ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going to lose our baseball coach too?

Is Clemson a better job? UF's facilities are bad, but the recruiting base is as good or better than football.

unless he loves the place that much because that's where he came from

Meh. He is not a "Clemson" guy, just coached there for a while. He has been the HEAD coach at Florida for almost as long he was an ASSISTANT coach at Clemson (7 years vs 8). Clemson has said they are going to make him say no and if I were Clemson, I would do the same. Unless Clemson throws a boat load of money at him (and there just aren't those kinds of dollars to do that in CBB) to abandon what he has built here, I don't see him doing it.

Last edited:
It is, but I would think Sully knows how good he has it at Florida. As good as his teams pitch and defend, and with the players he gets out of Florida, he's going to host regionals almost every year and probably host supers half the time. Plus, he's playing in the best baseball league in the country. If he wants to win a championship, UF gives him the best shot.

They mentioned last night on the Vandy broadcast that his 2009 team has 9 guys in MLB right now. That's ridiculous.

He has built something pretty good at UF. However Clemson is a far bigger Baseball school than UF.
"far bigger?"

They have four more WS appearances than Florida. At 12 vs 8 for Florida. Like Florida, they have never won a NC.

They have a better stadium and they have better fan support. But as far as results on the field, Florida's been the better program since Sully took over. And Florida's a better bet every year to host a regional. Recruiting isn't even close. A decent coach at UF can fall over sideways and sign a class full of MLB draft picks.

Is Clemson a better job? UF's facilities are bad, but the recruiting base is as good or better than football.

Sully's been harvesting tremendous local talent. One reason he might like his current job. Clemson's a big deal...and they recruit well in our state...whatever. I know this much...Sully isn't thinking about that stuff right now. It's time for post season ball.

I went to the last two games, we can win it all man... When we get it going we are as good as anyone, we are literally as good on defense as some MLB teams on the daily and i know because I watch the Red Sox everyday and many other teams. IF we can keep the bats going even when the defense makes mistakes like today, we are a hard out. If we win it this year I don't think Sully will want to go anywhere. He's got athletes on deck

For them to come back from that 7th inning shows how tough this team is. They hand them the lead with an error and three walks and come back to force extra innings and win the biggest series of the year.

For them to come back from that 7th inning shows how tough this team is. They hand them the lead with an error and three walks and come back to force extra innings and win the biggest series of the year.
This win might just be enough to propel us to a national seed, provided we win the Auburn series and win at least one in the SEC-T

If you look at our schedule, this is the first conference series that we have won against a team with a wining conference record. I'll admit, I was doubting us this series. n Still not convinced we can win it all as the bats tend to go cold (too cold) at times, But if they are hot....

If Schwarz and Alonso are hitting, they can beat anyone. When they're cold, the rest of the guys put the ball in play, but we don't have much power. I think our pitching is not quite as good as its been in past years. We still have a ton of arms, but we don't have the one or two frontline starters. Puk has been our best starter in league. Definitely a team that can win it, though with the way we play defense and fight. I hope we do get a national seed. They showed a stat Saturday that Bader hits .100 on the road and .400 at home! That was before he went 0-6 on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT