ADVERTISEMENT

97 Florida vs FSU

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Watched it for the first time in awhile and it's still one of the best games I've ever attended. My voice was shot for a week. We need the Swamp to be dominate like that again.

Reactions: WarRooster
Still to this day that call on the two yard line bothers me. I was screaming at the tv for BB to go for it.

Then the camera points to BB asking Mickey if he can stop them and he says kick it.

Huge difference from UF play calling wise from the 2 than the 20 yard line.

I was also confused on how Tennesse got a chance at undefeated Nebraska in the OB. Fsu loses at UF by 3 points in the final 2 minutes & Tenn gets boat raced by UF at UF & we play OSU in the Sugar Bowl.

Probably my most watched old game. I usually start at the point where Jackasskowski does the chomp. :)

Reactions: gatorjmdz
I would also like to point out that FSU beat Osu soundly in a game they wanted no part of.

I always point this out to Alabama people.

Tennessee played Nebraska in Orange Bowl because they were SEC Champs that year. Yes, we beat them soundly but that was their only regular season loss. They were 11-1 going into Orange Bowl.

Tennessee played Nebraska in Orange Bowl because they were SEC Champs that year. Yes, we beat them soundly but that was their only regular season loss. They were 11-1 going into Orange Bowl.

They benefited from a weak SEC that year.

Still to this day that call on the two yard line bothers me. I was screaming at the tv for BB to go for it.

Then the camera points to BB asking Mickey if he can stop them and he says kick it.

I was also confused on how Tennesse got a chance at undefeated Nebraska in the OB. Fsu loses at UF by 3 points in the final 2 minutes & Tenn gets boat raced by UF at UF & we play OSU in the Sugar Bowl.

If you are going to lose, lose early. Everybody knows that.

They benefited from a weak SEC that year.
o rly?

Not sure if you are talking about 1997 or 1998. But here are the final AP Rankings in both years.

1997 (notice 3 top 10 SEC teams, 4 top 11, 5 in the top 13 and 6 in the top 25. Pretty weak SEC, as only half were ranked. I guess that means the SEC was weak.)
1. Michigan
2. Nebraska
3. Florida St.
4. Florida
5. UCLA
6. North Carolina
7. Tennessee
8. Kansas St.
9. Washington St.
10. Georgia
11. Auburn
12. Ohio St.
13. LSU
14. Arizona St.
15. Purdue
16. Penn State
17. Colorado St.
18. Washington
19. Southern Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Syracuse
22. Mississippi
23. Missouri
24. Oklahoma St.
25. Georgia Tech

1998 (A little weaker. "Only" two top ten teams, three top fifteen, four top sisxteen)
1. Tennessee
2. Ohio St.
3. Florida St.
4. Arizona
5. Florida
6. Wisconsin
7. Tulane
8. UCLA
9. Georgia Tech
10. Kansas State
11. Texas A&M
12. Michigan
13. Air Force
14. Georgia
15. Texas
16. Arkansas
17. Penn State
18. Virginia
19. Nebraska
20. Miami (Fla.)
21. Missouri
22. Notre Dame
23. Virginia Tech
24. Purdue
25. Syracuse

"Green is behind the secondary!"

Reactions: 46885
I was watching the game on a small tv in my kitchen because I couldn't handle it on the big tv... but yet somehow I was watching both lol

I was 11 years old

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT