ADVERTISEMENT

Bama-F$U 2017

only to Winston, he doesn't pay for anything...

giphy.gif

I'm aware it's your board, although I am confused why the dollar sign is meant as disrespectful?
If I go over to the FSU board and type F$U, there is a good chance I would get banned.

It is a holdover for the Free Shoes University era. If that is before your time, then google it.

If I go over to the FSU board and type F$U, there is a good chance I would get banned.

It is a holdover for the Free Shoes University era. If that is before your time, then google it.

I haven't

I don't post on the FSU free board.

"I think Jimbo has done a fantastic job," Saban said during his press conference. "You know, I always thought Jimbo was one of the best coaches we ever had. ... He did a fantastic job for us and I think he's done a fantastic job (at FSU)."

I, for one, applaud FSU for taking this step. At least some of the folks there realize this kind of scheduling is necessary. I mean, last year you had three undefeated teams, Alabama, Oregon and FSU. And FSU was seeded last among those teams. Last.

Oh wait. The Ducks actually had a loss. And FSU was seeded behind them. An undefeated FSU team with a returning Heisman trophy winner was seeded behind a one loss team. Think about that for a minute. Hell, one wonders if the committee wasn't considering putting FSU in as a fourth seed.

So, given that, the folks as FSU realize that with the shitty ACC schedule, the ONLY way a one loss ACC team might even remotely sniff the playoff is to play a very tough non-confernece schedule.

FSU can not do anything about Florida being bad. But they can do something about the rest of their schedule. And they did. Good for them

Playing two SEC teams is not as good as playing in the SEC. But they already chickened out on that decades ago and there is no going back. So they do the next best thing.

So if FSU chickened out, what do you call them asking to join for years yet being denied?

Manning up?

So if FSU chickened out, what do you call them asking to join for years yet being denied?

Manning up?

...the SEC could invite FSU to join any time they wish...I imagine there'd be a team that wouldn't really want that though.

You do realize that in addition to your weak conference schedule, you have teams just like this sprinkled in too, right?

But we've never lost to any.

You guys paid them $550k for the right to lose to them, at home, without them having to complete a forward pass. That's pretty remarkable. You will always have that "over" us.

The ACC schedule may not be as tough as the SEC schedule, but it's not 8 FCS schools no matter how much you'd like to think it is. The SEC proved in the post season it's not the juggernaut you'd like to think it is.

Manning up?
Go back and read the history when the SEC expanded in 1992. Even your own coach admitted that the SEC was just too tough for FSU. He admitted it back then and he admitted it just recently.

Go back and read the history when the SEC expanded in 1992. Even your own coach admitted that the SEC was just too tough for FSU. He admitted it back then and he admitted it just recently.

Bobby has always been tongue n cheek with that kind of thing. Coach has never been afraid of anyone, any team or any conference. He used to always say he was afraid of Miami but never even considered taking them off the schedule. Most people don't take Coach literally when he speaks like that but I guess some do. He does need to realize the media has changed and they won't report that he was clearly joking. The SEC in 92 was nothing to write home about and FSU would have ran through that conference the same way they did the ACC. Nothing would have been different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT