the Bucs around?

I have my own opinion on this, but just curious what all of your thoughts are as we stand on combine day.
I will still love the Bucs with Winston or without Winston. I will say this for the 100th time in the past few months, if the Bucs does not fix the OLine issues it doesn't matter who they draft at the QB position. The OLine is 80% of the reason the Bucs lost a lot of games in the past FEW years.

The Bucs have Lovie Smoth as their head coach.

I hope people aren't expecting anything good to come from that. Not in the situation this team is in.

I will be very disappointed if they draft Winston. I do not jump on and off fan band wagons, so I will not give up on Bucs for that egregious decision and lack of character, and likewise I will not jump on the jamie band wagon just because he helped my team win, if that were the case either.

I attended the first Bucs game and at least two to three a year since but if JW is the QB i will not go to a game or root for them until he is off the team/ Jamies is not a creation of the press he is a creation of a coach and athletic department too cowardly to do the right thing, and i will not cheer for him, i would become a Bucs fan again after his retirement or incarceration. His attitude and demeanor( example his talk with Jimbo in the debacle with Oregon) make me ill. If some other QB, EJ Manuel for example. had made it to One BUCS Place i could have embraced that.

This post was edited on 2/23 10:35 PM by LinksGator

I know it's not just an FSU thing. If Tim Tebow came to the Bucs and succeeded, I'd have no problem rooting for him.

I understand the biggest problem is the way Gator fans view Jameis (which I think is an incorrect, but understandable view given media coverage).

That's why I was curious if at this time, you believe your opinion could be swayed, or if you already don't mind Winston.
Life long Bucs fan, will have a hard time routing for the Bucs, not because Winston is a Seminole, but because he is an @$$hole. I'm hoping the Bucs go Mariotta or elsewhere, but I doubt it. If they take Winston, I don't know, but I hope he changes his off field behavior for the better, just ain't counting on it.

If the Bucs draft Winston, I will be able to continue to root for draft position in November and December for years to come.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:

I hope people aren't expecting anything good to come from that. Not in the situation this team is in.
I am hoping Lovie succeeds, but I am not currently a believer. The best we can hope for is sustained mediocrity...and we have to improve drastically just for that.

So long as he can keep the raping to a minimum (from now on I mean) and otherwise keep his douchebaggery out of the headlines, the perception of him will change if he wins. Nobody even mentions that rothlisberger is twice accused of rape. He's "matured." The raping was just a phase he was going through. Kids these days!

Yeah, I will. The fact that the claims against Treon were immediately investigated makes me feel better about it. Also, I think Jameis' douchebaggery extends beyond the raping.

Originally posted by boomer74:
If Treon starts next year for the gators will you still support UF ?

Probably not the best type of most to make on this board....but nice try at deflection and straw man.

Originally posted by djegators:

Originally posted by boomer74:
If Treon starts next year for the gators will you still support UF ?

Probably not the best type of most to make on this board....but nice try at deflection and straw man.
indifferent.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Nolez29:

In what might be an unprecedented visit for how early it is occurring, quarterback Buccaneers, the team confirmed.
"A league source told ESPN's Ed Werder that the early timing of the visit was based on Winston's schedule."

Huh??? So he has more important stuff to do than meeting with the Glazers?

Originally posted by djegators:

Originally posted by Nolez29:

In what might be an unprecedented visit for how early it is occurring, quarterback Buccaneers, the team confirmed.
"A league source told ESPN's Ed Werder that the early timing of the visit was based on Winston's schedule."

Huh??? So he has more important stuff to do than meeting with the Glazers?
Of course.

He wanted to get this out of the way so he had time to get his roofie prescription refilled ahead of Spring Break.

He wanted to get this out of the way so he had time to get his roofie prescription refilled ahead of Spring Break.
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:

Don't really get all the Lovie hate. Guy is a pretty solid HC IMO. The difference between being a good coach and a great coach in the NFL is razor thin... usually the difference being a franchise QB, something he was never close to having in Chicago. He made a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman and he was this close to another in 2010 losing to eventual champion Green Bay by 7 with Jay Cutler throwing 3 picks or whatever it was, pulling himself out of the game due to a sprained ovary and playing the fourth quarter with their third string man.

How many guys in the league right now clearly have a better head coaching resume than Lovie? 6-7? Belichik, Carrol, Tomlin, Coughlin, Harbaugh, Payton and McCarthy definitely. Maybe Marvin Lewis, Jeff Fisher and John Fox too? They certainly aren't head and shoulders better.

I dunno, maybe I am way off. The guy knows defense. His defenses in Chicago were almost always very stout and turnover generating machines. The idea of a guy like that with a very good offensive coordinator in Koetter, a potential franchise QB and 2 WRs that are 6'5+ gets me excited as a Bucs fan. OL definitely needs to be addressed and they're definitely going to have to draft someone as they didn't do much of anything in FA to address it. Still, there are some good players that will be available in the second round and later.

Originally posted by HardeeWildcatFan:

I will still love the Bucs with Winston or without Winston. I will say this for the 100th time in the past few months, if the Bucs does not fix the OLine issues it doesn't matter who they draft at the QB position. The OLine is 80% of the reason the Bucs lost a lot of games in the past FEW years.
The QB can help his O-line with good anticipation, but how much? I agree that the Bucs O-line is bad...really bad.

That being said, I'm also a Titans fan and I loved Jevon Kearse and Eddie George, and I'm definitely not a UF or OSU fan. I met Kearse at the Butkus Awards, he was a pretty cool guy. He signed my program, despite knowing that I was an FSU fan. I remember he signed it "Go Gators" followed by his name.
laugh.r191677.gif

I also hope the Titans draft Dante Fowler because he's a beast and maybe the best player in the draft.

My point is essentially that it's easy to hate these kids when they play for the other team, but you gotta remember that they're just kids. There's really not a good reason for hating any of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT