ADVERTISEMENT

All is not well in Athens

Win at all costs mentality he learned from Saban will catch up to him in Athens. He doesn't have the cover up support network that exists in Tuscaloosa.
He doesn’t? I mean, I have no inside info but it just seems like when a bunch of rich guys want to protect their investment, they find a way to cover up whatever they need to, and that certainly seems what has been the cause for the recent success up there. I can see them being pretty motivated to do what they need to.

He doesn’t? I mean, I have no inside info but it just seems like when a bunch of rich guys want to protect their investment, they find a way to cover up whatever they need to, and that certainly seems what has been the cause for the recent success up there. I can see them being pretty motivated to do what they need to.
Well organized and experience cover up machine in tuscaloosa. Lots of experience. Dawgs new to that.

Win at all costs mentality he learned from Saban will catch up to him in Athens. He doesn't have the cover up support network that exists in Tuscaloosa.

I doubt it in reality unless the administration canned him. Its usually the recruiting that starts hurting a top program and not the actual ranking but not doing a good job of vetting how good the talent actually is and/or developing them. I think Meyer had a # 1 class his last year (2010) in Gainesville but most of them well underperformed their rankings. I think the class of 2009 had quite a few underperformers also.

Reactions: gatordad3
Winning brings a lot of goodwill. This helps when the team has a few "down" years. However, if a coach burns up all the goodwill with off the field messes like happening at Ugaly right now, he will have a lot harder time holding on during those down times. Like was said above, it happened with Meyer.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Kirby should be fired immediately and the doors to the football program should be closed. Jesus, how many driving accidents and serial assaults can one team have. Lock it up and throw away the KY. I will personally (and for free) come and cut down the hedges)

This is really the answer. Of course it was the answer for fsu in the 90s too. I offered to spray the sod cemetery with Round Up.

The police report related to the 16 year old recruit that this article is referencing? The recruit was not at fault if you actually read the police report. The AJC is grasping at straws on this one. Now i am not saying that the others are not valid, but this one is a nothing burger to me.

The police report related to the 16 year old recruit that this article is referencing? The recruit was not at fault if you actually read the police report. The AJC is grasping at straws on this one. Now i am not saying that the others are not valid, but this one is a nothing burger to me.
16 year old drinking and accused of sexual assault...ole kirby says whats his 40 time...you are missing the point. dawg program is dirty dirty for sure.

Stop....delete this before more people see it

The reality is every successful program has these problems. Having 85 high-energy high-testosterone young men between 18-22 in a group will inevitably lead to some problems. The measuring stick is how the coaches and University deal with it. So far Georgia is failing on this, like FSU failed in the 90's.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax

UGA football program rallies when players accused of abusing women

Kirby handling dicipline similar to how Urbs did, and we all know how that turned out.
Yeah things are just falling apart over there in Athens. . Lol. They have the number 1 class they just signed their 6th OL in the last 8 days and are on an absolute tear. Give me a break.

We need to stop waiting for their downfall and start our uprising. Thankfully here lately we’ve seen some recruiting going on. That’s awesome news for us. Now we need to keep it going, cause Ga is not allowing anyone to close any gaps. They are absolutely crushing it on the trail. And we know they can coach now.

Finally seeing some signs of life on the trail from Billy. So happy to see it.

Go gators.

Yeah things are just falling apart over there in Athens. . Lol. They have the number 1 class they just signed their 6th OL in the last 8 days and are on an absolute tear. Give me a break.

What does having the No 1 class have to do with Kirby handling discipline? Urbs finished with the No. 2 class in 2010 in spite of his "nothing to see here" approach.

UGA football program rallies when players accused of abusing women

Kirby handling dicipline similar to how Urbs did, and we all know how that turned out.
Oops. And the “reporter” has been fired.

Reactions: Dawgs_74

AJC not retracting the story just correcting a couple of minor errors. The article clearly states they stand behind the original article. The "11" number not totally verifiable and two detective statements combined into one. No biggie. I love that uga demanded article be retracted and AJC gave them the big middle finger.

AJC not retracting the story just correcting a couple of minor errors. The article clearly states they stand behind the original article. The "11" number not totally verifiable and two detective statements combined into one. No biggie. I love that uga demanded article be retracted and AJC gave them the big middle finger.
Of course they aren’t, but this as close to a retraction as you will ever see for something like this. They were wrong and they admitted it by firing the guy that instigated it all.

Of course they aren’t, but this as close to a retraction as you will ever see for something like this. They were wrong and they admitted it by firing the guy that instigated it all.
Actually it's as far from a retraction as you can get. They stand by the content of the article in spite of uga lawyering up and demanding it be removed. It's still out there for all to see. Looks like ole kirbs is running a game of hide and seek.

UGA “lawyered up” because the fish wrapper printed a bunch of lies and they were called out on it.

UGA “lawyered up” because the fish wrapper printed a bunch of lies and they were called out on it.
Where did you see a bunch of lies? Did you read the article? dawgs lawyered up and wanted the article removed. But nope, AJC said it stays with two small corrections. Gray is right, the stinky fish wrapper is from the head....

No, they did not "print a bunch of lies". Did you even read the follow up article?
First, they (AJC) couldn't substantiate that exactly 11 players remained with the team. So 10 or 9 did?
The second was the author joined two statements into one that "did not change the meaning of the quote".

I know you THINK (wish) this is a complete 180, but it is anything but.

Chapman’s statement identified the corrections and explained changes made to the article. The AJC’s editors said they could not substantiate one of the article’s key assertions about Head Coach Kirby Smart’s tenure: that 11 players remained with the team after women reported violent encounters. The “precise count of 11 players” could not be substantiated under the AJC’s standards, the statement said.

As a result of the corrections, the AJC removed or adjusted several paragraphs of the story that depended on that count, and edited the headline.

“A critical part of our mission is to hold people and institutions accountable. It is a responsibility we take seriously,” Chapman said. “We must hold ourselves to this same standard and acknowledge when we fall short, which we have here.

“We apologize to the university and our readers for the errors.”

In a second error, the article improperly joined two statements a detective made minutes apart into a single quotation, the statement said. Connecting the sentences did not change the meaning of the quote, but the way it was presented to readers failed to meet AJC standards, according to the statement.

They didn’t retract the story. Not sure what else needs to be said. It isn’t full of lies. UGA football should be so proud that they could at least pressure “1 guy into resigning”

Typical, UGA covering up crimes and silencing reporters. Got the cops and those who control the media on pay roll. Crazy times.

• Haha
Reactions: GwinnettDawg
No, they did not "print a bunch of lies". Did you even read the follow up article?
First, they (AJC) couldn't substantiate that exactly 11 players remained with the team. So 10 or 9 did?
The second was the author joined two statements into one that "did not change the meaning of the quote".

I know you THINK (wish) this is a complete 180, but it is anything but.

Chapman’s statement identified the corrections and explained changes made to the article. The AJC’s editors said they could not substantiate one of the article’s key assertions about Head Coach Kirby Smart’s tenure: that 11 players remained with the team after women reported violent encounters. The “precise count of 11 players” could not be substantiated under the AJC’s standards, the statement said.

As a result of the corrections, the AJC removed or adjusted several paragraphs of the story that depended on that count, and edited the headline.

“A critical part of our mission is to hold people and institutions accountable. It is a responsibility we take seriously,” Chapman said. “We must hold ourselves to this same standard and acknowledge when we fall short, which we have here.

“We apologize to the university and our readers for the errors.”

In a second error, the article improperly joined two statements a detective made minutes apart into a single quotation, the statement said. Connecting the sentences did not change the meaning of the quote, but the way it was presented to readers failed to meet AJC standards, according to the statement.

You are expecting way too much here from uga fans.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT