ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona State....decimated by portal transfers

Mt.DoraGator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2013
I was watching the Florida game and was really impressed with Ricky Pearsall. Here is a guy who actually knows how to run routes, create separation and catch the ball. And then I looked him up and saw he was the leading receiver for Arizona State last year. Then last night I noticed LSU's starting QB transferred in from Arizona State and the announcers said one of the Florida State receivers was an Arizona State transfer this year also. I thought this odd so I did a bit of research.
Arizona State had 17 players hit the portal last year, 4 players were taken in the NFL draft and 4 more were signed as free agents in the NFL for a total of 25 player hitting the exit door. Despite finishing 8-5 and 3rd in Pac 12 South.
Although Herm Edwards is considered a really good coach by many, something is seriously wrong in Tempe. He is currently second to Scott Frost as HC's likely to be fired. I think they had the 96th ranked recruiting class for 2022 (14 players, 9 three stars, no four or five stars). They were 15th or so regarding players transferring in via the portal.
Recruiting for 2023 is even worse, 103rd in country, 12th in Pac 12.

Reactions: Tygator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News