ADVERTISEMENT

AR 5

TEBOW TIME

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 7, 2019
Just watched every snap he had in his first preseason game and it looked a lot like his year at Florida. Throw an interception his second or third throw of the day. He's gonna find out the boys on Sunday are a lot faster than the boys on Saturday. 7-12 for 67 yards, interception and 67 yards rushing and played 3 series

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
I wasn't impressed at all and it looked just like last yr. It is his first NFL experience ever though so don't be too harsh lol

I want to see him play a full yr before I judge. I thought he was going to get the GM fired (not his fault) if he had to play early. Something I'm monitoring this yr is his play, got the NFL pass or whatever it's called.

I have always thought he would struggle in the NFL but come on. It’s his first NFL game and got thrown to the wolves and quite frankly he doesn’t even have that much game experience in college. The best thing for him to to probably sit for a year and continue to develop but he may not have that luxury due to the Colts QB situation. His future isn’t determined by this one preseason game.

Man did that pick look familiar. It was that same zone read action and he was so jittery and trying to get to the throw, he didn’t even execute the fake.

I think he is just terrible at that handoff read. He makes up his mind before the play what he’s going to do with it. That’s a tough handicap for a running qb.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I will always pull for Gators to make it in the pros and AR seems like a great young man. But I respect Shane Matthews, who has expressed doubts about him from the time he stepped foot on the UF campus. He has the body and arm strength, but just doesn't have the "it" factor to be a consistently winning QB - reading defenses, making quick/correct decisions during a play, throwing accurately on a regular basis, etc. Because the Colts drafted him so high and has a huge investment in him, he'll be given every chance possible to make it in the NFL. I hope he proves Shane wrong, but I'll be very surprised if AR makes it (although he's already rich with his signing bonus, so in that respect he already has made it).

…and just like that…he’s named the starter…

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38196581/rookie-anthony-richardson-named-colts-starting-qb

Somebody’s gonna have some splainin to do…

i-love-lucy-ricky-ricardo.gif

Yeah the further he gets away from Billy Napier’s offensive coordinating the better he looks, even against NFL defenses. Hmmmmm.

AR is playing fairly well. But he's relying on his legs. He will need to learn how to sit in the pocket and accurately deliver the ball downfield. Running too much will only earn him more time in concussion protocol.

Reactions: emekz1
AR-15 pretty much played all last season not to get hurt. He goes down with a shoulder injury and may be out a while. Imagine my shock.

Regardless of what anyone thought of his on field performance, he's a Gator who always represented with class. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
AR-15 pretty much played all last season not to get hurt. He goes down with a shoulder injury and may be out a while. Imagine my shock.
He was always a little fragile. I can see why he would play not to get hurt until after he got those fat NFL $$$

Yeah the further he gets away from Billy Napier’s offensive coordinating the better he looks, even against NFL defenses. Hmmmmm.
He was more concerned about his career than the Gators. Not casting shade, those are a lot of $$$ to risk. But it's hard to get a feel for Napier as OC with the QB going 80% most of the time.

AR was very savvy at UF. His goal seemed to be to not get hurt, but manage to generate some highlight reel plays every game for maximum tape cachet, which got the attention of the NFL GM's. So at the end of the year the GM's were saying "incredible physical specimen, looks great on tape, injury free." What's not to like? That's how you jump from mid/late 1st round to top 5 overall.

While there is some NFL discussion here, it's time for the Buccaneers to plant Kyle Trask as the starter. Baker Mayfield is garbage. Especially if Todd Bowles wants to save his job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT