ADVERTISEMENT

“I said that was a good locker room when I left it, and I meant it,”

LOL
This guy single-handedly dismantled Florida football to the point where many of us were happy to see anything resembling a competent game plan on offense. Then he has the nerve to try to take some type of credit for the success. Has anyone ever seen him own up for the mess he made here....??

From the article: “I said that was a good locker room when I left it, and I meant it,” Muschamp said. “The foundation was set.”
Uhhhh, was that the "foundation" that was woefully short on LBs and OLs (and he's the one that said it was a LOS league)?? I just hope he's teaching some of the folks at Auburn exactly what "the midline is" .....

Reactions: sadgator
The biggest piece missing from the locker room was a competent coach.
True but it's really hard to bash him on his point, unless he didn't actually say that. So many ways to pile on Chump but not with his comment. I really don't know what else he could say in this situation.

The only good foundation he left in the locker room was the new white board he likely had to pay to replace after he punched the other one off its stand.

Appreciate the thought, but Mac did this.

There is a difference between what Zook left for Urban and what Mus left for Mac.

LOL@ him trying to take credit for what this team is accomplishing in a backhand way. First of all, except for our defense, almost all the players making big time contributions were not here when he left. I'm talking about all the freshmen we're playing like Scarlett, Cronkrite, Ivey, Calloway, Johnson, etc. NONE of those guys would be here if he was still here. Other young players like the TE's were buried behind the ex-defensive linemen he chose to play at TE instead. The transfers that Mac brought in to sure up the 6 damn linemen he left here have nothing to do with him either. I mean I could keep going, what a joke. I can't stand this dude.

And I'm not done yet, eff this dude. The foundation? What foundation was that? The 6 linemen he left here??? We didn't even have enough linemen to have a damn backup unit! Was it the 4 linebackers? Again, not even enough players to have a backup unit! Or maybe it's the two scholarship QB's when any team worth a damn carries a minimum of 4. Or the 3 running backs with one of them being an ex-walkon. I could keep going, dude is delusional.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
I cannot stand him either, and we all know he would have never gotten what Mac did out of that locker room. The past is the past, and I am willing to accept his statement as his way of saying no hard feelings...

And I'm not done yet, eff this dude. The foundation? What foundation was that? The 6 linemen he left here??? We didn't even have enough linemen to have a damn backup unit! Was it the 4 linebackers? Again, not even enough players to have a backup unit! I could keep going, dude is delusional.

I agree with everything said but in fairness he was baited with the question by a reporter doing a fishing expedition for some angry comment that we have come to know and love. I'm not sure what he could have said differently and not been an asshat. Coming from his mouth, "if I'd have one more year I'd be coaching champions but they were too impatient" would be the expected reply.

Wonder if he ever took credit for the foundation at Texas when he left there?

meH. He just admitted the problem was mostly him, not the players. Even if it was in a backhanded way.

He made that comment when he was fired cause it helped him in 2 ways. If we won like we are he can say see i told yall there was a good group in there and if we were losing he could say well I left great players guy just couldn't coach. Fact is he will be like Dungy at Tampa and others who "set foundations" but couldn't coach, people will say hey you brought them in but Mac or Gruden did what you couldn't

I think what Champ is basically saying is that he set up the foundation of this team because of the defense.

I don't think that's unfair. We probably have 3 losses this year if not for the great D he established. ECU and Vandy both are losses without Tabor's Pick 6 against ECU and Bullard and McCallisters' relentless D line play against Vandy.

Not many coaches know defense like that man. Too bad he couldn't keep his nose out of the offense.

I'm sure in Muschamp's mind he's playing the what ifs. No doubt if he stayed around another year he'd have found another way to underachieve and disappoint. Big up for the fine defensive players he recruited that made our current success possible. Too bad he didn't match that prowess on the offensive side of the ball. I guess he didn't want to make it too easy for the next guy.

I think what Champ is basically saying is that he set up the foundation of this team because of the defense.

I don't think that's unfair. We probably have 3 losses this year if not for the great D he established. ECU and Vandy both are losses without Tabor's Pick 6 against ECU and Bullard and McCallisters' relentless D line play against Vandy.

Not many coaches know defense like that man. Too bad he couldn't keep his nose out of the offense.

His defensive skills are over-hyped. See Texas or UF post-Quinn. The guy is overrated

See UF vs AL last year. They had allot of the same guys as this year and I think AL broker some records for Ofensive production.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT