ADVERTISEMENT

41 Companies That Donate Directly to Planned Parenthood

passoverGator

Bull Gator
Sep 26, 2002
Time to start a boycott list, although the Microsoft one will prove nigh impossible. Link to article.
  1. Adobe
  2. American Cancer Society
  3. American Express
  4. AT&T
  5. Avon
  6. Bank of America
  7. Bath & Body Works
  8. Ben & Jerry’s
  9. Clorox
  10. Coca-Cola
  11. Converse
  12. Deutsche Bank
  13. Dockers
  14. Energizer
  15. Expedia
  16. ExxonMobil
  17. Fannie Mae
  18. Ford
  19. Groupon
  20. Intuit
  21. Johnson & Johnson
  22. La Senza
  23. Levi Strauss
  24. Liberty Mutual
  25. Macy’s
  26. March of Dimes
  27. Microsoft
  28. Morgan Stanley
  29. Nike
  30. Oracle
  31. PepsiCo
  32. Pfizer
  33. Progressive
  34. Starbucks
  35. Susan G. Komen
  36. Tostitos
  37. Unilever
  38. United Way
  39. Verizon
  40. Wells Fargo
  41. Xerox

Frigging Susan G. Komen gives money to planned parenthood? WTF? Komen is a non-profit that bills itself as a "cancer cure" organization...and in particular, breast cancer. I've donated money to them. What the hell does planned parenthood have to do with breast cancer research?

It would probably surprise you guys to learn that I'm pro-life, personally.

I'm also pro-condom, pro-IUD, vasectomy and tubal ligation, Coitus Interruptus, and birth control pills. Pro-anything that lets me live life unfettered by screaming brats... I'm not really the parental type, but I enjoy intimate times with lady friends- I mean, who among us doesn't? That's OK to say, right? In fact I just had an amazing weekend, but that's another thread because things got a little weird. In a good way- I learned how to tie a few Japanese bondage knots with 550 paracord which I think will come in handy in both future survival, camping and surely sexy situations.

Those facts established, I just have to say it- you guys pressing for a total and complete prohibition are nuts. This eleven year-old girl was raped and impregnated by her stepfather and denied an abortion in Paraguay when she was just ten years old..

If any of you can sit there and rationalize your sister or daughter being forced to bear a child of rape and incest at ten or eleven years of age, I really feel for ya.

I totally love Chick fl' A by the way- Those waffle fries are the best. Protip? Add tartar sauce and prepare to be blown away with flavor.

First off.......TMI.

Secondly....who is pressing for complete and total prohibition here? Or is that just a breathless strawman argument?

If the citizens of a particular city or state wish to enact limitations or restrictions on abortion via their legislators and governors, so be it. Much like those on the other side of the aisle push forth with efforts to restrict and limit 2nd Amendment rights (think Chicago, DC) or assistance with immigration enforcement (think San Fran and a host of other liberal urban centers).

First off.......TMI.

Secondly....who is pressing for complete and total prohibition here? Or is that just a breathless strawman argument?

If the citizens of a particular city or state wish to enact limitations or restrictions on abortion via their legislators and governors, so be it. Much like those on the other side of the aisle push forth with efforts to restrict and limit 2nd Amendment rights (think Chicago, DC) or assistance with immigration enforcement (think San Fran and a host of other liberal urban centers).
So you are OK with limits to the 2nd amendment rights?

So you are OK with limits to the 2nd amendment rights?
Define "limits".

Should individuals with prior criminal convictions, such as violent felonies, be able to legally purchase firearms? No. I suppose that means I am OK with "limits" on 2nd Amendment rights.

Those facts established, I just have to say it- you guys pressing for a total and complete prohibition are nuts. This eleven year-old girl was raped and impregnated by her stepfather and denied an abortion in Paraguay when she was just ten years old..

If any of you can sit there and rationalize your sister or daughter being forced to bear a child of rape and incest at ten or eleven years of age, I really feel for ya.

If abortion was made illegal except for cases of rape, incest and if the mother was going to really die if she gave birth, I would consider the fight to be over and the war won.
Also, I'm not against birth control either, as long as it prevents egg fertilization.

If abortion was made illegal except for cases of rape, incest and if the mother was going to really die if she gave birth, I would consider the fight to be over and the war won.
Also, I'm not against birth control either, as long as it prevents egg fertilization.

Over the years on this board, Pass- I will tell you that despite our differences in opinion, it's clear to me that you are a very loving, peaceful and humane man. That's not BS, total truth.

But if you're willing to make concessions, you have to be comfortable with slippery slopes.

What if the mother was hopelessly addicted to alcohol or drugs, with no intention of stopping, like this woman who gave birth in a hotel bathtub right after a crack binge, and chewed through the umbilical cord herself as the ambulance arrived right here in your home town? Sure, there's always adoption, but special needs children normally spend most of their lives in the custody of child services- Click here an pick one- Please! all of these kids could use a home.

What if you knew ahead of time a child would be born with a diagnosis like Harlequin Ichthyosis- Suffering constant pain, and in horrible unending agony from the moment of birth through the moment death mercifully brings peace? I work in the healthcare industry, and I have, with my own eyes seen a baby like this- Trust me, it's absolutely soul-shattering to hear the sound of an infant screaming in pain that you know has no end and that you cannot possibly relieve.

I can't imagine a man- as caring and humane as I absolutely know you are- wouldn't make different choices.. No one would blame you, and although I'm not a believer, I think you'd argue a convincing case to St. Peter under those circumstances.

I guess like you, it's upsetting that the choice might be used to correct mistakes by reckless frat boys and sorority girls who aren't willing to take responsibility- Like I said, I am personally pro-life.. but not at the expense. It's got to be on demand and without apology.

Last edited:
If abortion was made illegal except for cases of rape, incest and if the mother was going to really die if she gave birth.......

Personally, I would add under 18 and severe health problems for the kid. It doesn't make me happy but I think we have to realistically weigh making things worse for everyone involved.

The whole "exceptions" argument of abortion is really a straw man....there are almost no cases where life of mother is in danger, and even the rape and incest cases are very rare. And to even make that the topic is to distract from the hideous nature of PP and the pro-choice movement.

The whole "exceptions" argument of abortion is really a straw man....there are almost no cases where life of mother is in danger, and even the rape and incest cases are very rare. And to even make that the topic is to distract from the hideous nature of PP and the pro-choice movement.

Truth

Agreed.

Over the years on this board, Pass- I will tell you that despite our differences in opinion, it's clear to me that you are a very loving, peaceful and humane man. That's not BS, total truth.

But if you're willing to make concessions, you have to be comfortable with slippery slopes.

What if the mother was hopelessly addicted to alcohol or drugs, with no intention of stopping, like this woman who gave birth in a hotel bathtub right after a crack binge, and chewed through the umbilical cord herself as the ambulance arrived right here in your home town? Sure, there's always adoption, but special needs children normally spend most of their lives in the custody of child services- Click here an pick one- Please! all of these kids could use a home.

What if you knew ahead of time a child would be born with a diagnosis like Harlequin Ichthyosis- Suffering constant pain, and in horrible unending agony from the moment of birth through the moment death mercifully brings peace? I work in the healthcare industry, and I have, with my own eyes seen a baby like this- Trust me, it's absolutely soul-shattering to hear the sound of an infant screaming in pain that you know has no end and that you cannot possibly relieve.

I can't imagine a man- as caring and humane as I absolutely know you are- wouldn't make different choices.. No one would blame you, and although I'm not a believer, I think you'd argue a convincing case to St. Peter under those circumstances.

I guess like you, it's upsetting that the choice might be used to correct mistakes by reckless frat boys and sorority girls who aren't willing to take responsibility- Like I said, I am personally pro-life.. but not at the expense. It's got to be on demand and without apology.
Thanks for the kind words Commie.

Abortion still comes down to ending the life of a baby. I can't in my mind, justify it for the scenarios you laid out. It's bad enough with the concessions I am quote unquote ok with.

Here's one for the lefties, what if we knew the baby 'was going to be born gay' and the parents didn't want have a gay baby. Would the left be ok with aborting a baby because its gay?

Here's one for the lefties, what if we knew the baby 'was going to be born gay' and the parents didn't want have a gay baby. Would the left be ok with aborting a baby because its gay?

I guess if you're the kind of person that would reject your own child over something as silly as being being gay, you deserve ridicule. It's like being left-handed in a right-handed world.

Never wanted any kids myself, but I've often heard excellent parents I know say that the one and only thing they ever hope their children will be when they grow up is- Happy. That, and they hope they lead an honest, caring, respectful, charitable, and noble life of which those same parents would take pride in having raised such a great citizen.

I'd think any parent would love their child unconditionally when it comes to orientation. Being gay isn't a big deal. I never "chose" to be straight, I just remember one day when I was a bit young, maybe ten or eleven years old- finding myself lingering a few moments longer on page 216 of the JC Penny catalog- It was the bra section. To be honest it was the page offering nursing bras with cups that pull down when the baby gets hungry.. But there was that oh-so-small bit of boob in the picture- Something happened in my imagination (and in my pants if I'm being honest)- So Bingo, I'm a hetero- out of freaking nowhere... Same for gay folks, can't say I relate, but nature takes it's course.

At the same time, there are real legit medical and social reasons when it comes to the option of terminating a pregnancy, several of which I've outlined, and I also mentioned that I'm personally pro-life, and also why I adore birth control in all of it's forms so I never have to go down that road.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT