ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on Tebow?

GvilleNole

Bull Gator
May 31, 2001
Any word on Tebow? In town .. working out with some of the players? coaches? Seems like Burton and Cooper could help?

Eagles' Brandon Graham: Tim Tebow will make the team and play a lot
All aboard the Tim Tebow bandwagon!

The veteran quarterback has completely retooled his mechanics this offseason, and the end result has several Philadelphia Eagles coaches and players excited about what they're seeing.

Earlier this offseason, Eagles running back DeMarco Murray praised Tebow. This praise came after head coach Chip Kelly spoke glowinglyabout what he has already seen from Tebow during spring practices. Now, we can add Eagles' outside linebacker Brandon Graham to the fan club.

"Tim Tebow is going to shock a lot of people, because he is going to make the team," Graham said, while speaking to Lauren Beasley on YouTube, per True Jersey, "and I think he will play a lot."

Tebow was one of the first players Graham mentioned when asked about the new additions to the roster that he is most excited about. Sam Bradford's name did not come up at all.

Tebow has been training hard this offseason, like he always does, and he will get a chance to show off his improved mechanics during the team's training camp grind.

Reactions: Michi-Gator
I know this has been discussed before, but (from the outside looking in) why doesn't Tim convert to H-back or TE? There is no arguing he is, in fact, a tough-as-nails athlete with the heart of a winner. Wouldn't he thrive at those positions or am I missing something? Why is he so hell-bent on being a QB? Is it possible for him to have changed his playing mechanics enough to make it in the NFL?

Why should he switch positions? It's not like he hasn't been successful. He's started something like 15 games in his career, that's not even a full season's worth of games. When he played extensively, he won. His second to last start he threw for 300+ on the NFL's #1 defense. Does he have a lot to work on ? Hell yea. But so does every young QB in the NFL. For some reason, everyone speeds up his timetable for being good while other young QB's hang around for years without producing and nobody asks them to change positions.

Reactions: Kharma217
Why should he switch positions? It's not like he hasn't been successful. He's started something like 15 games in his career, that's not even a full season's worth of games. When he played extensively, he won. His second to last start he threw for 300+ on the NFL's #1 defense. Does he have a lot to work on ? Hell yea. But so does every young QB in the NFL. For some reason, everyone speeds up his timetable for being good while other young QB's hang around for years without producing and nobody asks them to change positions.

Just asking the question because it seems like he's not been successful in the NFL (at least as successful as many had expected/hoped) at that position, but could very likely be extremely successful at other positions. Look at Braxton Miller at OSU (given that's college).

Not hating on Tebow, just curious what the general thought was on the topic of position moving. I honestly believe he could/should be a long-time presence in the NFL.

Just asking the question because it seems like he's not been successful in the NFL (at least as successful as many had expected/hoped) at that position, but could very likely be extremely successful at other positions. Look at Braxton Miller at OSU (given that's college).

Not hating on Tebow, just curious what the general thought was on the topic of position moving. I honestly believe he could/should be a long-time presence in the NFL.

Yea I understood the intent of your question, I just went broader with my answer because so many people have insisted he switch from Day 1. So just giving my reasoning for why I don't think it should be a requirement for him.

That said though, I think people underestimate how hard it is to play damn near any position in the NFL. Tebow has never shown to have good hands and I highly doubt he could put his hand in the dirt and block 270 lb. DE's like he'd be asked to at TE. He'd have to essentially be a big receiver to succeed there. I don't see it. QB is his position.

I know this has been discussed before, but (from the outside looking in) why doesn't Tim convert to H-back or TE? There is no arguing he is, in fact, a tough-as-nails athlete with the heart of a winner. Wouldn't he thrive at those positions or am I missing something? Why is he so hell-bent on being a QB? Is it possible for him to have changed his playing mechanics enough to make it in the NFL?

The only flaw with your reasoning in my opinion is that Tim has NEVER gotten the opportunity to be a backup or third string QB because of the media attention is too much for a back up. He IS and has been one of the top 90 QBs all along. The media lays off this time and bam, he is going to be in a team.

Add to all this that Chip Kelly is the man and there you have it. Exactly yhe reason I think Folley should have flown to Philly with an open seat on the plane and a blank check and not left until Chip was with him.

Who's to say he would be a good H-Back or TE? he's never done it before and all of a sudden he's supposed to go to the NFL, change positions, and be successful at it? There are a few examples but not very many. I think he'd like to give QB one more shot, if he can't make it with the Eagles and Chip Kelly, then maybe he could consider playing another position. Honestly, if he doesn't have some success with the Eagles, I see him going back into broadcasting.

I guess success is all relative too. IMO Tebow could unquestionably be a backup or 3rd string guy on a team. He hasn't been because IMO teams don't want to deal with the media that follows him, which big picture is BS. I mean scrubs like Charlie Batch hung around for a decade as backups. I mean c'mon.

I guess success is all relative too. IMO Tebow could unquestionably be a backup or 3rd string guy on a team. He hasn't been because IMO teams don't want to deal with the media that follows him, which big picture is BS. I mean scrubs like Charlie Batch hung around for a decade as backups. I mean c'mon.

This was my point. And the saddest part about the media driving him out of a backup role is that the positivity he would bring to a locker room would be awesome. And even more importantly the Goodwill in charity events he could bring to a city even as a backup would be outstanding.

This is the only reason he hasn't been in the league. There isn't and hasn't been 90 QBs in the league better than him. It's the media circus that has kept him out of the league. Teams don't want to deal with it. It's as simple as that.

Not successful as an NFL QB???? I'm calling BS on that.
Not employed is not the same thing as not successful.

In his first 16 NFL starts he was way better than Peyton or St John El' Dimway.
He is the ONLY Heisman QB in the last 25 years that's also won an NFL Playoff game.
In 2 years, the Broncos with a 7-8 year NFL Vet QB (Orton) went 4-14.
In those same 2 years, with dissed-on and ignored Tebow they went 9-7 with a Playoff win.
That win was against the NFL's #1 Defense Steelers.
Tebow set Bronco Team Records, and NFL Playoff Passing Records in the Playoffs.
With that weak Bronco team, Tebow won an NFL playoff game in his 15th split season NFL start.
He had no 'off-season team training' between his first 2 seasons because of the player strike.
After adding 30+ new players, it took Peyton 33 games as a Bronco QB to get his first Playoff win.

The only position change for Tim will be back to broadcasting, IF he doesn't keep a job as an NFL QB.

Reactions: Kharma217
Not successful as an NFL QB???? I'm calling BS on that.
Not employed is not the same thing as not successful.

In his first 16 NFL starts he was way better than Peyton or St John El' Dimway.
He is the ONLY Heisman QB in the last 25 years that's also won an NFL Playoff game.
In 2 years, the Broncos with a 7-8 year NFL Vet QB (Orton) went 4-14.
In those same 2 years, with dissed-on and ignored Tebow they went 9-7 with a Playoff win.
That win was against the NFL's #1 Defense Steelers.
Tebow set Bronco Team Records, and NFL Playoff Passing Records in the Playoffs.
With that weak Bronco team, Tebow won an NFL playoff game in his 15th split season NFL start.
He had no 'off-season team training' between his first 2 seasons because of the player strike.
After adding 30+ new players, it took Peyton 33 games as a Bronco QB to get his first Playoff win.

The only position change for Tim will be back to broadcasting, IF he doesn't keep a job as an NFL QB.

Honest question Insta, which top 10 qb would you replace with Tebow right now? Give me an honest list. You HONESTLY believe he is better than Manning, Wilson, Rodgers, or Brady? Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. According to you, Dilfer should be considered one of the NFL greats.

Hey Insta, could it possibly be that leading the league in fumbles and completing 46% of your passes isn't appealing to most teams?

BTW, that Steelers defense was down a handful of starters for the game.

How did the next week work out for him against New England? The 31st ranked defense held him to 9/26 for 136 yards, with zero touchdowns and 1 fumble.

His defense carried him the entire season and created most of his opportunities he was successful in. Please check the defensive stats. I know you believe he was playing 1 on 11 and had zero help out there, but if that defense was ranked where New England's was, he would have won 3 games.

H-Back or TE, with his athletic ability would be fascinating to see. I think he would be successful and have a good career.

I would probably not trade any of the top ten QBs for Tebow. I am not sure I would trade any starter. But Tebow would be an upgrade for at least half the back-ups

Who said anything about him being a top ten QB? Seriously? What was said, most of the greats in the game were no better during the first full season of their careers. He is definitely among the top 96, that is for damn sure.........or at least was before being forced out of the league. If you want to talk about teams carrying quarterbacks, look no further than the Seattle Seahawks.

I will defer to the NFL Players themselves on the quality of Tebow as an NFL QB.
THEY voted him to THEIR Top 100 Players of 2011, so go argue with them.

Then come back here and tell us all about Brady 'Da-Mighty' Quinn and Jimmy 'Da-Pickle' Clausen, the famous neutered lame QB's. I wouldn't trade Tebow for BOTH of those nuttless losers on their best day.... :confused:

First 16 NFL starts comparisons are available, but then that was not what you wanted to address, is it? (rhetorical) o_O
Peyton set a new NFL rookie record for Ints with 28 while going 3-13.
El' Dimway threw 7 TD's to 14 Ints and a 54 QB Rating.
Clausen threw 3 TD's to 9 Ints before being benched for good.
After years as a do-nothing back-up, Quinn still sucks.

Let's see how you honestly answer. (impossible, as he doesn't have any)
Where was the Bronco defense ranked with Orton starting?
What was the RB's output with Orton as the starter?
Address El' Dim-way trading away their Top 2 WR's before starting Tebow, which included their ONLY Pro-Bowler on the offense, B.Lloyd.

You don't want honesty, you just want to start chit with me individually, as usual.o_O

Last edited:
I will defer to the NFL Players themselves on the quality of Tebow as an NFL QB.
THEY voted him to THEIR Top 100 Players of 2011, so go argue with them.

Then come back here and tell us all about Brady 'Da-Mighty' Quinn and Jimmy 'Da-Pickle' Clausen, the famous neutered lame QB's. I wouldn't trade Tebow for BOTH of those nuttless losers on their best day.... :confused:

First 16 NFL starts comparisons are available, but then that was not what you wanted to address, is it? (rhetorical) o_O
Peyton set a new NFL rookie record for Ints with 28 while going 3-13.
El' Dimway threw 7 TD's to 14 Ints and a 54 QB Rating.
Clausen threw 3 TD's to 9 Ints before being benched for good.
After years as a do-nothing back-up, Quinn still sucks.

Let's see you how honesty. (impossible, as he doesn't have any)
Where was the Bronco defense ranked with Orton starting?
What was the RB's output with Orton as the starter?
Address El' Dim-way trading away their Top 2 WR's before starting Tebow, which included their ONLY Pro-Bowler on the offense, B.Lloyd.

You don't want honesty, you just want to start chit with me individually, as usual.o_O

John Elway, aka Horseface, repeatedly tried to sabotage Tebowmania. As you pointed out, he traded away their best offensive player simultaneous to Tebow taking over. That was somewhat understandable as the team obviously regarded the season as lost by the time Tebow was named starter. However, it was incomprehensible that Elway, later in the season and after the Broncos were in first place in the AFC West, waived Kyle Orton and allowed Kansas City, with whom the Broncos were competing for the division and who was scheduled for a defacto conference championship game in Denver, week 17, to pick him up. Orton started the rest of the way and actually beat the Broncos to tie the division lead, but the Broncos won the tiebreaker, which paved the way for Tebow 3:16.

Unfortunately, when you consider his extensively reported failings as a father, husband and businessman, this kind of treachery is exactly what you would expect from old Horseface. Reputedly, he's also a drunk.

Last edited:
El' Dim-way wasn't even a competent used car salesman before the Broncos brought him back....

And when Tebow went to the Jets, Stupidimus Rex said that their problems the year before was to many turnovers.
So the Sanchize threw 12 TD's to 18 Ints, plus a butt-fumble as the starter.

Tebow had thrown 19 TD's to 9 Ints, plus over 1,000 rushing yds with 13 TD's.
For the Jets, he was 6 of 8 (75%) the 2 incompletes were one dropped pass and one throw away when nobody got open while Tebow scrambled to the sideline.
As the punt protector, they used him twice on 4th downs to go for it. He was 100% for 1st downs, once passing to the TE and once running for a 1st down. So Rex then chose to play McSackroy (9 sacks in one game) instead of Tim when he finally pulled the failed Sanchize.

The Pats only keep two QB's on their roster. Ryan Mallet was under a 'guaranteed' contract, had to pay him even if they cut him. They tried and tried to trade him but got no takers, so they eventually cut Tebow. In the preseason,Tim out played Ryan who had been there 2 years, but the circumstances worked against Tim. The Pats eventually dumped Mallet as soon as his contract ran out btw.

In 2011, Tebow tied for 2nd among NFL QB's with 6 game-winning drives and helped guide the Broncos to an AFC West title and the team’s 1st playoff berth since 2005. Tebow started the team’s final 11 games, (after they started 1-4) totaling 1,730 passing yards and 12 TD's, while adding 660 rushing yards and 6 TD's.

Tebow started 3 games for the Broncos as a rookie in 2010, throwing for 654 yards and 5 TD's while also rushing for 227 yards and 6 TD's on 43 carries (5.3 ypc). His 82.1 QB Rating was the highest of the eight rookie QB's (including Sam Bradford) who started a game in 2010. Additionally, he became just the 2nd rookie QB in NFL history to record 4 games with both a passing and rushing TD, (Fran Tarkenton in 1961).

Sunday 8-2-15 Camp Highlights: Who made the best throw in Eagles camp?
1. Who had the best throw on Sunday?
Tim Tebow made a case with a deep ball down the left sideline that was on the money. :)

People seem to either forget, or they never knew, that Tebow set the SEC's All Time Career QB Pass Efficiency Rating, besides breaking Herschel Walker's SEC Career Rushing TD record. :cool: When you've got All Time records in the toughest conference in college football, it should stand for something, (a little respect), but that's something that the No Fun League always seems to be short on.... o_O

Here's an update on Tebow at Eagles camp. Interesting note on how little attention he's getting compared to the Jets and Patriots camps.

From what I've seen, Tim Tebow has come a long, long way since the spring. He's more accurate throwing the football. He's more decisive knowing where to go with the ball. He's got good touch. I think Tebow has been very good in this Training Camp. (from a camp reporter)

On the field, Tebow worked ahead of Matt Barkley with the third-team offense Monday and showed uncharacteristic accuracy, completing 11 of 14 passes. Tebow also carried the ball on several designed runs. (characteristically, they are unaware of his 2009 Sugar Bowl performance)

Support Still Strong For Tebow

The fans (22,000 at practice) at Lincoln Financial Field roared on Tuesday when QB Tim Tebow pulled down the ball during an 11-on-11 drill and ran up the field. Of course, no defender is going to hit the QB in the red shirt, so we don't know how much ground he really would have gained.

Nonetheless, the fans wanted to get a glimpse of Tebow during and after practice. As players signed autographs, Tebow posed for selfies with fans, was presented with Florida Gators gear to sign as well as a Bible. Even though Tebow hasn't played in a regular season game in two years, his Eagles jersey ranked No. 16 in sales in the entire league for the month of June.

"I love what I'm doing and I'm blessed to be able to do it," Tebow said. "It's a thing you can think of when you're out here because you can take it for granted. There's probably been a lot of times in my life where I have taken it for granted, but you realize how blessed you are when you come out here to play a game that you love. That's pretty special."

There will be two open practices today with reports coming around 5PM.

Tim Tebow - Eagles Camp Report/Stats:
Thursday's Reps: 16 reps

Thursday's Stats: 8/9, (89%) 1 TD, 1 rushing TD, 0 INT

Overall Camp Stats: 60 reps, 33/46, (71.7%) 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 rushing TD

Analysis: After throwing his first interception of training camp during the team's last practice, Tebow had without question his best performance so far.

Tebow hit on his first eight passes,
with his only incompletion coming on what seemed to be a broken play from the jump. When Tebow had time in the pocket, however, he turned some of his best throws since signing with the Eagles.

Tebow was also strong during the red zone drill, throwing a touchdown and running the ball in for another score.

If Tebow can throw the ball in the preseason games the way he did on Thursday, his roster spot will be locked up sooner-rather-than later.

Grade: A

Reactions: ftball0129
The only flaw with your reasoning in my opinion is that Tim has NEVER gotten the opportunity to be a backup or third string QB because of the media attention is too much for a back up. He IS and has been one of the top 90 QBs all along. The media lays off this time and bam, he is going to be in a team.

Add to all this that Chip Kelly is the man and there you have it. Exactly yhe reason I think Folley should have flown to Philly with an open seat on the plane and a blank check and not left until Chip was with him.

I wanted that too, never doubt it.

However, UF isn't Alabama or FSU or any other unabashedly "football school". There would have been a LOT LOT LOT of pushback on an 8 mil a year head coach. Frankly, I don't see him coming here for less. Could have taken 10.

I wanted that too, never doubt it.

However, UF isn't Alabama or FSU or any other unabashedly "football school". There would have been a LOT LOT LOT of pushback on an 8 mil a year head coach. Frankly, I don't see him coming here for less. Could have taken 10.

Wrong thread maybe??? ;)

Sunday Eagles Camp:

3. While we're on skill players, perhaps nobody on the Eagles' 90-man roster enjoyed a better afternoon than 2nd year TE Trey Burton, who was seemingly everywhere. Burton made a number of catches downfield, including a TD on a perfectly placed pass from Tim Tebow in1-on-1's. The 2nd-year TE later added a red-zone TD in team drills as well and also set the key block on JaCorey Shepherd to break a WR screen for a big gain.

Also, with Shepherd injured out later in practice, S/CB Jaylen Watkins took over the 1st-team reps in the nickel. Watkins appears to be progressing nicely this camp. The 2014 4th-round pick had an interesting duel with 1st-round rookie WR Nelson Agholor in 1-on-1s Sunday. On one rep, Agholor employed what it appeared to be a killer double move, but Watkins didn't bite at all and wound up breaking up the pass attempt downfield.

Eagles Preseason Game 1 on Sunday 8-16-15 at 1 PM
Bradford is being held out by Kelly. The 'Sanchize' will start but not play much. Tebow and Barkley will take most of the snaps as they are competing for the 3rd string job right now with Tebow having a slight lead in practice.

Preseason Camp Results: as of Thursday 8-13-15

Bradford - 22 Reps - 7 of 14, 50%, 0 TD, 0 Int, while completing just one of his last six pass attempts. Bradford was especially bad during the team's final 11-on-11 drill, with all four of his pass attempts falling incomplete. That is the first time during camp that any quarterback during any team drill hasn't completed any of their passes when attempting four or more.

Sanchez - 24 Reps - 15 of 19, 79%, 1 TD, 0 Ints,

Tebow - 14 Reps - 6 of 9, 67%, 0 TD, 0 Int, Tebow has only one interception during training camp, while Matt Barkley has three Int's in two more pass attempts. Tebow has been careful with the ball, not taking many chances -- if any -- with the ball, (a Tebow trademark). He also had two good runs when nobody got open.

Barkley - 21 Reps - 13 of 16, 81%, 0 TD, 0 Int. Barkley had a strong practice on Thursday, but wasn't able to get his team in for the TD during his drill in the red zone, despite attempting four passes.
===============

Sam Bardford - 268 Reps (1 TD every 19 reps)
P - 145 of 195, 74%, 14 TD's, 2 Ints. (only 16 reps with the 2nd team)
R - Are you kidding me....

Mark Sanchez - 231 Reps (1 TD every 21 reps)
P - 132 of 184, 72%, 11 TD's, 1 Int. (38 reps with the 1st team)
R - The 'Butt Fumbler', are you kidding me....

Tim Tebow - 137 Reps (1 TD every 23 reps)
P- 66 of 99, 67%, 4 TD's, 1 Int. (mostly with the 2nd-3rd teams)
R - Also has 2 rushing TD's.

Matt Barkley - 125 Reps (1 TD every 21 reps)
P - 74 of 97, 76%, 6 TD's, 3 Int's
R - Also has 1 rushing TD.
* The Eagles continue to look for a Trade with Barkley.
Having Tebow would open up parts of Kelly's 'read-option' offense that he can't run with any of the other quarterbacks on his current roster.
===============

In their first 16 games as an NFL starter:

Tebow scored 34 times with 9 interceptions (3/13 two seasons starts)

Bradford scored 19 times with 15 interceptions (every advantage starter)

Sanchez scored 15 times with 20 interceptions (every advantage starter)

Tebow threw more TDs per pass attempt with fewer interceptions.

Tebow threw 19 TDs in 374 attempts with 9 ints

Bradford threw 18 TDS in 590 attempts with 15 ints

Sanchez threw 13 TDs in 379 attempts with 20 ints

Tebow also led the league in fumbles during his time at quarterback, to go along with 46% completion rate. You left that out of your amazing insight.

Right now he is 4th string and is fighting just to make the team. He was graded out with a C grade. You left that out as well.

"On Friday, the Eagles announced its first unofficial depth chart and Tebow was indeed listed at quarterback -- behind Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley.".

Tebow also led the league in fumbles during his time at quarterback, to go along with 46% completion rate. You left that out of your amazing insight.

Right now he is 4th string and is fighting just to make the team. He was graded out with a C grade. You left that out as well.

"On Friday, the Eagles announced its first unofficial depth chart and Tebow was indeed listed at quarterback -- behind Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley.".

Your Tebow hate is real, why?

but yet some of these tebow people have asked "what is he doing now?"

they hate it, and they know what he is doing too btw, most talked about "awful undeserving" back up qb in history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT